Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Finn and vigor

Should Lauriam be the next Antagonist of the Saga after KH3?

Pretty sure that the Master of Masters is being constructed as the next main antagonist. Besides, we don't know how Lauriam differs from Marluxia so this is really jumping the gun.

Pretty sure that the Master of Masters is being constructed as the next main antagonist. Besides, we don't know how Lauriam differs from Marluxia so this is really jumping the gun.

I think it's safe to say that Lauriam and Marluxia don't differ that much. Considering what we've seen in Union X [Cross] Lauriam is still a prime suspect in the murder of Strelitizia... that sounded like something straight out of Law and Order.  :lol:

Anyway, I don't think Nomura will make Lauriam a vessel in KH3 because YX has already told us in DDD that certain members (of old Org. 13) were too untrustworthy, a.k.a Marluxia. Not saying he won't show up, but I'm pretty sure he won't be a Xehanort goonie. That being said, if he is going to be our new main antagonist, with him having little relations (good ones anyway) with Xehanort, that'll keep the two separate and stop this whole every-villain-is-Xehanort concept I am so sick and tired of.

As for who the next big baddie will be, we still don't have much to go on with the Master of Masters, so he's still a little out-of-the-blue, but Lauriam seems to be growing into such a role. And I'm enjoying it! Since it's as you said, Finn and vigor, the Chi series is setting us up for what's to come after the 3rd numbered title, so why not Lauriam/Marluxia be the next main villain? He's got ties to Sora and the gang, he's got a history with Ventus and the other Union Leaders, so he's definitely not just gonna show up and everyone be like, "Who're you?" It's perfect placement; makes it flow nicely into a new beginning.

Edited by BaeWulf95

First of all, we have yet to figure out Lauriam’s role so let’s not get ahead of ourselves. Second, to answer the question, no. That will have to be someone else. Lauriam becomes Marluxia and then becomes a darkness. The fate of him and all the darknesses is to be defeated by the seven.

First of all, we have yet to figure out Lauriam’s role so let’s not get ahead of ourselves. Second, to answer the question, no. That will have to be someone else. Lauriam becomes Marluxia and then becomes a darkness. The fate of him and all the darknesses is to be defeated by the seven.

Well true but hey, I think we should at least consider the possibility right? And to go on with what Baewulf95 was saying, I have a feeling Marluxia/Lauriam won't be a Seeker of Darkness. It's just a nagging feeling. But with that in mind we should remember that Marluxia was a "Traitor" to the Organization so why would Xehanort want him back anyway? But yeah, probably too soon to discuss this.

i'd like to think Nomura can start a new saga without having to weigh it down with plot elements from this current one.

things are so ridiculous as it is. at this point the next saga should essentially be a soft reboot with zero mention of Xehanort and the Organization.

I think that the next main villain should be someone who entirely uses the light, a "light is not good" character, along with Light equivalents of the Heartless.  Something to contrast Xehanort's "Dark is Evil," to give a more nuanced slant to things whereas the Xehanort saga has been good but pretty cliched. None of the characters thus far really would fit that role as there's not really any evil Light users in the series yet. As for Lauriam and the rest of the old characters, I think except for maybe Axel, (his name is Lea, got it memorized?) Roxas, and Xion we should just go back to the main 3 of Sora, Riku, and Kairi. Though in all honesty despite how Noruma has already said otherwise I'd much prefer if either Riku or Kairi took center stage if not a totally new protagonist because Sora was never a particularly interesting or nuanced protagonist in the first place and he's been hogging most of the games already. I'd never say a character is really played out but Sora has had enough time in the spotlight as it is.

I think that the next main villain should be someone who entirely uses the light, a "light is not good" character, along with Light equivalents of the Heartless.  Something to contrast Xehanort's "Dark is Evil," to give a more nuanced slant to things whereas the Xehanort saga has been good but pretty cliched. None of the characters thus far really would fit that role as there's not really any evil Light users in the series yet. As for Lauriam and the rest of the old characters, I think except for maybe Axel, (his name is Lea, got it memorized?) Roxas, and Xion we should just go back to the main 3 of Sora, Riku, and Kairi. Though in all honesty despite how Noruma has already said otherwise I'd much prefer if either Riku or Kairi took center stage if not a totally new protagonist because Sora was never a particularly interesting or nuanced protagonist in the first place and he's been hogging most of the games already. I'd never say a character is really played out but Sora has had enough time in the spotlight as it is.

I think a villain who wields the Light would be interesting but like I said, other then Lauriam, the MoM is the most likely candidate. Although with that in mind, whose to say the MoM is a denizen of Darkness? He could actually be our "Villain of Light".