Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
The Transcendent Key

Feeling Down? Something On Your Mind? Key's Member Help Thread!

I don't know man, i've been a little dissapointed on myself. I still argue for the dumbest of things, people still don't trust me, I just feel that I'll never change for good. Especially though the course of the year I was very vocal about my past wrong doings all I wanted was those things back, seems that I'll never change, people will still me like a psychopathic person, I just want people to trust on me again, without assuming "i'll stab them on the back"...

I don't know man, i've been a little dissapointed on myself. I still argue for the dumbest of things, people still don't trust me, I just feel that I'll never change for good. Especially though the course of the year I was very vocal about my past wrong doings all I wanted was those things back, seems that I'll never change, people will still me like a psychopathic person, I just want people to trust on me again, without assuming "i'll stab them on the back"...

Well, if you want to earn people's trust, you have to start with trusting yourself. Because the worst enemy that one can face is within each and every one of us. I know it sounds cliche, but think about it! Who brings us down more than anyone else? Ourselves! That's why you have to take the initiative and take a look at your life, and tell yourself that you'll change things for the better! Don't fear how the world will see you, what you must always remember is to see yourself as who you want to be. Because, as Dean, a character from an animated film that's a classic, The Iron Giant, said:  "You are who you choose to be." In other words, you choose who you want to be. If you choose to believe that you won't gain anyone's trust and that people will always see you as a psychopatic person, then that's what you'll be. But if you take heart and swell up your determination, you can change into someone that you can be proud of! Remember, the biggest changes start from within! I'm sure you'll figure it out, you seem to be pretty adept at adapting to situations, so I'm sure you'll be able to overcome your obstacles! God bless! :)

So the Friendly Neighborhood Webhead now has an ad out for psychological help. Nice! xD Anyway, this is nice of you... ya know? (oh geez, I'm now using your catchphrase now...XS)

Lol, haha, that's funny! But actually, Youtube account aside, this isn't a promotion for my channel, just a thread I wanted to make here to help people however I can. ^w^

Mowahahahahaha, yes, the catchphrase is contagious! B)

I seriously hate my life right now. I’ve learned I can’t count on anyone but now my whole happiness rests in another person’s hands...

Well, if your happiness rests on another person's hands, then that means it's because to some degree, you trust that person to do right by you, and if that's the case, then take the next step and ensure your happiness. Because happiness is a fragment, a fleeting moment in one's life at times in a world full of sorrow and sadness. But with happiness, you can be able to keep away the darkness and emptiness that one sometimes feels. And yes, people can sometimes make us lose our faith in humanity overall, but remember that there are always people willing to reach out and extend their hand in kindness and friendship. Take solace in that, and if this person that holds your happiness is someone that you can trust, then you're in the right direction. But remember that you are in charge of what your happiness is, so never forget that! :)

Hmm. Well I'm currently a Junior in High School and I should be looking into colleges along with my future and trying to get my driver's license, but I've found that I just don't have the drive to do it despite it being important. For pretty much all of High School I've been like this plus also feeling pretty not good, and just not feeling anything in general (I find that I'm just not happy and I can't really enjoy life). Ever since this has happened I've also found it hard to truly enjoy many things I once did. (I haven't really enjoyed a book, I can't be fully emotional invested in a game, and despite loving art and wishing to be an animator in the future, I haven't really drawn anything in a long time) This has also caused me to have trouble sleeping, and also affects my focus whenever I do homework. (I end up procrastinating more then I should) Instead of trying to do more productive things, I find that I tend to be more focused on playing video games or being on the computer. (YouTube). I've asked myself why I do this and why I'm like this, to which I then realize that it's too distract myself from my own mind. I have a lot of time to myself, more than I would like to, and I've come to know that it can be a bad thing as it always results in me just delving deep into my thoughts and problems to which no good comes out of that. I haven't really told my family about this (though my brother deduced that I don't have the drive to do certain things, he doesn't know the rest.) since I know that they wouldn't really understand, and I also know that there wouldn't really be anything that they can do to help. (When I've tried to tell some close friends bits of it, I find that they still don't understand as well) Although I haven't told them yet, if/when I get over this, I will. The reason for thinking that my family wouldn't be able to help me with this is because, to me, there is really only one way that could fix all of this: by being in a relationship. For all of high school so far, I've liked two girls. The first was during freshman year and the last two years of middle school. I've tried to tell her how I felt and ask her out, but in the end, I reluctantly had to move on. (In the process during that year, I lost myself a bit) That's where I started liking the second girl at the end of freshmen year. (from various instances of freshmen year, it seemed as if she liked me) I'm a junior now. From being told from friends and from inferences from myself, I know that she most likely doesn't have feelings for me. Despite knowing this, I find that I still like her. I still feel happy, if only for a moment, whenever I see or talk to her. From other instances of this year and sophomore year, I've tried to move on or ignore my feelings multiple times, yet I just can't get over her.(By the end of sophomore year, I wanted to tell her how I truly felt, yet was unable to and I constantly beat myself up over it. For all of that summer, I found that I was constantly thinking about her whether I wanted to or not. She appeared in my dreams more frequently than anyone else besides me, and whenever I would be somewhere, I just couldn't help but imagine what it would be like if I was there with her) (There was also a time this year where after saying Hi to her, my close friend jokingly said that she hated me. Even though it was a joke, for the rest of the day until lunch, I just felt terrible and tried my best not to cry and maintain a stoic demeanor. It wasn't until I got a something that said it was from her that I felt better, but It wasn't really her that did it I later found out.) I just don't really know what to do. I don't know If I'll ever be able to continue and advance on in life and in my future without this. I ask myself what is my drive for continuing on If I can't focus on my future, and I then realize that it's to see and talk to her. I also just don't think that/know if I would be able to take hearing from herself that she doesn't like me. 

I apologize for all of this text, but I feel that I can't explain this without the full picture. 

Writing this out was hard for me, but I feel that I could use some advice right now.

Hmm. Well I'm currently a Junior in High School and I should be looking into colleges along with my future and trying to get my driver's license, but I've found that I just don't have the drive to do it despite it being important. For pretty much all of High School I've been like this plus also feeling pretty not good, and just not feeling anything in general (I find that I'm just not happy and I can't really enjoy life). Ever since this has happened I've also found it hard to truly enjoy many things I once did. (I haven't really enjoyed a book, I can't be fully emotional invested in a game, and despite loving art and wishing to be an animator in the future, I haven't really drawn anything in a long time) This has also caused me to have trouble sleeping, and also affects my focus whenever I do homework. (I end up procrastinating more then I should) Instead of trying to do more productive things, I find that I tend to be more focused on playing video games or being on the computer. (YouTube). I've asked myself why I do this and why I'm like this, to which I then realize that it's too distract myself from my own mind. I have a lot of time to myself, more than I would like to, and I've come to know that it can be a bad thing as it always results in me just delving deep into my thoughts and problems to which no good comes out of that. I haven't really told my family about this (though my brother deduced that I don't have the drive to do certain things, he doesn't know the rest.) since I know that they wouldn't really understand, and I also know that there wouldn't really be anything that they can do to help. (When I've tried to tell some close friends bits of it, I find that they still don't understand as well) Although I haven't told them yet, if/when I get over this, I will. The reason for thinking that my family wouldn't be able to help me with this is because, to me, there is really only one way that could fix all of this: by being in a relationship. For all of high school so far, I've liked two girls. The first was during freshman year and the last two years of middle school. I've tried to tell her how I felt and ask her out, but in the end, I reluctantly had to move on. (In the process during that year, I lost myself a bit) That's where I started liking the second girl at the end of freshmen year. (from various instances of freshmen year, it seemed as if she liked me) I'm a junior now. From being told from friends and from inferences from myself, I know that she most likely doesn't have feelings for me. Despite knowing this, I find that I still like her. I still feel happy, if only for a moment, whenever I see or talk to her. From other instances of this year and sophomore year, I've tried to move on or ignore my feelings multiple times, yet I just can't get over her.(By the end of sophomore year, I wanted to tell her how I truly felt, yet was unable to and I constantly beat myself up over it. For all of that summer, I found that I was constantly thinking about her whether I wanted to or not. She appeared in my dreams more frequently than anyone else besides me, and whenever I would be somewhere, I just couldn't help but imagine what it would be like if I was there with her) (There was also a time this year where after saying Hi to her, my close friend jokingly said that she hated me. Even though it was a joke, for the rest of the day until lunch, I just felt terrible and tried my best not to cry and maintain a stoic demeanor. It wasn't until I got a something that said it was from her that I felt better, but It wasn't really her that did it I later found out.) I just don't really know what to do. I don't know If I'll ever be able to continue and advance on in life and in my future without this. I ask myself what is my drive for continuing on If I can't focus on my future, and I then realize that it's to see and talk to her. I also just don't think that/know if I would be able to take hearing from herself that she doesn't like me. 

I apologize for all of this text, but I feel that I can't explain this without the full picture. 

Writing this out was hard for me, but I feel that I could use some advice right now.

Hey umm...I don't mean to steal your thunder Key but this guy sounds literally just like me, all too similar.

I am shocked at how similar this is to how I was in high school. I liked this girl the last two years of middle school and freshman year, she rejected me multiple times but nobody ever liked to do it face to face which I hated and continued forward until I realized how much of a jerk that made me seem. My friends kind of tried to help me out with that, they teased me about her and stuff, they told me she liked me then she didn't but I never believed them. You say you want to be an animator?! That's me, I'm going for animation, none of my friends understood that or felt the same interest so I never really talked about it with them. My best friend moved the summer after freshman year so I was kind of left alone for the rest of high school, we did everything together, I had to cling to some other friends through classes and I also played soccer a little bit (If it wasn't for that I probably wouldn't have had any friends). I never could get addicted to a game really...apps maybe, I played those at lunch time so I didn't seem nervous. My parents didn't understand my art dream really, still don't, I have big goals and I know they're hard to believe but I don't care how impossible they may seem. I never did "home" work really, I just did it at school, home was my time to relax more or less. I would get done what I need to get done then around 6 until I went to bed I just played around on the computer. Skip to the beginning of sophmore year I started playing Minecraft and joined a server, they all had Skype and I started talking to some people, made friends through that, one girl I started to like and then she actually confessed to me (surprising). It was an online relationship...a lot of drama happened all these people got involved and we lasted about 2 weeks or so. Long distance was easier but also harder, I ended up cutting all ties with people on Skype before it got really bad. I didn't really like anybody else or actually pursued them until Senior year, though I wanted to. Junior year was probably my hardest year, depression hit and kind of seeped into my senior year a little. Senior year...was disappointing, it wasn't that much fun, I went to homecoming, it was boring, skipped Prom because it was on a boat? and I had no date. That summer I started talking to a girl on kik and I liked her but she lived kind of far...once again long distance so I kind of brushed it off. Around November of senior year though I fell for another girl. We sat in the same group at lunch (funny how you mentioned lunch drama) I kind of found out what I could about her without actually talking to her, I asked other people, I added her on Twitter and stuff then I decided to confess to her. How was I going to do that with all these people around my lunch group and we didn't have any classes together at the time?...Once again online. I slid in her DMs  :lol: lol. She said she wasn't looking for a relationship so I asked if we could be close friends then "sure". The next day like 3 of her friends followed me so I messaged them. "Did she send you to keep tabs on me?" "Yep" "Why?" They wouldn't tell me. I thought I thought of every possibility, I sat extra close to her at lunch...not a word...she said nothing and if you think I was going to break the ice you are sadly mistaken, she straight up ignored me for the rest of our days, I eventually even yelled out to her, still straight up ignored me. I quit on her and got really paranoid, couldn't sleep, didn't feel like anything, I didn't like my life anymore but I knew better than to just throw it away. However at the time I was talking to that someone on kik, we were just friends and I told her what's up because I was really depressed, she kind of made things better (as well as sitting in my room listening to heartbreak music half the day to get over my mood). She said she was going to confess to somebody too, so she did and she texted me back not long after and said "Hey". I said "Oh...shoot" (sugar coat that) she said "Yeah oh shoot!!!" She got rejected too. Look at us rejects sitting together just barely getting by then I started noticing she was talking to me more and more, saying things completely random until one day I figured her out and asked her about it "I'm not guilty" she said. Alright I let it slide. Not long after she tries to pull this "Can I say I love you?" then explained she tells all her friends that...she didn't. I immediately made her spill that she liked me. We slowly started dating and I graduated...here I am now, in college, soon to move out going far away not just to see this girl but to pursue my animation dream.

That's my experience and I hope you can see how we relate. I just want to say that high school is such a pain in the arse, and you're not alone (I thought I was alone until now tbh) I can say that being in a relationship does make it better (otherwise my life would seem pathetic rn in this stupid town) And you have to realize what you've learned about love. I thought I knew everything after my first relationship, I knew not to try and be anyone other than myself, not to be too jealous of others, then after 2 years I just came to learn what paranoia is and that I can't predict every possibility, then and only then did I get into a really good relationship. You just have to keep trying, don't let people put down your dreams like with art and such. I took about every art class there was in high school and still wasn't satisfied because this is not the place to learn art, everyone is an engineer or some more hands-on thing, but I have to take what I can get for now and wait for the future which is hard to be patient but I know it will be worth it in time. You have a reason to go on but you just don't know it yet. Just get by with high school for now and figure it out from there and ask yourself "What makes you happy?" Learning to drive sucks because you have people monitoring you, and telling you what to do, no freedom whatsoever, I only found out that I like driving when I went somewhere that I actually wanted to, in my car alone or with someone that I want. It takes courage and strength to move on after taking a blow from a rejection or whatnot, face to face or not. If they don't do it then that's their loss, they're the one that's afraid to actually do it, no matter how hard I tried I couldn't get a straight answer whether they liked me or not so I just left it alone, if she likes you and you put in your part and your effort to tell her then she'll come after you.

If you ever need help feel free to message me and I don't mean to be nosy but I'd really like to know what happens.

Edited by DaxtotheMax

Hey umm...I don't mean to steal your thunder Key but this guy sounds literally just like me, all too similar.

I am shocked at how similar this is to how I was in high school. I liked this girl the last two years of middle school and freshman year, she rejected me multiple times but nobody ever liked to do it face to face which I hated and continued forward until I realized how much of a jerk that made me seem. My friends kind of tried to help me out with that, they teased me about her and stuff, they told me she liked me then she didn't but I never believed them. You say you want to be an animator?! That's me, I'm going for animation, none of my friends understood that or felt the same interest so I never really talked about it with them. My best friend moved the summer after freshman year so I was kind of left alone for the rest of high school, we did everything together, I had to cling to some other friends through classes and I also played soccer a little bit (If it wasn't for that I probably wouldn't have had any friends). I never could get addicted to a game really...apps maybe, I played those at lunch time so I didn't seem nervous. My parents didn't understand my art dream really, still don't, I have big goals and I know they're hard to believe but I don't care how impossible they may seem. I never did "home" work really, I just did it at school, home was my time to relax more or less. I would get done what I need to get done then around 6 until I went to bed I just played around on the computer. Skip to the beginning of sophmore year I started playing Minecraft and joined a server, they all had Skype and I started talking to some people, made friends through that, one girl I started to like and then she actually confessed to me (surprising). It was an online relationship...a lot of drama happened all these people got involved and we lasted about 2 weeks or so. Long distance was easier but also harder, I ended up cutting all ties with people on Skype before it got really bad. I didn't really like anybody else or actually pursued them until Senior year, though I wanted to. Junior year was probably my hardest year, depression hit and kind of seeped into my senior year a little. Senior year...was disappointing, it wasn't that much fun, I went to homecoming, it was boring, skipped Prom because it was on a boat? and I had no date. That summer I started talking to a girl on kik and I liked her but she lived kind of far...once again long distance so I kind of brushed it off. Around November of senior year though I fell for another girl. We sat in the same group at lunch (funny how you mentioned lunch drama) I kind of found out what I could about her without actually talking to her, I asked other people, I added her on Twitter and stuff then I decided to confess to her. How was I going to do that with all these people around my lunch group and we didn't have any classes together at the time?...Once again online. I slid in her DMs  :lol: lol. She said she wasn't looking for a relationship so I asked if we could be close friends then "sure". The next day like 3 of her friends followed me so I messaged them. "Did she send you to keep tabs on me?" "Yep" "Why?" They wouldn't tell me. I thought I thought of every possibility, I sat extra close to her at lunch...not a word...she said nothing and if you think I was going to break the ice you are sadly mistaken, she straight up ignored me for the rest of our days, I eventually even yelled out to her, still straight up ignored me. I quit on her and got really paranoid, couldn't sleep, didn't feel like anything, I didn't like my life anymore but I knew better than to just throw it away. However at the time I was talking to that someone on kik, we were just friends and I told her what's up because I was really depressed, she kind of made things better (as well as sitting in my room listening to heartbreak music half the day to get over my mood). She said she was going to confess to somebody too, so she did and she texted me back not long after and said "Hey". I said "Oh...shoot" (sugar coat that) she said "Yeah oh shoot!!!" She got rejected too. Look at us rejects sitting together just barely getting by then I started noticing she was talking to me more and more, saying things completely random until one day I figured her out and asked her about it "I'm not guilty" she said. Alright I let it slide. Not long after she tries to pull this "Can I say I love you?" then explained she tells all her friends that...she didn't. I immediately made her spill that she liked me. We slowly started dating and I graduated...here I am now, in college, soon to move out going far away not just to see this girl but to pursue my animation dream.

That's my experience and I hope you can see how we relate. I just want to say that high school is such a pain in the arse, and you're not alone (I thought I was alone until now tbh) I can say that being in a relationship does make it better (otherwise my life would seem pathetic rn in this stupid town) And you have to realize what you've learned about love. I thought I knew everything after my first relationship, I knew not to try and be anyone other than myself, not to be too jealous of others, then after 2 years I just came to learn what paranoia is and that I can't predict every possibility, then and only then did I get into a really good relationship. You just have to keep trying, don't let people put down your dreams like with art and such. I took about every art class there was in high school and still wasn't satisfied because this is not the place to learn art, everyone is an engineer or some more hands-on thing, but I have to take what I can get for now and wait for the future which is hard to be patient but I know it will be worth it in time. You have a reason to go on but you just don't know it yet. Just get by with high school for now and figure it out from there and ask yourself "What makes you happy?" Learning to drive sucks because you have people monitoring you, and telling you what to do, no freedom whatsoever, I only found out that I like driving when I went somewhere that I actually wanted to, in my car alone or with someone that I want. It takes courage and strength to move on after taking a blow from a rejection or whatnot, face to face or not. If they don't do it then that's their loss, they're the one that's afraid to actually do it, no matter how hard I tried I couldn't get a straight answer whether they liked me or not so I just left it alone, if she likes you and you put in your part and your effort to tell her then she'll come after you.

If you ever need help feel free to message me and I don't mean to be nosy but I'd really like to know what happens.

No prob Dax, remember, I made this thread so that not only I, but all of us can be able to help each other out and give each other helpful advice! :)

Well then, what I can tell you two is that life can sometimes really throw lots of twists and turns that we don't expect, and oftentimes don't like! We don't choose why things happen to us, they just do. Oftentimes, we wrestle with ourselves and our doubts and inner demons, and at the end of the day, sometimes one wonders just what is it that keeps driving us forward? I feel for you two, because I know that it can't be easy, especially when everything seems to pin you down. But also take in mind that while relationships can be wonderful, they aren't everything. One can be able to live with or without a significant other. It all depends on the situation one is currently facing. But having someone by one's side definitely is a big help, as when we are in our darkest and in our most lowest, that significant other can be able to help us remember why we keep fighting in the first place, ya know? So I can understand how you two feel when it comes to finding that special someone!

Take it from me, things get better! You just have to keep on fighting, and don't let life drag you down. Don't let anyone deprive you of your dreams, and don't let anyone say that you can't do anything. If you want to go for animation, then do so, and you two could end up becoming some of the greatest animators of our time! Like, seriously, that can happen if you two keep pushing forward! And as for that special someone, you'll find someone who will appreciate you for who you are and see you for who you really are, without judging and without any prejudice! You just have to believe that it'll be so! Stay confident and strive to fulfill your dreams, and you can banish the darkness that is depression. Although things may seem desperately maddening at times, remember to never lose heart and keep pushing forward, so that when you look back a few years from now, you'll see how far you've come! :)

Wish you the best of luck, guys! Thanks for sharing your stories here, I know it couldn't have been easy! I'm happy you were able to express yourselves! That's precisely why I put this thread into being! ^_^

No prob Dax, remember, I made this thread so that not only I, but all of us can be able to help each other out and give each other helpful advice! :)

Well then, what I can tell you two is that life can sometimes really throw lots of twists and turns that we don't expect, and oftentimes don't like! We don't choose why things happen to us, they just do. Oftentimes, we wrestle with ourselves and our doubts and inner demons, and at the end of the day, sometimes one wonders just what is it that keeps driving us forward? I feel for you two, because I know that it can't be easy, especially when everything seems to pin you down. But also take in mind that while relationships can be wonderful, they aren't everything. One can be able to live with or without a significant other. It all depends on the situation one is currently facing. But having someone by one's side definitely is a big help, as when we are in our darkest and in our most lowest, that significant other can be able to help us remember why we keep fighting in the first place, ya know? So I can understand how you two feel when it comes to finding that special someone!

Take it from me, things get better! You just have to keep on fighting, and don't let life drag you down. Don't let anyone deprive you of your dreams, and don't let anyone say that you can't do anything. If you want to go for animation, then do so, and you two could end up becoming some of the greatest animators of our time! Like, seriously, that can happen if you two keep pushing forward! And as for that special someone, you'll find someone who will appreciate you for who you are and see you for who you really are, without judging and without any prejudice! You just have to believe that it'll be so! Stay confident and strive to fulfill your dreams, and you can banish the darkness that is depression. Although things may seem desperately maddening at times, remember to never lose heart and keep pushing forward, so that when you look back a few years from now, you'll see how far you've come! :)

Wish you the best of luck, guys! Thanks for sharing your stories here, I know it couldn't have been easy! I'm happy you were able to express yourselves! That's precisely why I put this thread into being! ^_^

I'd like to thank you both for responding to me and giving me advice. Reading what you two had to say, has helped me better asses my situation, but the hard part is still trying to get through this. I'll try me best and even more to achieve my dreams, and I'll keep trying no matter what. Once again, thank you both.

I'd like to thank you both for responding to me and giving me advice. Reading what you two had to say, has helped me better asses my situation, but the hard part is still trying to get through this. I'll try me best and even more to achieve my dreams, and I'll keep trying no matter what. Once again, thank you both.

You are more than welcome, friend! That's what we're here for, to help each other out! I'm glad our words were able to help you! Now, all that's left is for you to take the initiative and keep pushing forward, no matter what! I'm sure that you'll be able to figure things out! You just have to make sure never to lose heart, and you'll be okay! Best of luck, man! :D

Anytime man. I hope you figure it out ;)

Huh, nice thing you're doing here.

I'll admit, I'm not doing too well. I've been unemployed for the better part of the year, I've gotten really tired of doing college and kinda want to quit for a while, and I'm still trying to figure out my love life situation (non-existent, but some personal issues on my end have come up and I'm just trying to learn how be happy while single).

I'm trying to get my life back together at the end of the year where I was supposed to be getting my life together throughout. Oh well. There's always next year  xD

Huh, nice thing you're doing here.

I'll admit, I'm not doing too well. I've been unemployed for the better part of the year, I've gotten really tired of doing college and kinda want to quit for a while, and I'm still trying to figure out my love life situation (non-existent, but some personal issues on my end have come up and I'm just trying to learn how be happy while single).

I'm trying to get my life back together at the end of the year where I was supposed to be getting my life together throughout. Oh well. There's always next year  xD

Thanks, I appreciate your kind words! ^_^

And well, unemployment can definitely be a hard situation, especially during these times, when one is on the up and up and trying to forge a path for the future. I was going through a lot of depression when I was job hunting, because over here in Puerto Rico, it's a bit harder to get a job, and thus, handing out resumes over and over and over again was getting frustrating, since I wouldn't get any calls from anyone. So in a sense, I can relate to you in that I know how it feels to be without a job and without any income. Because believe me, nothing is worse than not being able to fend for yourself with your own hands, ya know? So I truly hope that your situation remedies itself soon, because no one deserves misery, especially during the Holidays! And well, if you wanna get out of college for a while, if you feel that you need to do so, then do so, because if you're unhappy with how things are going, you should take a look at yourself and take a breather and think about what you want to do next, ya know?

As for love life, that can also be something tricky to handle, and believe me, I can relate. But hey, as long as you can be able to keep pushing forward, you'll be okay. I'm sure that you'll find someone perfect sooner rather than later, and everything will click into place slowly but surely. In the meantime though, just keep pushing onwards, and make sure you keep yourself together!

Remember, it's never too late to get yourself back on track! You just have to believe in your wants, believe in your dreams and what you want to accomplish, and that way, you can start bettering yourself, so when you look back at the you of right now you can say: "Don't lose heart, kid! I believe in the you that believes in yourself!"

(Points if you can guess what I referenced right there at the last moment! X3)

What a nice thread

Well I guess I feel a bit blue, mostly due to

Last year I celebrated Christmas in a different country and had made friends into a family. We shared a new unique twist on the day and had a wonderful time just celebrating and singing. Now I celebrate Christmas away from my friends and I miss them very much since they made me feel accepted for me. Not trying to perfect my clothing, personality we simply just had a fun time, enjoying every second of it. 

Ive sent them my regards for Christmas and I hope they have a wonderful day. And so I hope I will see them soon again. 

A wonderful thing was to make your friends into a new family. 

Merry Christmas.

What a nice thread

Well I guess I feel a bit blue, mostly due to

Last year I celebrated Christmas in a different country and had made friends into a family. We shared a new unique twist on the day and had a wonderful time just celebrating and singing. Now I celebrate Christmas away from my friends and I miss them very much since they made me feel accepted for me. Not trying to perfect my clothing, personality we simply just had a fun time, enjoying every second of it. 

Ive sent them my regards for Christmas and I hope they have a wonderful day. And so I hope I will see them soon again. 

A wonderful thing was to make your friends into a new family. 

Merry Christmas.

Thanks, I'm glad you think so!

Ah, I can understand where you're coming from! It's not every day that you meet friends who become so close that they are practically family. When that happens, that kind of friendship really fosters into something beautiful, so I can understand you missing them. But hey, at least you have wonderful memories of having spent time with them, celebrating the Holidays together in merriment and cheer! Keep those memories close to your heart always, and I'm sure you'll be okay. Heck, you could probably reunite with them when you least expect it! Just always carry them in your heart, and they'll always be with you! Nothing is better than having friends who accept you for who you are. Like Riku says: "A good friend sees you for who you are, no matter what face you wear." Very beautiful words to live by, ya know?

Merry Christmas to you too, bud! Best wishes!

Well, when I'm outside of the school I'm doing good, but when I'm inside of the school I'm pretty sad & anxious. My "so called friends" and I had a arguement last 2 months then after we talked in the guidance office, everything felt awkward between me and them. Right now I don't have any friends & it's hard to cope with it everyday.  :sad: I feel like everyone hates me. I'm very awkward and introverted person so it's a bit hard for me to socialize with my annoying classmates. They only accept you if you are "popular, had common interests etc.." Man is there someone in our school who can accept me for who I am?  :

Well, when I'm outside of the school I'm doing good, but when I'm inside of the school I'm pretty sad & anxious. My "so called friends" and I had a arguement last 2 months then after we talked in the guidance office, everything felt awkward between me and them. Right now I don't have any friends & it's hard to cope with it everyday.  :sad: I feel like everyone hates me. I'm very awkward and introverted person so it's a bit hard for me to socialize with my annoying classmates. They only accept you if you are "popular, had common interests etc.." Man is there someone in our school who can accept me for who I am?  :

Oh wow, I'm sorry to hear that, bud. Going through this ordeal is definitely something that I can relate to, as when I was younger, I would have those same problems! I was very shy, and I didn't have many friends because as you said, most of the people in school only looked at qualities such as popularity and fitting with their view of society and whatnot. I was always different, and at one point, I thought that it was best if I just changed myself. I thought that it was better if I hid from everyone that I loved Star Wars and comic books and the like, because people would laugh at me for liking those things, ya know? They'd call me juvenile and whatnot. I always had a tough time with girls because when I crushed on them, they never liked me back, and I often thought that something was wrong with me. That, and I was the constant victim of bullying. Not aggressive, mind you, but verbal. But you know what they say: "Words hurt more than any wound ever could." And that spoke true for me for many years. I would cry and tell my Mom about this, and she'd always tell me to be strong and not care about what other people thought. It was a very hard time for me. 

Then, 4th grade near 5th grade, that's when I met my very best friend, who's practically my brother, Jonathan! And ironically enough, we bonded over the Spider-Man theme song, lol. But ever since, we became fast friends, and over the years, he taught me how to get out of my shell and how to accept myself as a person. He wouldn't ridicule me for the things I liked, and he wouldn't tease me or bully me. I felt like I had a true friend for the first time ever! (I also had two very good friends in kindergarten through third grade, but we went our separate ways and never saw each other again, except in some other times during my life. They're still good friends, but I rarely see or talk to them. Oh, and I have another lifelong best friend, Angel! I've known him since kindergarten, and we've always had a very close friendship. He's also practically my brother to me as well.) He helped me learn about myself, and the Kingdom Hearts series helped me out a lot as well! Particularly Riku as a character! His struggle with darkness and learning to accept himself mirrored my own journey of accepting myself for who I am, and owning up to my thoughts of wanting to change myself just to accomodate others. And well, ever since then, I've made many lifelong friends, very close ones, and I'm a very sociable person and all the merrier with life for all the things I love! I'm a total geek nerd and proudly represent it!

I guess that what I'm trying to say here is that you shouldn't care what others think about you, about how they view you. You should be comfortable in your own skin and accept yourself for who you are. Those so called friends you mentioned aren't even real friends if they aren't willing to forget about an argument. I know it's hard, but I know that along the way, you'll meet people who will truly become your lifelong best friends, friends whom you'll entrust with your life! Just keep persevering, and don't let the world pin you down, because there's already enough pinheads in the world. Don't be another one. Be true to yourself, because a friend will love you for who you are, not for trying to change, ya know?

A good friend sees you for who you are, no matter what face you wear. Words spoken by Riku himself! Hope this helps, friend! :)

Edited by The Transcendent Key

Oh wow, I'm sorry to hear that, bud. Going through this ordeal is definitely something that I can relate to, as when I was younger, I would have those same problems! I was very shy, and I didn't have many friends because as you said, most of the people in school only looked at qualities such as popularity and fitting with their view of society and whatnot. I was always different, and at one point, I thought that it was best if I just changed myself. I thought that it was better if I hid from everyone that I loved Star Wars and comic books and the like, because people would laugh at me for liking those things, ya know? They'd call me juvenile and whatnot. I always had a tough time with girls because when I crushed on them, they never liked me back, and I often thought that something was wrong with me. That, and I was the constant victim of bullying. Not aggressive, mind you, but verbal. But you know what they say: "Words hurt more than any wound ever could." And that spoke true for me for many years. I would cry and tell my Mom about this, and she'd always tell me to be strong and not care about what other people thought. It was a very hard time for me. 

Then, 4th grade near 5th grade, that's when I met my very best friend, who's practically my brother, Jonathan! And ironically enough, we bonded over the Spider-Man theme song, lol. But ever since, we became fast friends, and over the years, he taught me how to get out of my shell and how to accept myself as a person. He wouldn't ridicule me for the things I liked, and he wouldn't tease me or bully me. I felt like I had a true friend for the first time ever! (I also had two very good friends in kindergarten through third grade, but we went our separate ways and never saw each other again, except in some other times during my life. They're still good friends, but I rarely see or talk to them. Oh, and I have another lifelong best friend, Angel! I've known him since kindergarten, and we've always had a very close friendship. He's also practically my brother to me as well.) He helped me learn about myself, and the Kingdom Hearts series helped me out a lot as well! Particularly Riku as a character! His struggle with darkness and learning to accept himself mirrored my own journey of accepting myself for who I am, and owning up to my thoughts of wanting to change myself just to accomodate others. And well, ever since then, I've made many lifelong friends, very close ones, and I'm a very sociable person and all the merrier with life for all the things I love! I'm a total geek nerd and proudly represent it!

I guess that what I'm trying to say here is that you shouldn't care what others think about you, about how they view you. You should be comfortable in your own skin and accept yourself for who you are. Those so called friends you mentioned aren't even real friends if they aren't willing to forget about an argument. I know it's hard, but I know that along the way, you'll meet people who will truly become your lifelong best friends, friends whom you'll entrust with your life! Just keep persevering, and don't let the world pin you down, because there's already enough pinheads in the world. Don't be another one. Be true to yourself, because a friend will love you for who you are, not for trying to change, ya know?

A good friend sees you for who you are, no matter what face you wear. Words spoken by Riku himself! Hope this helps, friend! :)

Thanks for the optimism. :D I really need to hear those words and I never told this to anyone in school. It's a relief feeling because someone finally understood my situation. Thanks again! I really love this community!

Thanks for the optimism. :D I really need to hear those words and I never told this to anyone in school. It's a relief feeling because someone finally understood my situation. Thanks again! I really love this community!

Of course, you are very welcome! I'm glad that my words were able to be of some use to you! I try my best to lend helpful advice and comforting words to those who need them. So I'm glad I was able to be of help! And yeah, this community is amazing, I'm sure you'll keep on loving it! :)

So, that happend, I got kicked out again. Seems that People STILL don't trust me... Sigh nobody seems to understand me, seems people don't let me be, If I have a distaste for fandoms who cares? Let me argue, let me be violent, let me be agressive, let me be an atention seeker, let me do whatever I want on the internet, where's my free speech people?

Edited by KairiKeybasH

So, that happend, I got kicked out again. Seems that People STILL don't trust me... Sigh nobody seems to understand me, seems people don't let me be, If I have a distaste for fandoms who cares? Let me argue, let me be violent, let me be agressive, let me be an atention seeker, let me do whatever I want on the internet, where's my free speech people?

Well, that's the sad thing about people sometimes. People who don't like it when others don't agree with them often have a very closed mind set. The best thing in the world is having a community of like minded people that willingly listen to different opinions without fighting or judging, just simply listening. It's hard to find company like that these days, so I can understand what you're going through. But hey, just be yourself, and don't conform to people. Just do you. :)

Well, that's the sad thing about people sometimes. People who don't like it when others don't agree with them often have a very closed mind set. The best thing in the world is having a community of like minded people that willingly listen to different opinions without fighting or judging, just simply listening. It's hard to find company like that these days, so I can understand what you're going through. But hey, just be yourself, and don't conform to people. Just do you. :)

She thinks i'm always wrong at everything. I don't know what she wants, she's always complaining about how a certain fandom's mentality is, but yet she can't handle mine, at this rate she will never trust me, because i'm such a troublemaker in her eyes.

I know this might be a little TMI, but in the past I have been abused by some previous boyfriends and although this year I had been able to maintain a steady friendship with one, our friendship dwindled because I did not take the initiative to date him. 

I have been scared to date people because of my past experiences, but I am really like somebody right now and am too afraid to tell him...

One- Because of all of that and TWO because English is not his first language and he is a foreign exchange student at my college from Japan but UGgH he is so amazing and we are pretty good friends but I am just scared. I will not see him again until mid January but I guess I'm asking you, as a male, what I should do to get to know him better and to maybe be in a relationship with him. I do speak his language some. 

She thinks i'm always wrong at everything. I don't know what she wants, she's always complaining about how a certain fandom's mentality is, but yet she can't handle mine, at this rate she will never trust me, because i'm such a troublemaker in her eyes.

Well, that sounds like more trouble than it's worth. If this person can't converse with you at a level headed pace, then you should take a look back and consider if she's really someone you want to have around. I say this because sometimes the more we try to get to a person's good side, the more stubborn they get. If she causes you that much trouble simply because she can't respect that you think differently than her, then you should seriously consider if you wanna have that person around, ya know?

I know this might be a little TMI, but in the past I have been abused by some previous boyfriends and although this year I had been able to maintain a steady friendship with one, our friendship dwindled because I did not take the initiative to date him. 

I have been scared to date people because of my past experiences, but I am really like somebody right now and am too afraid to tell him...

One- Because of all of that and TWO because English is not his first language and he is a foreign exchange student at my college from Japan but UGgH he is so amazing and we are pretty good friends but I am just scared. I will not see him again until mid January but I guess I'm asking you, as a male, what I should do to get to know him better and to maybe be in a relationship with him. I do speak his language some. 

Oh wow, seriously? You mean as in physical abuse? Or verbal? Or both? Either way, any kind of abuse is bad, so I sincerely apologize that you've had to go through that hardship. That's something that no one deserves to go through. :(

And well, concerning this boy you like, it all depends on how you want to tackle the situation. You say that he's an amazing guy, right? Well, that means that you have great interest in him, and if he gets along with you as much as you do with him, then that's perfect, because that means there's already a common ground of trust there. If I were in his place, then I would certainly like to get to know you more. Obviously there are things that you don't want to reveal too quickly because you're still getting to know me, so you should just speak the basics of what your life consists of, so that I can get a general feel of what kind of person you are. And well, really, other than that, talking about common interests, asking to hang out to spend time together also builds some good bonding that strengthens friendship, and if you two have it for each other, then it slowly blossoms into something more, ya know? Everything all hinges on how you want to approach him. I know that things can seem scary because of the past experiences you've had, but you can't let your past pin  you down. In fact, I'm going to use this quote...

Let the past die. It's the only way for you to become who you were meant to be. Kylo Ren from Star Wars utters those words. 

Now, I know what you're thinking. "Quoting Star Wars in a situation like this? Let the past die? That's a bit overboard, don't you think?" But well, when you truly think about it, if you keep fearing the past, you won't be able to move forward and become who you want to be, meaning that if there's opportunities, in this case, opportunities in love and you don't take the step to reach out for it, you could lose said opportunities, ya know? Like I said, it can be scary, and love can really be a very messed up mystery, or the most wonderful thing ever, but really, the first step begins with you.

I have a feeling that you two will click really well, and it'll end up to the point that you two will probably end up going out and everything, and this guy will be the guy that treats you like gold. I hope this helps! :)