Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Sign in to follow this  
Wan_Pisu

Who is the Hooded Person on the KHUX 2nd Anniversary artwork?

Who is the Hooded Person on the KHUX 2nd Anniversary artwork?  

70 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the Hooded Person on the KHUX 2nd Anniversary artwork?

• Luxord's Somebody
    • The Master of Masters
    • Strelitzia
    • Demyx's Somebody
    • Luxu
    • Strelitzia's Nobody
    • Pooh
    • Larxene's Somebody
    • A Foreteller
    • A new, unknown character
    • Someone else? Share below!

Quite sure it's Luxu, if we're looking at height. Also, when you compare the plant the hooded figure is holding with the plant Luxu is sitting next to in the cutscene with Ava (18:05), it looks strikingly similar. Since the events of Union Cross are taking place after the Keyblade War, Luxu will likely be searching for a worthy apprentice to pass 'No Name' onto.

gallery_61785_1920_514564.png

Edited by Svard

I don't think it's Strelitzia's Nobody because if you look closely you can see a bit of the character's hair over their face which appears to be a side parting rather than a middle fringe like she has. It could be intentionally deceptive though. If the flower the character is holding can be identified that may hold a clue. The closest match I've been able to find so far is a potato flower but I don't think that's it. 

I don't get how it could be Strelitzia's Nobody. Her heart was not lost to darkness. She was struck down just like what happened to Master Eraqus. There's no darkness. She fades away into the light with her heart going somewhere (perhaps to Kingdom Hearts or somewhere else). Her heart was not shown to be enveloped in darkness and transform into a Heartless, so no Nobody.

It's very unlikely to be Luxu. Luxu went off to accomplish the role given to him. There's no reason for him to be here with these new Union leaders, unless he wants to pick one of them as his apprentice and pass down the Keyblade to them. That would be a very big revelation. But why though? On another note, it doesn't seem to be Luxu based on the artwork. He's also not associated with any flower before, unlike Strelitzia and Lauriam/Marluxia and even the Master of Masters himself (he held a dandelion in KHχBC and in KH2.8 box art).

The person doesn't look to be like the Master or a foreteller. Any foreteller also doesn't need to wear a black coat.

It's either Strelitzia herself (either before her "death" or after a possible resurrection) or a new character. By consistency, these are all the new Union leaders and the only person revealed so far who is related to them (except for the Master, Ava and the Player) is Strelitzia. So it's her or someone new (or old who's never appeared in KHUχ before).

Edited by Kenneth Choo

I don't get how it could be Strelitzia's Nobody. Her heart was not lost to darkness. She was struck down just like what happened to Master Eraqus. There's no darkness. She fades away into the light with her heart going somewhere (perhaps to Kingdom Hearts or somewhere else). Her heart was not shown to be enveloped in darkness and transform into a Heartless, so no Nobody.

Finally, someone with some reason! Thank you!

Edited by hawk222

I want to think that it's Luxu, is funny but i like to think he is still around, funny thing is also that the MoM liked to play or look plants, i just remember that looking the cover of the 2.8 also... if it could be the MoM may know more of travel time than what we know... who says we already know is all true or whole about travel time? Years ago we thinked that nobodys didn't have a heart but they do have a heart so who knows right?

I'm willing to bet it's either Strelitzia or her Nobody. It's a bit of a stretch, but I can't help but feel like her character was underutilized and delt with way too soon. The only reason it would make sense to kill a character off as soon as you introduce them like that is if you were going to have their presence/absence leave an impact on the story. Sure, Lauriam supposedly killing her off and taking her spot does set up some potential conflict and drama, but I feel it has to go deeper than that otherwise she was just a tool of the plot (not to mention it would be a pretty cheap bait-and-switch tactic, even by Nomura's twist standards). If she somehow came back, as a Nobody or otherwise, it might allow for some interesting developments in the story. I mean, the Keyblade War already happened by this time, whatever happens next is hard to tell, if they are even foreshadowing it at all yet. At this point anything is a possibility, even lost characters coming back.

But aside from personal misgivings about how her character was underutilized, I do have some visual information to kind of back up my suspicion, though it really depends on how you interpret it. If you look at the 2nd anniversary art, pay attention to where Lauriam and the hooded figure are placed in the image. Both are positioned on opposite sides of the composition and both have something in common, they're both holding some form of plant. Lauriam is holding a dandelion while the figure is holding a white rose. Now what is bizarre about this is the supposed backwardsness of the things they're holding. Marluxia, Lauriam's future Nobody, is well known for his rose motif, in the manga he is almost always seen holding a rose and most of his weapons are named after various flowers as well, not to mention that most of the 13th floor of Castle Oblivion (where you face him) is littered with flower imagery (I realize that BBS's ending shows that the Org didn't exactly have control over the appearance of the castle but it's still worth pointing out). And yet instead of holding the rose like we would expect him to, he's instead holding a dandelion, which can clearly be likened to it's use throughout the rest of the story as symbolic of the Dandelions themselves, as well as Ava's desire to have them be free of the conflict. Now not much is known about Lauriam's character at this time yet, but based on his future self, it seems a bit hard to believe that he just happened to share the same peace-loving sentimentality that Ava had.

This gives the impression that the dandelion, as well as the peaceful symbolism behind it, feels misplaced in regards as to who's holding it. Thus, if we consider the rose, the plant that arguably would have been much more fitting for Lauriam to be holding, and who's holding it, it's mismatched placement may give a clue as to who the figure is. Someone who aught to be holding the dandelion, someone who by misfortune or sinister design got their role stolen from them.  Someone like Strelitzia, who had her destiny and role as the fifth Union leader stolen by Lauriam (supposedly anyway, but it's a pretty good indication so far).

Not only that, but consider the symbolism of the white rose. It can mean several things, but it is most commonly associated with innocence, purity, and sympathy. Strelitzia was an innocent who fell at the hands of somebody's scheme, she displayed a pure sincerity in the moments we saw her, and her sympathy showed in how she tried to make sure that the player character learned of their fate so that they may be safe later. To further compound this, the figure itself looks as if they were drawn not only more feminine than previous hooded figures, but also with a faint sense of purity about them. These aren't direct confirmation that Strelitzia or some form of her is the hooded figure in this image, but they are at the very least strong signs that point towards that possibility. Plus, Nomura waited until all the Union Leaders were revealed before he showed off this artwork, the most significant characters in this new unfolding chapter. And yet while we haven't seen a new hooded figure yet, we HAVE seen Strelitzia, and she's the only character from this story who hasn't been fully illustrated as we've seen her so far. It's not too far fetched to believe that if she really is this hooded figure, that her role in the story might not be done quite yet.

Nomura made a point for everyone to pay attention to the characters' placements, so I feel that this isn't just for the sake of making a nice-looking composition, it rarely ever is.

On an unrelated note, I want to point out Ephemer's expression in this piece. Unlike everyone else surrounding him in the bottom half of the image, his expression doesn't look as calm or confident. If anything, it looks like it's filled with doubt or uncertainty. I wonder if this is suggesting that he might be facing something later on down the line that will throw his confidence or feelings into question. As always, he's going to be the character to watch as this chapter unfolds.

Edited by Hero of Light XIV

I would say "the previous version" of Xion and the reason why Roxas sees her this way, because of Ven's memories during the Union X era. This woman in the hoodie must have strong similarities to Xion.

I would say "the previous version" of Xion and the reason why Roxas sees her this way, because of Ven's memories during the Union X era. This woman in the hoodie must have strong similarities to Xion.

But Xion is already established to look like Kairi. That's why she looks the way she does.