Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
ReverofE

Unpopular Opinions About Chain of Memories

Gotta love that Firaga spam.

I would've loved Re:COM more if the cards weren't so annoying at first. As it is, I liked everything about COM except the gameplay. I also think it has the best story in the series.

The card system saved that game. Otherwise it would have been a repeat of Kingdom Hearts.

So I take it you weren't a big fan of the story lol. 

The lipsyncing is perfect.

I like your enthusiasm lol. Though I can't tell if you are being sarcastic or serious.

I am always happy to see that there's a big number of Kingdom Hearts fans that love Chain Of Memories as I do! I mean, seriously, I never got why the game got so much hate when it offered an intriguing story that set the events for Kingdom Hearts II, and in addition to that, this is the first Kingdom Hearts game in which we got to play as Riku! That, and the fact that the card system actually made you think about how you were to beat your opponent and strategize, as opposed to just hacking and slashing! What I didn't appreciate much is that the rooms for the card-worlds were bland, but other than that minor nitpick, I loved this game!

Also, Marluxia, one of my favorite villains of the series, and favorite Organization member, shines like a literal boss in this game! :D

i absolutely adore CoM and i think it has one of the most compelling stories in KH! the organization XIII storyline is one of my overall favorite aspects of the kh series and i think it's better that they didn't leave us hanging on what happened during the year between kh1 and 2 - in fact, because CoM happened, they ended up elaborating upon this portion of the story even more through days, wherein we actually get to experience what it's like from the organization's side! even if you don't care for these games, it can't be denied that the organization plays a very vital role in the story and i think they deserved to get some time in the spotlight just as much as any of the main charas did - ultimately i think it was a good decision to make the game, because it's thanks to that that we really know as much as we do about the org. at this point

idk, i feel that many people have the mindset that charas outside the main trios aren't as important/are insignificant to the plot, but just because they aren't focused on as much or because you personally don't care about them doesn't mean that they don't have importance to the main story, and that there aren't other people who want them to be explored more! 

in terms of gameplay, i honestly like the card system a lot!! kh has been shown to experiment with various different gameplay mechanics throughout the series and i think it puts a lot of people off, but personally doesn't bother me much

Edited by kainamixi

i absolutely adore CoM and i think it has one of the most compelling stories in KH! the organization XIII storyline is one of my overall favorite aspects of the kh series and i think it's better that they didn't leave us hanging on what happened during the year between kh1 and 2 - in fact, because CoM happened, they ended up elaborating upon this portion of the story even more through days, wherein we actually get to experience what it's like from the organization's side! even if you don't care for these games, it can't be denied that the organization plays a very vital role in the story and i think they deserved to get some time in the spotlight just as much as any of the main charas did - ultimately i think it was a good decision to make the game, because it's thanks to that that we really know as much as we do about the org. at this point

idk, i feel that many people have the mindset that charas outside the main trios aren't as important/are insignificant to the plot, but just because they aren't focused on as much or because you personally don't care about them doesn't mean that they don't have importance to the main story, and that there aren't other people who want them to be explored more! 

in terms of gameplay, i honestly like the card system a lot!! kh has been shown to experiment with various different gameplay mechanics throughout the series and i think it puts a lot of people off, but personally doesn't bother me much

Well said, friend! And welcome to the forums! I see that this is your first post!

But yes, I agree with what you just said! The game was great in the sense that it offered character development to the Organization, and it added more context and filled in the gaps with what happened between KHI and II! Days was also an amazing game, and overall, they add a lot to the story, ya know?

And yes, the card system is awesome, and I find that Nomura's willingness to try different gameplay styles with each installment makes the series as versatile and popular as it is! :D