Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Lady Aleister

Roleplay Of Monsters and Men [1x1 with Stardustblade358]

The couple sighed. "Thank you, officers. This could have...turned out a whole lot worse." The man said, rubbing the back of his head as the woman began to pull out the stash, joyful to see her belongings return to her. Michael nodded, smiling at Allan. "Right. We'll head back then. I hope everything goes well for you two. Have a nice day." Michael said, shaking their hands. Michael then turned to the Pooka. "Take a ride with us, we'll take you to a nearby park that has lots of wonderful trees for you to pick. Even fruit trees." Michael offered. The Pucca's hear perked up at the mention of the fruit trees, and nodded in agreement. Michael nodded, the three of them stepping out of the house and back into the car. Michael proceeded to drive them over to the nearest park, smirking at Allan. "You're a natural, Allan." Michael said. "Remember how you asked yourself why you were chosen? That's why. Obviously the superiors saw the same thing." Michael said, impressed and happy at Allan. It was impressive. He had been a trainee himself, and had been on the field with many trainees. No one had solved their case like Allan did. Michael parked by the park, opening a window to show the park to the Pucca. It was large, with lots, and lots and lots of trees and flowers, and bushes, and it even had a lake. The Pucca's eyes widened in awe, squealing. It was like paradise. "Here you go. Don't get into trouble now." Michael said. The Pucca turned to Allan. "Thank you!" The Pucca said, pecking his cheek with a kiss, and then at Michael, before quickly flying off, disappearing into the park. Michael sighed. "I love happy endings." Suddenly- "FREE SQUADS RESPOND!" The radio chirped. Michael turned, pressing a button. "This is Cassio and Othello. We're free to respond." Michael said. "THERE IS A RUNAWAY ALERT. MALE, 15 YEARS OF AGE, HALF-HUMAN, BLACK HAIR, GREEN EYES, AND FINS ON HIS NECK. LAST SEEN IN THE AQUA DISTRICT SOUTH OF THE CITY." Michael looked at Allan, turning back to the radio. "We'll help." "SENDING INFORMATION TO YOUR CELLPHONES NOW." A moment after, their phones rang with the information sent. Michael quickly checked as he began to drive off to the district. "This morning, the kid got into a discussion with his parents about being sent to a Supernatural boarding school. When his parents checked on him this afternoon, he was gone. He won't answer his cellphone. He is half-mermaid." Michael read, speeding off. "Would make sense for a kid to be upset about that...especially after studying in the city for so long."

"That was a fairly simple case...there are going to be harder ones and I just have to remember that." Allan reminded both himself and Michael of that fact. 

Allan brushed the Puca's kiss off his face and was about to agree with Michael before the radio interrupted him. 

Opposite to this kid, Allan did not mind a private school, in fact, he was brought up in one. The Aqua district was a marvel to look at, it was connected to the coast, and roads had rivers between them, and canoes and other boats were used to get around, most of the time. They arrived and parked. How were they going to find a half-mermaid boy in this district? 

"Um, Michael...how exactly are we going to do this?" 

Michael stepped up, looking around. He pursed his lips. "I...can't traverse this district." Michael hissed, his eyes glancing around the area. Water. It was the water. "Allan. My movement is restricted here." Michael said, turning to him with worry in his eyes. "I can't cross running water. Rivers, streams, I can't cross them." He explained. As stupid as it seemed...it was a psychological phenomenon involving the vampire. It was like a trait. A physical and mental reaction in their bodies. They couldn't cross it. The moment they stepped close to one, they would freeze. They could be carried over it...but their bodies would not allow them to cross it. The same ideal went for entering homes of others without being invited by someone. "Glad I'm around, then." A familiar voice interrupted. Michael turned, seeing Draven pull up. "Draven." "I heard the call and decided to join while Tabitha wrapped up our other case. I'll help Allan out." Draven asked. "It's still a big district." Michael said, frowning. "Ah! That's why it's good to come prepared! You see, I stopped by the house before coming here." Draven said, tapping his nose. "Got a scent sample from one of his shirts. I should be able to track him down." Draven said. Michael smiled. "Nothing gets past you!" He chuckled. Draven nodded, looking over at Allan. "Come on, we'll partner up for this part." Draven winked as he turned his face to the district. "I can smell him right now." Draven said. Michael nodded, turning to Allan. "I'll be here when you two get back." Michael said. Draven gestured to Allan and ran off with him, following the scent. It led him to one of the many small islands that floated around the district. The kid sat on a bench, staring out to the horizon, and the ocean as his gills were exposed. The only way in or out by foot being by a single wooden bridge. "There he is." Draven said, looking over at Allan. "He might try to run by diving into the river. How do you want to handle this?"

Michael couldn't help Allan due to the water, now was not the time to ask, he would have to do so later, now was just time to do as he was told.

"It's alright, Michael. Me and Draven can handle this. I'll keep you updated." Allan smiled at his partner, his words sincere.

"I'll meet back up with you as soon as I can." Allan cautiously put a hand on his partners shoulder, which was a little awkward because of their height difference, and went to Draven.

The two traveled to a small island, Draven questioning why they would do if he tried diving into the river.

"If he dives into the river, I'll dive after him. Just make sure I don't drown." Allan said, completely serious.

"Now hush." He snapped at the older man.

Allan straightened himself out for a second, slowly approaching the young boy.

"Excuse me, is anybody sitting here?" The boy turned his head, looking at Allan beside the bench.

"I guess not." The boy shrugged.

Allan sat beside him and there was silence.

"This may be weird, and I know you don't want to hear it, but your parents are worried about you." Allan brought up the touchy topic cautiously.

"I'm Allan. I work at M&M, but to be completely honest with you, it my real first day out." Allan held open his hand.

"M&M...like the candy?" The boy laughed a little.

"That's what I thought at first." Allan laughed along.

"Trying new things can be...well terrifying. I completely understand, and especially if you have to move locations..." Allan sighed.

Was he doing this right? He was internally freaking out. What if this kid just jumped into the water. What could Allan do.

Draven kept a close eye, ready to jump at a moment's notice. The boy scoffed a bit, looking away for a second. "I'm not scared." The boy grumbled. It seemed he was expecting Allan, at least, someone to come for him. "I'm angry. I like my school. I like my friends, even the human ones." The kid said, looking at Allan. "Now they want to send me to a whole new school that I don't know, in a place that I don't know, with a new system I don't know about, with people and students that I don't know!" The kid's fists tightened. "They say that it's for the best for me. So I can be around other monsters. I don't want to be around other monsters! I want to be with my friends!" The kid snapped his head at Allan. "You adults just don't understand! To be dragged away and put somewhere you don't know anything about, alone and scared...not knowing if you'd even belong." The kid said, frustration in his tone as he turned his gaze to the ground, glaring as he gritted his teeth. "You can take me home, but I'll run away again. And again and again until they give up!" The kid yelled, kicking the ground beneath. By this point, thunder roared above the clouds as rain began to fall. "This is my home. I don't want them to take that away from me."

Allan stood, grimacing as soon as the rain began to fall. 

"You may not think I understand, but I do. I was taken away from my family, and my life to do what I am doing now. I had to change. I'm just like you, I am in a place I don't know and am with people I don't know too well, but you have to listen to me." Allan walked over to the boy.

"Stepping out of your comfort zone, meeting new people, doing new things, it is apart of growing up. Please, just give it a chance." he was very sincere in his voice, having to speak up some due to the thunder. 

"If you let me take you home, me and this man will talk to your parents and see what they can do about all of this." Allan encouraged.

The boy clicked his tongue, looking deadpan at Draven and Allan. 

"Follow me then..." he sighed, motioning Draven over. 

Draven stepped over, careful to not startle the kid. The kid pursed his lips, not bothered at all by the rain. If anything, it made his mood a tad bit better, though not completely better. Draven stepped over, making sure to initially block any escape routes that the kid might take. "Come on now. Lets get you home. Your parents are worried sick." Draven said. The kid sighed, shrugging slightly as he finally stood up. Draven nodded at Allan as he got a gentle hand behind the kid's back, guiding him forward as they began to make their way back to the parking lot. There, with an umbrella, Michael waited for them, smiling when he saw the kid with them. Thankfully, it seemed everything went alright. "I'm glad to see you're safe." Michael said to the kid, who simply scoffed as he looked away, arms crossed. "We'll take him home. Allan, want to take the ride with me?" Draven asked. "I think it would be best. I'll go ahead and return to base, and wait for your return." Michael said, looking at Allan. "I'll meet up with you later, Allan." Michael said. Draven nodded, quickly gesturing to his own vehicle. "Come on, lets get you home, kid." Draven said, opening the door to the backseat, the kid climbing right in as Draven closed it behind it. "Let's go, Allan." Draven said, getting into his car as he watched Michael drive away. Once Allan was in, Draven made sure that the kid had his seat belt on and drove off. It didn't take long to get to their house, it was around the same district. As he parked in front of the house, the kid's parents opened the door, yelling for their child. Draven stepped out along with the kid as the mother ran to hug her child. "Don't you ever do that to us again!" She sobbed, glaring at him. "What were you thinking?!"

"See you later." Allan waved to Michael, getting in the car with Draven. 

"Allan Othello, M&M." Allan presented himself and Draven to the mother at the door. 

"Ma'am your son ran away for one reason." he pat the boy on the shoulder.

"I don't want to go to a whole new school that I don't know, in a place that I don't know." the boy spoke up, looking his mother in the eye. 

"Right now, I like my school. I like my friends, even the human ones. I do not want to go to some private supernatural school in a system I do not know about." the boy confessed to his mother. 

"In blatant short words, your son will continue to run away from you until you agree to allow him to stay in the school he currently is in. Being in a diverse school is better than being in a completely supernatural school." Allan put it straight to the point to the mother. 

"I know it's a lot, but your son is at a hard age and it would not be the best idea for you to move him. It is in the middle of the school year anyways, if I remember correctly." Allan tried to be as blunt and to the point as possible. 

He had to convince this mother. 

Draven looked at Allan with wide eyes. The mother stared at Allan, and then back down at her son, and then back at Allan. "I understand that." She began. "I understand that he is sensitive about this situation. About having to move to a new school with new people. But...it's for his own safety!" She insisted, her gaze piercing as she looked down at her son. "He is beginning to mature and develop, both his human sides and his mermaid sides. Being half, we do not know what to expect of what he might develop next. Right now the gills and his webbed feet and hands can either be hidden or explained, but we don't know what else he could develop soon. He already had an allergic reaction last month and his scales began to change color in the middle of class. If it we hadn't brought him home he would've been outed in front of the entire school." The mother explained, the child looking away, still upset. Draven cleared his throat. "We understand that this is your choice as a mother. Still, you could consider some options before moving onto drastic measures. Many witches and warlocks are able to create potions and charms that allow to camouflage one self now a days. Many waterproof, as well. I understand your concern of your child being found out. Many parents have that fear when enrolling their children into human schools. But you can't shelter him forever. He does need to learn to adapt." Draven offered. The mother crossed her arms as her husband, a human, stepped over, getting his hands on her shoulders. "But we have tried before...it hasn't worked-!" Her husband quickly rubbed her shoulders. "He was young, still a toddler. He's grown now. He'll be more consciously careful about his charms. Maybe it can work this time...it's worth the try." The husband said. The wife growled under her breath, looking down at her son. "We have a witch in our department. I can have her contact you with some options." Draven offered. The wife glanced around, and eventually sighed. "We will talk about it...later." She said, looking down at her son. "Go take a shower. Now." She asked, pointing at the house. The kid smiled softly before hurrying back into the house. "I'll have her contact you and set up an appointment. Have a good evening." Draven said, waving at the couple as they turned and returned to their house. Draven sighed, looking over at Allan. "Good job." He said, getting back into the car.

Allan waved to the young boy, before getting back in the car with Draven and collectively sighing. 

"Children can be difficult." he laughed lightly, the two driving out of the aqua district and back to the M&M headquarters. 

Today was a success, hopefully. Allan reported back to the Warden, getting two forms to fill out about the cases. 

TO MICHAEL: 

I AM AT THE MESS HALL FILLING OUT REPORTS. MEET ME THERE. 

Allan sat down in a seat at the mess hall, pulling out a pen and beginning to write the reports for the day. 

Date: XX/XX/2018

Agent: Allan Othello

Partner: Michael Cassio

Species: Human

Case: Domestic Dispute

On XX/XX/2018, Agents Othello and Cassio were called out on a domestic dispute in the Mostro City district. A man and a woman who are going through a divorce were accusing each other of stealing belongings. Agent Othello discovered the culprit, in reality, was a pucca that had disguised itself from the supernatural eye. The pucca's home was demolished due to it attracting snakes, and the pucca was getting revenge on the couple. Agents Cassio and Othello brought the pucca to the city park and the pucca has now found a new home to live in. 

Date: XX/XX/2018

Agent: Allen Othello

Partner: Michael Cassio

Species: Human

Case: Runaway

On XX/XX/2018, there was a report of a runaway in the aqua district. The subject was a 15 year old male, half-human, half-mermaid. The subject was upset about his parents wanting to send him to an all-supernatural private school. The subject was located with the help of Agent Draven due to Agent Cassio being unable to maneuver around the aqua district. Agent Othello confronted the boy, and he was taken to his parents house. After words with parents, Agent Draven is referring a witch or wizard to the subject to help keep his half-mermaid identify hidden so he can stay at his human school. The subject returned to his parents.

Edited by Lady Aleister

Within a few moments, Michael was entering the cafeteria, smiling at Allan as he waved at him. "I'm guessing things went well?" Michael asked, taking a seat in front of him. In his hands he had a clipboard, papers already on it with fresh ink as he had just finished writing his reports. "Draven told me about how you did with the run away kid. You've solved two cases in a row in a single day. You're pretty amazing, you know?" Michael said, frowning a bit as he rubbed the back of his neck. "I'm sorry I couldn't help you out with that one. The Aqua district is just one of those places where it's very hard for my kind to traverse, you know? The whole 'vampires can't cross streams or running water'? That's a thing, haha. I'm also glad that the kid didn't try to swim away, either. Draven is a terrible swimmer." Michael chuckled. "I guess, that is your biggest advantage. Humans are one of the most adaptable species out there. There are no rules to bind you." "That is one of the things that humans have an advantage over us." The Warden spoke, walking up towards the two. "We were gifted and cursed all the same, with powers beyond our own imagination, but at a price. By definition, we are gods bound by rules. Humans, however, are mortals free of any rules other than the limits of their own body." The Warden explained, glaring at Allan momentarily before clearing her throat. "Are your reports done?" She asked. "Yes mam." Michael said, handing his reports over to the Warden. The Warden took Allan's, taking a glance over them before nodding approvingly. "Very well. Good job, you two. Allan is still alive. Let's see if he lasts the week. You are dismissed for the night." The Warden said, nodding at the two before walking away. Michael watched her, before turning to Allan with a smile. "I think she's beginning to warm up to you!"

---

District Dictionary:

Aqua District - South of the city, by the sea. Structures slowly transform into small islands and patches of land. Made up of lots of natural bodies of water connected with rivers, ports, and beaches. Popular with merfolk and other water creatures. Example:

Commercial District - Right in the middle of the city, and the most densely populated area. It is the commercial part of the city filled with everything you can imagine. Shops of all kinds, theaters, office buildings, expensive apartments, low income housing and many more. It also contains suburban areas surrounding it.

Silva District - North of the city. Rural areas, filled with lots of park and heavy forested areas filled with lots of nature. Many farms are located here. Preferable to those who don't like the city life too much, and is popular with many supernatural beings.

Industrial District - Actually located outside of the city perimeter to the northeast, it is an entire area dedicated to industrial type work. Mining, factories, and so on. Popular with beings that wish to live in abandoned buildings and factory lines.

Mons District - East of the city. It climbs up to a line of mountains that separates the city from the Industrial district, and connects them with the highway tunnel located in this direction. Filled with hills and high terrain that tends to overlook the city. It is filled with caves and mines.

Harenae District - West of the city. Mostly suburban and leading to a more arid area of the city. Think of it as Nevada Las Vegas type of arid.

"The cases were not that intense...I am sure you've seen some terribly hard cases, Michael." Allan smiled at his partner, which he dropped once the Warden came around.

"Yes ma'am." Allan accidentally said in unison with Michael.

Upon her commenting that he was still alive, he had to kind of nervously laugh it off.

"She's terrifying." he sighed after she walked away.

Women were terrifying creatures.

"I'm going to get some dinner." he waved away to Michael and headed over to Kirius's booth.

In the short time he was gone, Theodosia vaporized right where Allan had been sitting.

"Back from his first mission, Allan Othello and partner Michael Cassio have returned alive! How did it go." she was acting like an interviewer with an imaginary microphone in hand.

"It was fine Theodosia." Allan spoke before Michael could, sitting down beside Michael since the damn ghost stole his seat.

"And there the human is himself, tell us, will you live another day?" she held the imaginary microphone to Allan.

"If I don't live another day, then something terribly wrong must have happened." Allan said into the imaginary microphone.

Theodosia giggled, "You were so nervous last night but tonight you are doing fine. This place isn't that bad!".

"I guess it's not." Allan laughed lightly, looking at Michael and smiling.

The first day on the job is the most stressful one, but if you can live through one, you can live through another. Allan went to sleep that night after some more conversation with Theodosia and Michael before excusing himself to sleep after a long day.

Unlike the night before, Allan was actually able to sleep well that night, in peace, excited for the next day.

Edited by Lady Aleister

-THE NEXT DAY-

Allan would have woken to the sound of an inescapable alarm, the lights in his room suddenly turning on color red as the speakers overhead spoke over the alarms. "CALLING ALL AVAILABLE OFFICERS TO THE CAFETERIA! WE HAVE A CODE 171, HOSTAGE SITUATION! I REPEAT, ALL AVAILABLE OFFICERS ARE TO REPORT TO THE CAFETERIA IMMEDIATELY! WE HAVE RECEIVED A CODE 171, HOSTAGE SITUATION!" Outside, members were scrambling to get to the cafeteria, some half-dressed. Hostage situations were not common, but not rare either. However, when it involved a supernatural perpetrator, it was up to the M&M to fix the problem before it. The Warden was standing in the cafeteria, the giant plasma tv blasting the breaking news. Michael was already there, along with Draven and Tabitha. Everyone was wearing a grim expression on their faces. "Sadly...it's been confirmed that the culprit is a supernatural being."

Allan jumped awake, cursing and pulling some clothes on him and rushing downstairs to the cafeteria. He pushed through a crowd before barely funding Michael.

"What's going on?" He asked, frightened by his sudden awakening.

"Hostage...? In the Commercial district. Culprit...not human." Allan read as it flashed across the T.V screen.

Allan looked up to Michael and the others. Tabitha and Draven wore grim faces as Michael's was serious.

"Michael. What can I do to help." He asked this seriously, looking up to him, wanting advice as a trainee.

Michael looked over at Allan, gesturing him over. "We wait for orders." Michael said, looking back up. The Warden turned to the members. "Listen up! We have confirmation that the culprit is of supernatural origin! Our job is to take it down before it causes permanent damage, get these hostages killed, or worse. As we know, this is a delicate situation. The knowledge of the supernatural is meant to remain a secret from humanity for the sake of safety of everyone. Our priority is to make sure to take care of this situation before it gets out of our control. The quieter and quicker, the better. Here is the game plan." The Warden said, changing the display on the screen to video of the building.

"The crime scene is the Bellua Apartments. The suspect's name is Horacio Bonaventura, one of the tenants. We have no confirmation on what species he is, however; he killed the security guards who went to check on him after a noise complaint. After that, he has proceeded to pull out multiple people from their apartments, rounding them up before the alarm was pulled and people began to evacuate. We estimate around 10 to 13 hostages being held. Fatalities include inhabitants that tried to fight back and were quickly put down. He is holding them all in his apartment on the 7th floor. Our job is to get in, take him out, and save as many hostages as possible. If any and all attempts at negotiation fails, for the means of saving lives, deadly force against the suspect is authorized." The Warden explained, quickly pointing out groups. "We shall separate in pairs! Team One shall be compromised of Allan Othello, Michael Cassio, Draven Feles & Tabitha Mortem! You four will be the ones to close in on the apartment and attempt a negotiation. Team Two will follow Team One and get ready to provide support should the negotiations go haywire. Team Three shall be at standby to take a hold of the hostages once they are free. If they saw something they shouldn't, we must make sure they think of it merely as a side effect from the traumatic experience. The rest shall be Team Four who will be on standby in case we need more support. I shall send you a message to assign you to either team Two, Three or Four. We cannot fail...am I clear?!" The Warden asked, to which everyone responded the same answer. "YES MAM!" "Very well. Suit up and get ready for transport! We leave in 5!" The Warden yelled. With that, everyone scattered to make a line, looking at their phones for their team assignments. Michael quickly got around Allan, stepping in between him and the rushing masses.

Draven and Tabitha stepped over. "Seems we're the stars of this show." Draven said. Kirius whistled, getting the attention of the team. "Come on guys, you're Team One, you get first dibs." Kirius said, returning to the back of the kitchen. The group followed him in. Kirius proceeded to walk over to a spice shelf, getting his hand behind it before a loud click was heard. The shelf slowly moved to the side, revealing a very large, hidden armory. "Standard bulletproof vests and a gun of your choice." Kirius reminded as the team stepped in. He paused, looking at Allan. "Maybe a helmet for Allan, too." Kirius said.

Security guards and some inhabitants of the apartment had already been killed by the suspect. He was on the 7th floor, and this job was given to M&M only because of its supernatural affiliation. Get Bonaventura out and rescue the other inhabitants. Bonaventura would have to be taken into custody. If negotiations failed, they were instructed to use deadly force. Allan shallowed hard. Once the Warden started assigning teams, his legs almost gave out as his name was called first, quickly followed by Michael, Draven, and Tabitha. They had to close in. Why oh why was he not apart team four? 

"Yes ma'am." Allan said it softly, and everyone began to scramble. 

Kirius directed the team over to him, and while he was in the kitchen, Allan thought. He was the only human in this team. The only human in the team to confront this crazy Bonaventura. 

"I don't need a helmet, I am not a child." Allan said firmly to Kirius, who was a little surprised. 

Allan pulled him off a bulletproof vest, managing to get it on without any help, and eyed the weapons. He has had weapon training before and was not a bad shot. He reached up and pulled a pistol off the shelf. He grabbed him some silver bullets, which would work on any creature but would be most effective against a werewolf. 

"Sixty seconds! Let's go!!" The Warden called, and the small group headed out to the vehicles.

They were black police vans with black windows and "M&M" printed on the side in large white letters. Their group got the first van, and the four sat in there by themselves. The Warden jumped into the driver's seat, Evington in the passengers. The Warden handed Evington a clipboard. 

"This is group one, made up of Allan Othello, Michael Cassio, Draven Feles and Tabitha Mortem. They will be the ones to close in on the apartment and attempt a negotiation. Team two is made up of Ahanti Ward, Lucas Porter, Mariam Bryne, and Aarón Montenegro. Team Two will follow Team One and get ready to provide support should the negotiations go haywire. Team three is made up of Haruhiko and Nanami Murakami, Kit Snicket, and Jimar Gilmore.  Team Three shall be on standby to take a hold of the hostages once they are free. If they saw something they shouldn't, we must make sure they think of it merely as a side effect of the traumatic experience. Everybody else will be in team four, who will be on standby." The Warden explained as she wait for the other vans to be filled. 

007 to Warden- You are free to go. Good luck. 

This came from a small radio at the front of the car as Warden began speeding off, sirens on every van blaring as they followed Warden to the apartment complex. Allan sat in silence, holding his gun holster tightly.

"Hey Michael." he got the vampire's attention with a quiet voice, looking at his tutor. 

"I'm a little scared. I don't really think I'm ready for this. It is only day three for me." Allan brushed his hair out of his face with his fingers, a nervous habit. 

Sure enough when they got to the apartments, it was choas. 

Allan's gun of choice- https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/d/d3/Astra_A-60_semi-automatic_pistol%2C_left_side.jpg 

Edited by Lady Aleister

Michael looked over at Allan, before giving him a reassuring smile. "It's scary. If it wasn't scary, then it wouldn't be our job. But regardless whether you are a human or a being of supernatural origin, the principals of justice apply the same. Our duty is to bring justice to those who need it, and make the city safe for everyone. This is the principal of M&M. To bring balance of equal justice to men and monster. Just follow your training and instincts, like you've done so far, and you should be fine...besides, I'm your partner. I'll watch your back, and you'll watch mine, yes?" Michael explained, getting a reassuring hand on Allan's shoulder. As they reached the apartments, it was chaos. The police tensely guarded the perimeter, all blocked by police cars and police alike, keeping both reporters and the public at bay. "All elevators have been disabled. You'll use the staircase. We have confirmed the apartment number is 735." The Warden spoke through their headphones. Michael looked over. "Draven and I will take the front. Watch our backs." Michael asked, Draven stepping up as they hurried to the side entrance, which led directly to the stairs. Michael and Draven nodded at each other, before carefully opening the door and hurrying in, quickly scouting out the perimeter. Once they saw it was clear, he signaled for them to continue, quickly running up the stairs. As they approached the 7th floor, one could see the drops of blood beginning to appear on the floor. Michael covered his nose slightly. "Michael?" Tabitha asked. "There's...a lot of it." He warned. Draven nodded, hurrying to the door and slowly opening it. Once he saw the hallway clear, he signaled for them to follow down. As they began to walk down the hallway, it was eerily quiet, and the closer they got to the apartment, the worse the scene seemed. Soon, there were blood patches on the floor and wall, still fresh and dripping. Lots of blood...but no bodies. Suddenly they stopped, Draven signaling to stop. In the silence, they could hear the soft whimpers and...some other noise. Squishy noise. Draven pointed forward, at the single door with blood all over it and beneath. Apartment 735. They crept closer, by this point surrounding the apartment entrance. Michael leaned in, looking through the peephole to see the inside, eyes eyes widening. "What is it?" Tabitha asked, barely whispering. Michael gritted his teeth. "We have a Wendigo." If Allan were to see, the inside of the apartment was bloody. The hostages all huddled up in a corner as Horacio sat over a couple of corpses, eating them raw.

---

Wendigo - Beings manifestation of sickness and cannibalism. All Wendigo began as human who began to crave human flesh. Once they snap and begin to consume, they slowly transform into grotesque creatures. Refer to wiki for more.

It was okay to be scared. Allan had to remind himself of this as they neared the seventh floor, him following close to Tabitha as Michael and Draven lead the way. As they approached the seventh floor, blood spots could be seen on the ground. It only got worse from there. 

Allan's breath hitched, a lump in his throat forming and a pit in his stomach. He had to force his feet to move up to the stairs behind Tabitha. Once they stopped in front of the apartment, Allan forced himself to look up and face what they were assigned to face. The door was covered in blood, and something foul could be heard from inside. A wendigo. Allan knew right away. That thing was eating its victims. He turned to Michael, trying to form a brave face.

"Michael, I will get them out if you can get the wendigo away from them," Allan said very softly, forming a plan in his head. 

He was terrified, and everyone around him could probably tell...but the people inside of that room were more scared than he was. 

Michael looked over to Allan, nodding. The recovery of the hostages alive was priority number one. "Do you think he can be reasoned with?" Tabitha asked. "Seeing how he's eating to the bone, I doubt it." Draven hissed. "Alright. The moment I open this door, you get the civilians out and down the stairs. I'll keep the subject busy. Once the civilians are out of harms way, it's a matter of keeping the fight inside the building. Ready?" Michael asked, looking over at everyone. Once he got their confirmation, he turned back to the door. "Right. Run in after me. Group 2, make sure that he doesn't leave this floor alive." Michael said. He gestured the group to give him some space, before suddenly, with a single kick, kicked the door off its hinges, sending it flying across the apartment as it slammed against the Wendigo, knocking it over. Michael didn't hesitate, dashing inside as he slammed his body against the door that stood between him and the Wendigo, pinning it against the wall. "GO GO GO!" Michael yelled, pushing the door as the hostages ran for dear life to the safety of the officers. The Wendigo roared, clawing against the door before slamming its fist right through it and breaking it in two, throwing the pieces to the side as it reached out to bite Michael. Michael grabbed the Wendigo by the neck, slamming its head against the floor beneath over and over again. "What are you waiting for?! Kill it already!" Tabitha yelled, flinching as the fight went on. "I'm on it-!" Michael hissed before being thrown across the apartment, crashing into the steel fridge hard enough to bend it. The Wendigo turned, charging straight at the doorway. "LOOK OUT!" Tabitha yelled, pushing people out of the Wendigo's way. The Wendigo rushed out into the hallway, hurrying for a way to escape. Team 2 began to move, charging at it to keep it from going further. The Wendigo struggled, throwing members across the hallway and into the roof and walls as it rushed forward. "Don't let him out!" Draven yelled. Michael ran out of the apartment, pulling out his whip as he threw it. The whip flew past his comrades, reaching at the Wendigo and wrapped itself around it, keeping it from going any further. Michael didn't held back, pulling the Wendigo back to him with a single pull. As the Wendigo flew back, Michael's eyes sharpened as he reached out. Just as the Wendigo flew past him, Michael slashed right through the Wendigo in mid air. By the time the Wendigo flew past him, it collapsed into two pieces, blood spilling everywhere as the two pieces of body fell onto the floor with loud thuds. There was silence, Michael pulling back his whip before transforming it into a cane. "...target...target is down." Tabitha confirmed. Michael looked over to Allan, his eyes glowing slightly as blood covered his hands. "Are you ok?"

Allan nodded his head to Michael, bracing himself and clicking his gun, ready to shoot if needed. As soon as the door was kicked in, Allan began to move along with everyone else. He kept himself low, helping people up who were paralyzed by fear, and rushing them to the door. Thanks to the help of Tabitha, he managed to get everyone out before Michael was thrown across the apartment, bending the metal fridge with the force of the Wendigo's throw. Tabitha moved people out of the way outside, and Allan scanned the room for anybody else whom might not have come out yet. Sure enough, there was a little girl, probably no older than five curled up in the corner of the room, hugging her legs. Allan rushed over to her side, scooping her up in his arms before running out of the apartment. 

"It ate mama." the little girl kept cried and cried, Allan getting down the hallway, following the crowd and helping people who were thrown by the Wendigo. 

He kept an eye on Michael but did not turn to face him until he pulled the Wendigo back, cutting the creature in half, it coming down with a thud. There was silence all around, people marveling at what just happened, Allan holding the little girl tight in his arms. Allan approached Michael cautiously. 

"That was the coolest f***ing thing I have ever seen." Allan looked up at Michael, smiling a bit to his glowing eyes. 

"Are you okay?" he then asked his comrade. 

Before Michael could answer, they were interrupted by the voice of a man.

"Claire?" A man approached Allan and Michael. 

The little girl in Allan's arms turned to the voice. 

"Daddy! You're okay!" the little girl leap out of Allan's arms and ran to hug her father. 

They embraced and the man looked at Allan and Michael. 
"Thank you," he said, teary-eyed, and followed Tabitha down the stairs. 

Allan breathed a relieved sigh, still shaking some, he put away his gun.

"You're pretty amazing yourself, Michael." He smiled at him, starting off down the stairs. 

"Good work everyone, I will be headed up in a few to count the dead and to seal off the apartment with Evington and the Chief of Police." 

The Warden came over their headsets, dismissing the teams back to the vans. They saved the hostages...at least as much as they could. Mission complete. 

Edited by Lady Aleister

Michael smiled softly. He was glad. For one, that everything went fairly alright despite the fight, and that Allan didn't seem to be scared of him. Even among other supernaturals, when one showed their strength, it was common to have hesitation. Especially if you were new. But Allan instead thought it was cool, actually. "(I'm glad.)" Michael smiled to himself as they hurried over to the van. The crowd had only gotten bigger, family members reuniting as the flash of the press cameras blinded the police officers heavily watching over the scene. "It appears that the hostages have been released into police custody! We don't have any confirmation of the perpetrator, nor his status, but we will keep you updated as this unfolds!" One of the reporters said, dutifully looking to the camera. Once they got inside the van, Michael took a glance out the window. Away from the cameras and the public, the hostages were being loaded into ambulances, sirens singing soft tunes to calm them down as they did. He was keen on keeping his bloodied hand away from everything in general. The blood was rotten and sticky, and he was more than eager to wash it right off. He looked over to Allan, chuckling. "Your second day in and you already had to deal with a Wendigo hostage situation. You either have the best or worst luck I've ever seen, Allan!" Michael chuckled. "I'll say. Seriously, if it were me in your shoes, I would've quit already!" Draven said, resting back against the seat. He glanced out the window, watching as they loaded the freed hostages into ambulances. "They'll be worked on by sirens, right?" Draven asked. "Yeah. They'll work their magic and convince them that what they saw was part of the trauma of the moment. There was no supernatural rotting Wendigo. Just a crazed cannibal man." Tabitha said. Michael pursed his lips, looking over at Allan. "Hey Allan." He said, smiling. "Thank you for not being scared of me. I really mean it." Michael said. Draven chuckled. "I'd say. I'll admit, Allan. You're not a bad kid. You're certainly braver than all of the humans I've worked with. Any of them would've had a breakdown. You took it like a pro." Draven said, giving Allan thumbs up. "Good for you." Tabitha nodded in agreement, humming. "Actually, I think that after reporting ourselves we might end up being sent to be checked out by the doctor for any injuries." Tabitha suggested. "Oh yeah. That would be a good idea, just in case." Draven said, quickly smiling at Allan. "Now that I think of it, you're going to like the doctor. He's half-human!"

(Eyyyyyyy it's my girl, back from VACATIONNNN)

"Probably the worst luck ever." Allan laughed lightly, turning to Draven.

"Quit? Ya, like Evington would let me do that!" Allan punched Draven lightly, Evington, and Michael would kill him if he even tried. 

Allan couldn't quit even if he wanted to. It was in his contract. The human employee contract signs humans away to M&M. If end your service at M&M, your end your life by the hands of monsters themselves. 

Michael got Allan's attention, him turning to Michael. 

"I trust you Michael, and as long as we are partners, I will not let go of the trust I have in you. You watch my back, I'll watch yours. Isn't that what we established before?" Allan said truthfully, smiling back. 

Allan then turned to Draven and Tabitha. 

"I try." that was all he could say to their comments on bravery. 

Allan was not brave, he was probably the most scared out of all of them there during that situation. He had to keep his head up though. 

"Well what is his other half?" Allan then laughed. 

His laugh was interrupted by the Warden opening the door to the van, getting in with Draven, Michael, Allan and Tabitha. 

"Good work you four." The Warden started up the van, pulling out with the rest. 

"Evington is coming back with the chief of police. There were seven people confirmed dead, but for now I'm taking all of you back." she drove out of the way of the apartments and headed back to M&M. 

"Glad to see you alive, Allan." The Warden teased from the rear-view mirror, sticking her tongue out at the him.

Allan rolled his eyes, the crew arriving at M&M shortly. 

"Go get yourselves checked up. Michael, can you show Allan where the infirmary is? Though you look a little more beat up than anyone." Warden got out of the van, directing the other vans to park. 

Edited by Lady Aleister

Michael waved at the Warden. "I'll heal up. I always do." He said casually as they all entered the building, leading Allan to the Infirmary just a few floors down. It was located on the same floor as the Mess Hall, down the hall of the elevator. It had large double doors with the word infirmary on a sign on top. Draven wrapped a playful arm around Allan, smirking to himself. "Oh, you're going to love him." Draven teased as they entered the infirmary. It contained a small waiting room with seats and magazines, a large desk with a tv overhead right next to another pair of doors that led to the examination areas. Behind the desk stood a rather tall man in a doctor's robe, writing some stuff down, the desk only allowing a view of the hips upwards. "Hey, Ryder!" Draven called. The doctor looked up, smiling softly. "Hey guys. I heard the news. Good work out there. I haven't heard about a Wendigo in ages. Should be interesting to dissect once it gets here." Ryder said, setting the pen down. "We came here for a routine check up." Michael said, gesturing to Allan. "Ryder, this is Allan Othello. My partner." "Oh! So this is the human I've been hearing so much about." Ryder said as he began to walk around the desk. However, it didn't sound like footsteps. As Ryder stepped out from behind the reception counter, it revealed his body below the waist, the body of a horse, with hooves and everything. Draven smirked at Allan. "Ryder here is half-centaur." Draven mused. "Yes. Mother was a centaur, father a human. It's nice to see some human diversity among our staff. It's nice to meet you, Allan." Ryder said, walking over as he shook Allan's hand, all while standing taller than all of them at a height of 6 feet and 6 inches. "I'll check you guys up. Come right in." Ryder said, gesturing to the examination area. "May I wash up a bit?" Michael asked. Ryder nodded. "Of course. Come along." Ryder said, taking them back for a basic check up while Michael washed the blood off. "Let's check you up first, Allan." Ryder offered.

---

Imagine him with normal doctor clothes instead of armor

Kawapaper_Shining_Force_0000001_1200x900

"Bodies heal Michael, but minds don't. Remember that." The warden smiled at him and waved them off.

"So you better remember that...especially with that boy of yours," she said this to herself, sighing and lighting a cigarette and walking back inside with everybody else. 

--

Allan didn't really get the big deal about this doctor until he stood up and actually walked over to them. Ryder was a centaur. Allan almost had to get on his toes in order to shake hands with Ryder.

"Nice to meet you, sir." Allan's eyes were sparkling, a small smile on his face.

But as soon as Ryder said he had to get checked up, he tried not to show signs of refusal. Why did he have to do this again? Because the Warden said so. 

It only took about 10 minutes but he wasn't really thrilled. He only had a couple of scratches, but Ryden took care of him excellently. Allan walked out in no time with a lollipop in his mouth, directing Draven back there. In about an hour, after everybody waited for each other to get done, the group left Ryder. Draven and Tabitha split from Michael and Allan, leaving them be for a while. 

(Now Michael and give Allan the present <3

Ryder watched as the group walked away as lively as they had come in. He chuckled. "Been a while since we had a human...he should do well here." Ryder said, frowning momentarily. "Michael...be careful with this one." Ryder hummed, looking up as the doors opened to reveal a group dragging a covered body in a stretcher. "We've brought the Wendigo corpse." One of them said. "Wonderful. Please, right this way. No time to waste." Ryder said as he walked back in. As Draven and Tabitha waved goodbye and went their own way to write out their reports, Michael turned to look at Allan. "Allan! Come by my room real quick. I have something to show you." Michael said. He didn't even wait, quickly leading Allan to his dorm. He had Allan wait outside as Michael hurried inside, only to step right back out while hiding something behind his back. "When I heard we were receiving a human, I thought you might want something to familiarize yourself with what we might encounter before actually facing them so..." Michael said, pulling a large book out from his back, handing it to Allan. It was large, thick and filled with descriptions and pictures alike. On it, in large letters it read; 'MYTH & LEGENDS: THE SUPERNATURAL ENCYCLOPEDIA'. "This one contains the most accurate information in a brief manner. Should help out to remember the basic weaknesses and strengths of your allies, and possibly, enemies." Michael said with a smile, his eyes glistening at Allan. "Well? Do you like it? I figured it might be useful."