Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Aquaberry

[Updated] Koch Media and Amazon Germany list a "Kingdom Hearts PS4 Collection" for €69,99, releasing November 24, 2017

Considering the price, I doubt it'll contain anything too special if it's an official thing.

To be honest, I don't care too much about another bundle because I own the games. If I were new to the series or didn't own them on PS4, it's definitely not a bad thing to have it bundled together, though it's probably more out of convenience than anything else.

In a way, it makes sense too with KH3 coming out next year if all goes according to plan and with Christmas approaching. Still, I'm not gonna pay 70€ for games I already own. If they had done it right off the batch... maybe...

I'm pretty sure it's going to be a similar bundle to what they did with Uncharted and what they did with other bundles it's going to be both disk in like either one case or it will be a special box that holds both case of the PS4 collections.  I remember Nomura talking about something like this in an earlier interview this year so I think this is what he was talking about.

I'm gonna be the one to spew out an overly negative comment and say this is just ridiculous. How many times more are they going to make us buy the same games? And if they do consider making this a Collector's Edition, I hope they take a page from the FFXV CE (except for the incredibly low number of units they made of it) or the JP version of the PS3 KH 1.5 and 2.5 ReMIX collection. Those are CEs worth collecting imo.

I would only slightly consider this bundle if 1) it came out on a different platform, like the Nintendo Switch - releasing it on this platform would offer a fairly different gameplay experience via on-the-go gameplay vs. gameplay only in front of a large screen plugged into a wall. Or 2) if it was packaged with KH3. Otherwise, there's nothing in it that's new for existing fans...

My suspicion is that it's probably cheaper for SE to produce the game as one bundle in one box vs. separate SKUs for each of 1.5+2.5 and 2.8. Added to the holiday season approaching and wanting to cash in before KH3 comes out. These points just make this release seem a bit insincere, especially to existing fans...

and you better believe we'll get a similar bundle after KH3 comes out

Well you will miss the preorder bonus or a limited edition if you will wait for this bundle.

Unless you are getting it twice :).

I'm gonna be the one to spew out an overly negative comment and say this is just ridiculous. How many times more are they going to make us buy the same games? And if they do consider making this a Collector's Edition, I hope they take a page from the FFXV CE (except for the incredibly low number of units they made of it) or the JP version of the PS3 KH 1.5 and 2.5 ReMIX collection. Those are CEs worth collecting imo.

I would only slightly consider this bundle if it came out on a different platform, like the Nintendo Switch - releasing it on this platform would offer a fairly different gameplay experience via on-the-go gameplay vs. gameplay only in front of a large screen plugged into a wall.

My suspicion is that it's probably cheaper for SE to produce the game as one bundle in one box vs. separate SKUs for each of 1.5+2.5 and 2.8. Added to the holiday season approaching and wanting to cash in before KH3 comes out. These points just make this release seem a bit insincere, especially to existing fans...

I don't quite see why this box is negative or would be insincere. It certainly is not of any interest to people who already have that but if it's just a collection, what's there to complain about? I would get it if people were angry if new content would be released in just that box and they had to pay 70€ for a few more minutes of extra cutscenes. But this will likely be just a box with all titles.

From a business point, it actually makes sense. People who are new to the franchise may be confused what is part of the series with the naming conventions. Some people may even think that 2.8 is not really a necessary. It's also logical to advertise the collection as the full adventure so far where buyers get the whole package and don't have to work their way through the franchise's titles.

We really aren't at any disadvantage if this is just a box with all games. It's not even cash-grabbing because those who bought the games seperately probably won't miss out on anything. It would only be cash-grabbing if they decided to release a Final Mix now as physical copy only.

I don't see anything wrong with wanting to make money as a company. Neither of us are forced to buy this product from what we can deduce so far. Of course we can only wait and see but at this point, I don't see much of a reason to see this negatively. Personally, I couldn't care less about a collection but it's not a bother if they really decided to do it like this...

I'm pretty sure this is literally just a bundle of two discs and nothing more. If you already have the two games, you're fine, this is just saving a pit of shelf space for those who don't.

Of course, Nomura could use this as an excuse for one final piece of artwork before KH3...

I'm pretty sure this is literally just a bundle of two discs and nothing more. If you already have the two games, you're fine, this is just saving a pit of shelf space for those who don't.

Of course, Nomura could use this as an excuse for one final piece of artwork before KH3...

I am personally a very cynical person myself and this is what I think as well, for now. I won't believe or get my hopes up in anything more unless I see it with my own eyes, which is why you might see some amount of indifference in the article as that was my attitude when writing it!

Keep the hype train chuggin' along

Nah, but in all seriousness - I probably won't get this unless it has something extra thrown in with it like they did for the 2.5 HD collector's edition. 

At least an art book or something. If not, I already own all of the games and have no need for this.

I don't quite see why this box is negative or would be insincere. It certainly is not of any interest to people who already have that but if it's just a collection, what's there to complain about? I would get it if people were angry if new content would be released in just that box and they had to pay 70€ for a few more minutes of extra cutscenes. But this will likely be just a box with all titles. From a business point, it actually makes sense. People who are new to the franchise may be confused what is part of the series with the naming conventions. Some people may even think that 2.8 is not really a necessary. It's also logical to advertise the collection as the full adventure so far where buyers get the whole package and don't have to work their way through the franchise's titles. We really aren't at any disadvantage if this is just a box with all games. It's not even cash-grabbing because those who bought the games seperately probably won't miss out on anything. It would only be cash-grabbing if they decided to release a Final Mix now as physical copy only. I don't see anything wrong with wanting to make money as a company. Neither of us are forced to buy this product from what we can deduce so far. Of course we can only wait and see but at this point, I don't see much of a reason to see this negatively. Personally, I couldn't care less about a collection but it's not a bother if they really decided to do it like this...

I see your points and I do agree them, and that no one is forced to buy anything at the end of the day. I just hope it's not an attempt to lure fans to buy the game again, which is the main reason for my concern and thought on the collection being insincere. If the box collection's only intention is to get newcomers to join on the franchise, then yeah, I agree with what you said.

But knowing SE, there will always be some incentive to make existing fans buy the game again, which makes it a bit of a pure money grab. They know that we as fans want KH3 and theyre basically capitalizing on this want, but with re-releasing existing products, for which this idea I find insincere. That being said, this is an assumption that I'm making on SE doing this, as we have no official marketing material for this box release yet, but I wouldn't be surprised if this were to happen.

I see your points and I do agree them, and that no one is forced to buy anything at the end of the day. I just hope it's not an attempt to lure fans to buy the game again, which is the main reason for my concern and thought on the collection being insincere. If the box collection's only intention is to get newcomers to join on the franchise, then yeah, I agree with what you said.

But knowing SE, there will always be some incentive to make existing fans buy the game again, which makes it a bit of a pure money grab. They know that we as fans want KH3 and theyre basically capitalizing on this want, but with re-releasing existing products, for which this idea I find insincere. That being said, this is an assumption that I'm making on SE doing this, as we have no official marketing material for this box release yet, but I wouldn't be surprised if this were to happen.

I understand what you mean and I agree it would be bad if they were to give an incentive to buy essentially the same games again. Like cutscenes, certain additional material, etc. Especially when it's been just over half a year since the PS4 release of 1.5 + 2.5. But if this does turn out to be real, even after it was taken down, I hope it will be just a collection so people won't have to buy the games seperately and make people more aware of the fact that 2.8 is relevant and exists on its own. (Which might not be that obvious to those unfamiliar with the franchise due to the rather odd naming.)

To be honest, I can't blame them for wanting to make money, especially when certain projects took a lot longer to develop but certain practices aren't really fair to the fans. Although at this point, I want to believe this was either some sort of fluke or it's just convenience for those trying to get into the series and to have something appearing on the Christmas market.

But I really do understand your concerns regarding that better now. Thanks for explaining it again.