Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Wan_Pisu

In which character order(s) have you played through Birth By Sleep?

In which character order(s) have you played through Birth By Sleep?  

94 members have voted

1. 1. In which character order(s) have you played through Birth By Sleep?

• AVT
    • TAV
    • VTA
    • VAT
    • TVA
    • ATV
    • I haven't played BBS

i always play through it Terra-Ventus-Aqua because it's the order they were written in and it really shows.

Terra's story doesn't really do much else other than set up the worlds and characters, Ventus seems to have the most involved story, and Aqua seems like she just comes around afterwards to clean up after Terra and Ven.

At first I picked aqua because shes a playable female character and i thought she looks cool, but then I thought I might've miss some important things so I just decided to make a new file and picked Terra as its suggested to play him first.

I went through the order I think I would be able to finish the fastest to slowest (story-wise): VAT

The story for Ventus was sad. The story for Aqua was heartbreaking. The story for Terra made me cry so much I couldn't bring myself to finish it until a long time later. I spent so much time in the Mirage Arena so I had an excuse not to finish. It really hurts when something like this happens to your favorite character. T_T

I didn't know about the recommended order until after finishing all three stories but I wouldn't change the order even if I knew.

Terra, Ven, then Aqua as per the recommended order. However, I usually start Terra on Proud just to get a feel for it, then after I'm done with all the playthroughs, go back and do Terra on Critical.

While the official order is TVA, I recommend VTA for a better/more interesting narrative.

For one, you start off controlling Ventus which is why I 1st chose him for my original BBS playthrough. Also it adds a nice bit of mystery factor to what Terra was really doing behind the scenes and Ven worrying about him. I think the narrative in worlds like Enchanted Dominion and Dwarf Woodlands is more interesting if you do them with Ven first and then do Terra's story to see the shady dealings he was doing with the villains.

Two, outta the 3 I would call Terra the most important of the game's story because he's the whole setup for villain of the series so I'd rather have that in the middle rather than the beginning and I also think his story complements Aqua's quite nicely.

Third, Terra's story spoils a lot of the intended surprises of Ven's story like his relation to Vanitas, where the unversed come from, and his encounter with Eraqus. 

Finally, not saving Aqua's story for last is highly illogical. 

Edited by KingdomShader13

I played Ven, Terra, Aqua the first time I played, then Terra, Ven Aqua for my second time as per Nomura's recommendation. I wanna do a playthrough of just Aqua from her story, to Final and Secret Episodes and 0.2. She's the real hero of BbS (or maybe villain... ://////)

I'm pretty sure I played it Terra-Aqua-Ven the first time because I wanted to save my favorite character for last and knew all of nothing about the game. Since then it's been Terra-Ven-Aqua, though :)