Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Finn and vigor

KHUX Blaine is now Brain

I refuse to call that. I see him as Blaine.

Well I think it's a sort of pronunciation issue kind of like with Luxu. I'm guessing it's probably pronounced "Brine" with the A being silent. (at least this is what I'm hoping lol)

Why is everyone so upset. I agree, I would prefer this to be a misspelled form of Brian but the way Japanese writing systems work, Ephemera was probably always meant to be Ephemer. Similarly, the way syllables are distributed, l and r are interchangeable. 

Just like back when people freaked out over Pokemon's 4th generation with Rukiaro and Lucario...

Why is everyone so upset. I agree, I would prefer this to be a misspelled form of Brian but the way Japanese writing systems work, Ephemera was probably always meant to be Ephemer. Similarly, the way syllables are distributed, l and r are interchangeable. 

Just like back when people freaked out over Pokemon's 4th generation with Rukiaro and Lucario...

I mean the name is a bit unnatural so I don't blame those people. But I will admit that I'm not that annoyed, I've seen worse lol.

In quoting 'The Thirthteen' because I typed this on my phone and my phone doesn't understand what the quote button should actually do, "Why is everyone so upset. I agree, I would prefer this to be a misspelled form of Brian but the way Japanese writing systems work, Ephemera was probably always meant to be Ephemer. Similarly, the way syllables are distributed, l and r are interchangeable."

This is true and thus I still feel it's ok to call him either or. Just as it is with Ephemer(a), he's still Blaine/Brain so whatever name you chose to call him, we all know who you're talking about. That's why I don't care, I personally think it's hilarious and I will now always hum that intro song to Pinky and the Brain when I see him, but I prefer to call him Blaine.
I don't even mind if that was treated as his nickname, in fact, for me, that'll be his nickname. It fits him well.  :biggrin:

Edited by BaeWulf95

Why just why? 
​Regardless of how Japanese translation could turn out to be, I still like Ephemera more than Emphemer and I still like Blaine more than Brain
Like seriously? Brain?! Did we seriously reach to this shameful time where we can't pick good names? 
​What happened to the names that have connected elemental meanings, like the trios that have close connections on their name meanings?
What happened to the awesome anagrams of different characters, like Eraqus and Xehanort coming from Square and No Heart?
​Didn't they seriously consider how the English version could turn out to be? Or were they just thinking of Japanese names and then on their translations they were like "ops, we can't change that now can we?"
How disappointing