Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Master Eraqus

Message and new Kingdom Hearts Union χ[Cross] artwork from Tetsuya Nomura

On the official Kingdom Hearts Union χ[Cross] Twitter account, a tweet was posted with a message from Tetsuya Nomura:

Good evening, this is Tetsuya Nomura. From Unchained χ's existence to Union Cross, two years have passed since the service started. I thank you very much. I'll try to make public as soon as possible a new illustration of the title screen. This time please pay attention to their positions. So, thank you for your consideration.

Translated by KH13 translator Mio-chan.

The tweet can be viewed here.

Another message was left by Tetsuya Nomura and he promises that the main story of Kingdom Hearts Union χ[Cross], will be deeper than Kingdom Hearts χ[chi] and Kingdom Hearts Unchained χ. He hopes that the story will keep fans thinking at every turn each time.

The new artwork from Tetsuya Nomura features Ephemer, Skuld, Ventus, Blaine, Lauriam, Chirithy and a mysterious figure in a black coat. This image, as well as images from the upcoming v2.3 update set for September 14th JST, can be seen below:

oIs7N7bd0oI6xNigYIoI6tNdQOqDIukjQFUIAEDCyc

UPDATE:

-A Message from the Director-

Long time no see, this is Nomura.

Somehow we are able to celebrate the 2nd Anniversary, and it’s thanks to the fans.

The staff appreciate it too, thank you.

This time I tried very hard to write and draw various things.

I will explain: I did the KH2’s last battle illustration, the KH2 avatar parts and others so I kind of multiplying the number "2" for the 2nd Anniversary Event.

The main story ended with a long KH-ish prologue, so the main part of Union Cross begins at last.

This is what the title displayed on the latest scenario part meant.

It was the beginning of an impact, I believe that Union Cross will be deeper than χ[chi] and Unchained χ.

I think that each new part added will make you even more involved into the story, so please look forward to it.

By the middle of September, there is a little part of the main scenario in preparation along with a large-scale update, so please look forward to it too.

Until then, may your heart be your guiding key.

So you do you think of Nomura's update? Do you like the fact he directly messaged fans of Kingdom Hearts Union χ[Cross]? What do you think of the new artwork? Are you excited of the next big game update? Let us know in the comments.

Click here to view the article

post-45664-0-10871200-1504366322_thumb.png

post-45664-0-55743400-1504366552_thumb.jpg

There's a red outfit peeking under that coat...also good grief I do not like Ventus's shorter hairstyle at all.

And what plant is the hooded figure holding anyway? It's not a dandelion, and it's not a bird-of-paradise flower...

This looks awesome Love Ephemera's determined look! Blaine doesn't really look like Zexion surprisingly. I like his design and he doesn't look as evil as I thought. Ventus looks younger for some reason..looks like he is holding something too. And I wonder who's that person in the black coat...

It's really nice to see a new artwork from him! 

I know I read somewhere in KHinsider of a "person in a black coat" in a picture Nomura was showing one of those interviewers. This might be the photo right here.

But who is this person in a black coat. Strelitiza?  Or a new face. 

Was it a year ago Nomura drew something that had Skuld, Ephemer, Chirithy, Ventus, and the two unfinished characters?

...oops, now I feel stupid. Sorry about that.

A bit of searching around on Twitter tells me that flower is called the bleeding heart vine...complete with spoilerrific symbolism.

Haha! Don't worry, I got confused at first too.

I thought that was Luxu but it may be another person? Man, I'm tired of so many black coat people whose face we don't even know

Edited by Moni_22

Lumariam

Typo?

Ephemera is the center man. Of course there's someone in a hooded coat. Nice of them to finish the prologue before the anniversary date.

Every time Nomura releases a piece of artwork I am just left speechless! His style is so unique and I love it! I'm curious to see who's in the black coat, I can't really tell what gender they are. They look young and somewhat feminine though. I just hope it's either a KHx character or a new original character. I'd prefer it not be someone we already know from the modern era of KH. Ventus and Marluxia's somebody - Lauriam are enough. But man...this artwork is exciting!

Edited by Hallowseve

If you look super super close to the hooded figure you can see that he/she has some hair in the front.

Its been said that this hooded figure is more feminine than the other that have been in Cross and I think I cant kinda see it too.

Wouldnt it be crazy as hell if whoever that may be, a Nobody of a former Leader or an entirely new character that they would maybe look like Xion???

Im probably reaching, but the hair looks kinda like short and black in the front, zoom in and look, Just saying, thatd be another crazy twist.

Nomura's art is just great. Everything he draws u can feel the emotion in it even with Disney characters. I'd love to see him draw someone from other series like Dragonball or Scooby Doo. I wonder if the hooded figure is someone related to kairi or riku. 

everytime i see some new art from Nomura based on X it makes me a little disappointed that X was never more than a mobile gotcha game.

the characters here all look interesting enough to make me want to know their story but the presentation and execution of X just turns me off from it.

also because the Poll of the Day thread make me think about a KH game made by Vanillaware i'm even more disappointed lol

Ephemera is in the middle, so he must be the leader.

Skuld is his "right hand".

Blaine is his left hand, so I believe he will take a similar role like Invi.

Ven's position is interesting, because he is in front of them all next to Chirithy. I guess Nomura wants to tell us that Ven is a Dream Eater?

Lauriam and the mysterious hooded girl (Larxene?) must be allies and are plotting behind the back of the Union leaders.

If you look super super close to the hooded figure you can see that he/she has some hair in the front.

Its been said that this hooded figure is more feminine than the other that have been in Cross and I think I cant kinda see it too.

Wouldnt it be crazy as hell if whoever that may be, a Nobody of a former Leader or an entirely new character that they would maybe look like Xion???

Im probably reaching, but the hair looks kinda like short and black in the front, zoom in and look, Just saying, thatd be another crazy twist.

Would be awesome, however doesn't the hair look a bit more orange. I personally think that it's Strelitzia as a Nobody.

...oops, now I feel stupid. Sorry about that.

A bit of searching around on Twitter tells me that flower is called the bleeding heart vine...complete with spoilerrific symbolism.

I just searched google, and the most symbolism for it I can find is that it's related to the dragon in Chinese lore.  The bleeding heart vine/bleeding glory-bower and the bleeding heart flower, which does have a lot of symbolism attributed to it, are not related.

"This time please pay attention to their positions."

Alright, Nomura, let's see what we've got here...  :) 

Ephemera is positioned in the center stage, obviously a sign that he's the leader. Skuld is on his right, so she's obviously going to be his "right hand" girl. Blaine (who we can now see his face, looking good buddy!) is on Ephemera's left and although I can't see any significance of that position, it would appear that those in the front are the "good" guys.

Then we got Ventus sitting in the front beside Chirithy and he's... holding something, what is he holding??? It looks like its covered with a cloth? Interesting... or it could just be his knee.

Now for those in the back. From their position, being in the back can represent secret agendas or motives. And with Lauriam back there staring at that dandelion, I can only think of the same thing that a youtuber commented (sorry can't remember their name) saying, "he's staring at his success." Or as to say, he's successfully infiltrated the Dandelions? Don't know about anyone else, but I'll definitely be keeping my eye on him.

And finally we got that mysterious hooded figure holding a white bleeding heart flower, which I heard represents the tragic death of a young woman (a.k.a) Strelitzia. I see a lot of people are grasping towards the idea that that's Strel's nobody, but I personally think it's Luxu. His role was to wait and watch what happens, who's to say he didn't witness Strel's death? But whoever it is, this is their way of mourning Strelitzia.

On another note, Blaine is looking to be that cool, laid back, misunderstood kind of guy I assumed he was, so that's awesome! At first I thought that little red thing was part of the black robe, but no, that's just Blaine's feather on his hat. Also, check out his earring, it's a cross of some sort...  :/

So let's wrap up what seems to be important when it comes to detail:

• Lauriam is happily holding a dandelion in the back.
  • An unknown hooded figure is with them holding a bleeding heart flower.
  • Ventus is holding something in a way to make it seem very precious. He's also the only one sitting down.

What does it all mean?!

Edited by Gadget

Thank you for showing this to us, Master Eraqus! :D

Good lord almighty in heaven, this latest artwork from Master Nomura is truly an immensely beautiful piece of art! It's wallpaper worthy! ;_; Seriously, Nomura has such an attractive art style, it's just so eye pleasing! The new Union Leaders are looking amazing, and it seems that the hooded figure is Strelitzia's Nobody, as many people here have deduced that! And the shape of the figure does seem womanly! And Nomura said to keep an eye on their positions in the image, huh? Nomura...what hidden message could you possibly be conveying to us?

"This time please pay attention to their positions."

Alright, Nomura, let's see what we've got here...  :) 

Ephemera is positioned in the center stage, obviously a sign that he's the leader. Skuld is on his right, so she's obviously going to be his "right hand" girl. Blaine (who we can now see his face, looking good buddy!) is on Ephemera's left and although I can't see any significance of that position, it would appear that those in the front are the "good" guys.

Then we got Ventus sitting in the front beside Chirithy and he's... holding something, what is he holding??? It looks like its covered with a cloth? Interesting...

Now for those in the back. From their position, being in the back can represent secret agendas or motives. And with Lauriam back there staring at that dandelion, I can only think of the same thing that a youtuber commented (sorry can't remember their name) saying, "he's staring at his success." Or as to say, he's successfully infiltrated the Dandelions? Don't know about anyone else, but I'll definitely be keeping my eye on him.

And finally we got that mysterious hooded figure holding a white bleeding heart flower, which I heard represents the tragic death of a young woman (a.k.a) Strelitzia. I see a lot of people are grasping towards the idea that that's Strel's nobody, but I personally think it's Luxu. His role was to wait and watch what happens, who's to say he didn't witness Strel's death? But whoever it is, this is their way of mourning Strelitzia.

On another note, Blaine is looking to be that cool, laid back, misunderstood kind of guy I assumed he was, so that's awesome! At first I thought that little red thing was part of the black robe, but no, that's just Blaine's feather on his hat. Also, check out his earring, it's a cross of some sort...  :/

So let's wrap up what seems to be important when it comes to detail:

• Lauriam is happily holding a dandelion in the back.
  • An unknown hooded figure is with them holding a bleeding heart flower.
  • Ventus is holding something in a way to make it seem very precious. He's also the only one sitting down.

What does it all mean?!

Hmm, this is a pretty good analysis of the image! Great work! :D

Seriously though, I can't get over how amazing this artwork looks! And I'm glad that the story in Union X is finally getting underway, per Nomura's words! He says that the story will make us think...I wonder what mysteries he's prepared for us? :O

Hmm, this is a pretty good analysis of the image! Great work! :D

Seriously though, I can't get over how amazing this artwork looks! And I'm glad that the story in Union X is finally getting underway, per Nomura's words! He says that the story will make us think...I wonder what mysteries he's prepared for us? :O

Thank you! And you're right, this work is A.M.A.Z.I.N.G! I'm so excited to finally meet all the Union Leaders, even though not all of them made it...  : Maybe...

But I'm also excited for the story moving on now and that the content will make us think. Oooooh, I love mysteries!  <3