Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Sign in to follow this  
Nweintraub

How to make fan-made rosters

If this is in the wrong category, feel free to put it in what you feel is the right one.

Now, on to the topic of choice. You know how some people make fandom rosters, & post them on YouTube, like one of these?

https://youtu.be/AVf5lvylp9Y

Well, I'd like to learn how to make my own (perhaps multiple) to entertain myself.

I think that Caddicarus had the best example of a fan-made roster for anything.

Here's some specific points that I really appreciated from his list that I think would work really well for presenting a roster.

1) Talk or use a voice synthesizer. Text kills a video, and no one clicks onto a video to read. I click on videos and tend to click away.
2) If you set up rules, follow them and make no exceptions.
3) Give specific reasons for every pick. If it's a game like Dissidia or Smash, then try to develop how that character would play. If you're thinking more WWE games, then I don't feel the gameplay aspect is necessary.
4) Don't be afraid to say that someone should have to be unlocked to play.
5) If you're developing a full roster, do state who you're bringing back or who you're leaving out.

I think that Caddicarus had the best example of a fan-made roster for anything.

Here's some specific points that I really appreciated from his list that I think would work really well for presenting a roster.

1) Talk or use a voice synthesizer. Text kills a video, and no one clicks onto a video to read. I click on videos and tend to click away.

2) If you set up rules, follow them and make no exceptions.

3) Give specific reasons for every pick. If it's a game like Dissidia or Smash, then try to develop how that character would play. If you're thinking more WWE games, then I don't feel the gameplay aspect is necessary.

4) Don't be afraid to say that someone should have to be unlocked to play.

5) If you're developing a full roster, do state who you're bringing back or who you're leaving out.

Those are some nice tips, but what I'm trying to get at, is that I want to know what kind of program/app they use so I can use it too.

Those are some nice tips, but what I'm trying to get at, is that I want to know what kind of program/app they use so I can use it too.

In that case, I use Adobe Premiere. I think most YouTubers who do massive editing use Sony Vegas. Maybe some After Effects too.