Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
sorakeyblade999

(Theory) Do Pureblood Heartless evolve?

As far as we know, no, they do not evolve. Shadows, Mega Shadows, Gigas Shadows, and Neoshadows are all different Heartless. They just look very similar, sort of like how Red Nocturnes, Blue Rhapsodys, and Emerald Blues all look very similar.

Emblem Heartless are made from machines, inanimate objects, ect.

Emblem Heartless aren't inanimate objects. Apprentice Xehanort used hearts to make them with his machine. Both Pureblood and Emblem Heartless have hearts deep within them somewhere. And destroying both of them with a Keyblade causes the heart to be liberated.

Edited by Elfdemon_

. Both Pureblood and Emblem Heartless have hearts deep within them somewhere. And destroying both of them with a Keyblade causes the heart to be liberated.

I thought in Days, it was stated that only one of them released hearts? (The DS version, I think I remember someone saying that in the first few missions)

I thought in Days, it was stated that only one of them released hearts? (The DS version, I think I remember someone saying that in the first few missions)

Fool. You're right. Pureblood Heartless are born in the realm of darkness and not from anyone's heart. Emblem Heartless are born when someone's heart is taken by a heartless. The heart that was taken becomes the Emblem Heartless. The body then sometimes becomes a Nobody. Emblem Heartless strength is based on the amount of darkness in a person's heart when they turned into a heartless. 

I wouldn't be surprised if Pureblood Heartless evolve. Those Heartless towers are considered its own category of Heartless, and those were just a bunch of Shadows put together. 

Fool. You're right. Pureblood Heartless are born in the realm of darkness and not from anyone's heart. Emblem Heartless are born when someone's heart is taken by a heartless. The heart that was taken becomes the Emblem Heartless. The body then sometimes becomes a Nobody. Emblem Heartless strength is based on the amount of darkness in a person's heart when they turned into a heartless. 

I wouldn't be surprised if Pureblood Heartless evolve. Those Heartless towers are considered its own category of Heartless, and those were just a bunch of Shadows put together. 

Oh okay!

So before Emblem Heartless were created (by Ansem the Wise), the only way to contact a heartless was for a heart of darkness to draw them near. If a Pure Blood Heartless took a heart, the heart would return to Kingdom Hearts, correct? No heartless and nobody would be made?

That's right! I forgot about the Tower and Tides! Not really an evolution, but it does show that Heartless do work together...sometimes. 

No one says that as far as I'm aware. Maybe you're thinking of this:

Marluxia speaking to Roxas in 358/2 Days: "The rest of us can defeat Heartless, but we have no way of collecting the hearts they release. Eventually, the hearts will return right back into Heartless."

Not true. Pureblood Heartless are the natural Heartless. They are what you turn into when you succumb to the darkness and they are what you can create from the darkness in your heart. They are the darkness from the heart turned sentient (except not really since they can't feel things and only act on instinct lol). When you destroy a Pureblood Heartless, the heart within them isn't visibly/physically released, but it is definitely freed. The freed heart will eventually end up turning back into a Heartless. When a Pureblood Heartless is destroyed by a Keyblade, then it's freed for good. It goes into a sort of limbo state and waits for the corresponding Nobody to be destroyed so that it can combine back with the body and recomplete the original person. If the person has no corresponding Nobody, then all you have to do to recomplete them is destroy their Heartless (with a Keyblade) since their body is already waiting in the limbo state.

Emblem Heartless were created by a machine constructed by Apprentice Xehanort. It uses real hearts and replicates how a heart succumbs to darkness. The process is obviously different though since it is done by science and a machine. When they are destroyed, the corrupted heart that's freed will end up turning back into a Heartless, just like the Pureblood Heartless. Except the hearts are visibly freed. When Emblem Heartless are destroyed by a Keyblade, the heart is freed for good and goes into the aforementioned limbo state and waits for the Nobody counterpart to be destroyed, just like the Pureblood Heartless. If there is no Nobody counterpart, then all you need to do to recomplete the original person is to destroy the Heartless with a Keyblade. Them being destroyed by a Keyblade also allows Organization XIII to be able to collect the hearts before they get a chance to recomplete.

Oh, and another way to become a Heartless is being devoured by one. If your heart is devoured by a Pureblood Heartless, then you will become a Pureblood Heartless and if your heart is devoured by an Emblem Heartless, then you will become an Emblem Heartless.

Sources:

Sora becomes a Pureblood Heartless (Shadow), Xehanort becomes a Pureblood Heartless (Robed Figure), several Keyblade wielders in the Age of Fairy Tales become Pureblood Heartless (Darklings), etc.

Ansem's Report 4: I believe the Heartless are taking hearts. They are born from those who've lost their hearts, and thrive on hearts seized from others. The hearts taken by the Heartless become Heartless themselves.

Ansem's Report 8: There is no doubt that the Heartless are deeply connected to the people's hearts. Further study may unravel both their motivations and the mysteries shrouding the heart.

As a start, I have built a device that artificially creates Heartless. By recreating the conditions that spawn the Heartless naturally, I should be able to produce them artificially. This device is the culmination of all my research thus far. The machine's test run successfully created a Heartless.

This may be a step toward creating a heart from nothing. The artificially and naturally created Heartless showed nearly identical traits. But the two types remain distinct for the purpose of the experiment. So, I will mark the ones that are created artificially.

Ansem's Report 10: Yes that's it. The Heartless come from people's hearts, as does the darkness.

Ansem's Report 5: The six traitors were operating a laboratory that churned out those cursed shadows.

Not only did they generate "pureblood" Heartless from living hearts, but they then used those Heartless to synthesize artificial versions of the creatures as well.

These synthetic Heartless bore insignias and were called "Emblems."

Pureblood or Emblem, these Heartless act only to fulfill their instinctive needs. They single-mindedly detect hearts and swarm around them.

A human's commands would be ineffective: the Heartless would easily steal the human's heart and use it to increase their own ranks.

Marluxia speaking to Roxas in 358/2 Days: "The rest of us can defeat Heartless, but we have no way of collecting the hearts they release. Eventually, the hearts will return right back into Heartless."

Kingdom Hearts Memorial Ultimania: One without a heart is darkness born from the recurring darkness. The embodiment of the darkness in one’s heart which appears when a person’s heart is lost to darkness. They have no knowledge or will, they simply run on dark instinct and go after the Hearts of Worlds as well as try to steal hearts from those with them in order to become greater in numbers.

There are various kinds of Heartless, but they are generally categorized in two main types; those who appear naturally are known as “Pure Blood”, and approximately 10 years before KH1, during an experiment Xehanort (Seeker of Darkness Ansem) birthed the “Emblem” Heartless. Heartless began appearing in greater numbers in the Realm of Light due to Ansem’s interference, and when he was defeated in KH1 it helped keep the numbers down, however as long as darkness exists within people’s hearts, there will always be Heartless.

Kingdom Hearts Memorial Ultimania:

Pure Blood

These Heartless come into existence naturally. If they are defeated with a Keyblade, the heart will be liberated. Many of the Heartless in the world are these.

Emblem

Xehanort and the other apprentices of Ansem created these Heartless through experiments of causing darkness within hearts. As proof of their dissension from Xehanort, they all include the “X” shape forged into their emblems.

Kingdom Hearts Memorial Ultimania: If a heart is liberated from the Heartless and a Nobody is destroyed, the human form will be restored.

Edited by Elfdemon_

No one says that as far as I'm aware. Maybe you're thinking of this:

Not true. Pureblood Heartless are the natural Heartless. They are what you turn into when you succumb to the darkness and they are what you can create from the darkness in your heart. They are the darkness from the heart turned sentient (except not really since they can't feel things and only act on instinct lol). When you destroy a Pureblood Heartless, the heart within them isn't visibly/physically released, but it is definitely freed. The freed heart will eventually end up turning back into a Heartless. When a Pureblood Heartless is destroyed by a Keyblade, then it's freed for good. It goes into a sort of limbo state and waits for the corresponding Nobody to be destroyed so that it can combine back with the body and recomplete the original person. If the person has no corresponding Nobody, then all you have to do to recomplete them is destroy their Heartless (with a Keyblade) since their body is already waiting in the limbo state.

Emblem Heartless were created by a machine constructed by Apprentice Xehanort. It uses real hearts and replicates how a heart succumbs to darkness. The process is obviously different though since it is done by science and a machine. When they are destroyed, the corrupted heart that's freed will end up turning back into a Heartless, just like the Pureblood Heartless. Except the hearts are visibly freed. When Emblem Heartless are destroyed by a Keyblade, the heart is freed for good and goes into the aforementioned limbo state and waits for the Nobody counterpart to be destroyed, just like the Pureblood Heartless. If there is no Nobody counterpart, then all you need to do to recomplete the original person is to destroy the Heartless with a Keyblade. Them being destroyed by a Keyblade also allows Organization XIII to be able to collect the hearts before they get a chance to recomplete.

Oh, and another way to become a Heartless is being devoured by one. If your heart is devoured by a Pureblood Heartless, then you will become a Pureblood Heartless and if your heart is devoured by an Emblem Heartless, then you will become an Emblem Heartless.

Sources:

Sora becomes a Pureblood Heartless (Shadow), Xehanort becomes a Pureblood Heartless (Robed Figure), several Keyblade wielders in the Age of Fairy Tales become Pureblood Heartless (Darklings), etc.

Ansem's Report 4: I believe the Heartless are taking hearts. They are born from those who've lost their hearts, and thrive on hearts seized from others. The hearts taken by the Heartless become Heartless themselves.

Ansem's Report 8: There is no doubt that the Heartless are deeply connected to the people's hearts. Further study may unravel both their motivations and the mysteries shrouding the heart.

As a start, I have built a device that artificially creates Heartless. By recreating the conditions that spawn the Heartless naturally, I should be able to produce them artificially. This device is the culmination of all my research thus far. The machine's test run successfully created a Heartless.

This may be a step toward creating a heart from nothing. The artificially and naturally created Heartless showed nearly identical traits. But the two types remain distinct for the purpose of the experiment. So, I will mark the ones that are created artificially.

Ansem's Report 10: Yes that's it. The Heartless come from people's hearts, as does the darkness.

Ansem's Report 5: The six traitors were operating a laboratory that churned out those cursed shadows.

Not only did they generate "pureblood" Heartless from living hearts, but they then used those Heartless to synthesize artificial versions of the creatures as well.

These synthetic Heartless bore insignias and were called "Emblems."

Pureblood or Emblem, these Heartless act only to fulfill their instinctive needs. They single-mindedly detect hearts and swarm around them.

A human's commands would be ineffective: the Heartless would easily steal the human's heart and use it to increase their own ranks.

Kingdom Hearts Memorial Ultimania: One without a heart is darkness born from the recurring darkness. The embodiment of the darkness in one’s heart which appears when a person’s heart is lost to darkness. They have no knowledge or will, they simply run on dark instinct and go after the Hearts of Worlds as well as try to steal hearts from those with them in order to become greater in numbers.

There are various kinds of Heartless, but they are generally categorized in two main types; those who appear naturally are known as “Pure Blood”, and approximately 10 years before KH1, during an experiment Xehanort (Seeker of Darkness Ansem) birthed the “Emblem” Heartless. Heartless began appearing in greater numbers in the Realm of Light due to Ansem’s interference, and when he was defeated in KH1 it helped keep the numbers down, however as long as darkness exists within people’s hearts, there will always be Heartless.

Pure Blood

These Heartless come into existence naturally. If they are defeated with a Keyblade, the heart will be liberated. Many of the Heartless in the world are these.

Emblem

Xehanort and the other apprentices of Ansem created these Heartless through experiments of causing darkness within hearts. As proof of their dissension from Xehanort, they all include the “X” shape forged into their emblems.

Kingdom Hearts Memorial Ultimania: If a heart is liberated from the Heartless and a Nobody is destroyed, the human form will be restored.

Sometimes, you gotta wonder why nobody has tried to stop those heartless making machines if they're such a big problem. I'm gonna assume that there's some protection on it or something. Either way, I just learned a crap ton! Still, I'd like to think they evolve. Too many of them have too similar appearance, mannerisms to actually be born separate. I'm just happy to get people thinking this way, since we probably won't get an answer.

On a non-related note. Does it bother anyone else that Sora became a Shadow? You'd think it'd be something stronger...

Sometimes, you gotta wonder why nobody has tried to stop those heartless making machines if they're such a big problem. I'm gonna assume that there's some protection on it or something.

The machine isn't running anymore. They just created a massive amount of Heartless when it was running back in the day. And Emblem Heartless can multiply by devouring people's hearts, the same way Pureblood Heartless can, which would also help explain why there's so many.

On a non-related note. Does it bother anyone else that Sora became a Shadow? You'd think it'd be something stronger...

It's because of how little darkness he has in his heart. If he became a Heartless in current-day, I'm sure his Heartless would be much stronger since how much he succumbed to darkness in Dream Drop Distance thanks to the Seekers of Darkness pulling him further and further into sleep.

The machine isn't running anymore. They just created a massive amount of Heartless when it was running back in the day. And Emblem Heartless can multiply by devouring people's hearts, the same way Pureblood Heartless can, which would also help explain why there's so many.

It's because of how little darkness he has in his heart. If he became a Heartless in current-day, I'm sure his Heartless would be much stronger since how much he succumbed to darkness in Dream Drop Distance thanks to the Seekers of Darkness pulling him further and further into sleep.

Yeah, and the more the Heartless looks like the Somebody, the darker the heart (Ansem, Scar).

Yeah, and the more the Heartless looks like the Somebody, the darker the heart (Ansem, Scar).

Xehanort's Heartless actually doesn't really look like Xehanort at all. Xehanort's Heartless is the brown Robed Figure. He was later able to gain a body using Riku's body though. He possessed Riku and sort of molded/shaped Riku's body into one that's more to his likeness.

So, it's unknown why Scar's Heartless pretty much kept Scar's exact shape and form. It's a pretty weird and rare case.

Pureblood Heartless are natural heartless created either from masses of darkness or when another pureblood heartless consumes a heart, in which they draw out the darkness in the person's heart to form another one of themselves. They do not release hearts like Emblem Heartless do even if they were formed by consuming a heart because they destroy the heart when they do so. Emblem heartless are artificial heartless which are born of a machine and when they consume a heart they fail to do so entirely, they simply swallow the heart in darkness but don't destroy the heart itself in the process, thus they release hearts when destroyed, forming another Emblem heartless of the same type when they consume a heart. For instance, a Large Body Emblem heartless forms another Large Body Emblem heartless when it consumes a heart, while a Shadow Heartless will form another Shadow Heartless,

As for whether Purebloods evolve, that's a bit tricky. I think we've seen it before but I don't recall any specific instances right now. I think we've had heartless eat up darkness and change to another form before, but don't quote me on that.

Hmm, this is a very interesting theory! It would explain the similarities between many of the Pureblood Heartless! I've always thought of the Neoshadow as the more refined version of the Shadow Heartless, and thinking of it as an evolved form would definitely make sense! Cuz after all, just because Heartless are dark beings doesn't mean that they can't grow, ya know?

Pureblood Heartless are natural heartless created either from masses of darkness or when another pureblood heartless consumes a heart, in which they draw out the darkness in the person's heart to form another one of themselves. They do not release hearts like Emblem Heartless do even if they were formed by consuming a heart because they destroy the heart when they do so. Emblem heartless are artificial heartless which are born of a machine and when they consume a heart they fail to do so entirely, they simply swallow the heart in darkness but don't destroy the heart itself in the process, thus they release hearts when destroyed, forming another Emblem heartless of the same type when they consume a heart. For instance, a Large Body Emblem heartless forms another Large Body Emblem heartless when it consumes a heart, while a Shadow Heartless will form another Shadow Heartless,

As for whether Purebloods evolve, that's a bit tricky. I think we've seen it before but I don't recall any specific instances right now. I think we've had heartless eat up darkness and change to another form before, but don't quote me on that.

Pureblood Heartless are not created from masses of darkness. They're created when someone succumbs to the darkness or loses their heart or when another Pureblood Heartless devours someone else's heart. They do release hearts, just not visibly. The only major difference between a Pureblood and and Emblem Heartless is the way they're created. Pureblood Heartless are created when someone naturally succumbs to the darkness or loses their heart, and Emblem Heartless are created when a machine created by Apprentice Xehanort artificially causes a heart to succumb to the darkness. Emblem Heartless devouring someone else's heart creates another Emblem Heartless. But, it's never been confirmed that it will turn into the same Emblem Heartless as the one that devoured it.

Pureblood Heartless are not created from masses of darkness. They're created when someone succumbs to the darkness or loses their heart or when another Pureblood Heartless devours someone else's heart. They do release hearts, just not visibly. The only major difference between a Pureblood and and Emblem Heartless is the way they're created. Pureblood Heartless are created when someone naturally succumbs to the darkness or loses their heart, and Emblem Heartless are created when a machine created by Apprentice Xehanort artificially causes a heart to succumb to the darkness. Emblem Heartless devouring someone else's heart creates another Emblem Heartless. But, it's never been confirmed that it will turn into the same Emblem Heartless as the one that devoured it.

A heart does not even need to be in the equation for a pureblood heartless to exist, that's why places deep in darkness that aren't even inhabited are filled with them like the Realm of Darkness. Pureblood heartless do not release hearts even invisibly because they never had them in the first place. They are formed either out of the darkness or when a heart is obliterated by the darkness, they don't have hearts to release.

A heart does not even need to be in the equation for a pureblood heartless to exist, that's why places deep in darkness that aren't even inhabited are filled with them like the Realm of Darkness. Pureblood heartless do not release hearts even invisibly because they never had them in the first place. They are formed either out of the darkness or when a heart is obliterated by the darkness, they don't have hearts to release.

A heart does need to be in the equation for a Pureblood Heartless to exist. Pureblood Heartless are literally corrupted hearts. When someone succumbs to the darkness/loses their heart, the darkness within their heart comes out and devours it. That's what a Pureblood Heartless is. It's unknown why there are tons of Pureblood Heartless in the Realm of Darkness, but I'd say it's most likely simply because they are attracted to darkness. They are born in the Realm of Light when someone loses their heart and then probably use Corridors of Darkness to teleport to the Realm of Darkness.

I have provided sources and proof for all of my claims in a comment I made above.

Edited by Elfdemon_