Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Sign in to follow this  
Damnedsam666

Revisiting Xehanort's voice actor dilemma (As of Feb 2018)

X  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Who should take over for Leonard Nimoy as Master Xehanort?

• Christopher Lloyd*****
    • Scott Glenn****
    • Sam Witwer***
    • Fred Tatasciore**
    • Corey Burton*
    • Jim Cummings
    • Troy Baker
    • Dwight Schultz
    • Ben Diskin (Young Xehanort in DDD)
    • No one, make him a mute character

Hey y'all,

New to KH13. In no way new to the franchise though! But anyways, I run a very small scale Youtube page just for fun (http://www.youtube.com/c/damnedsam - would love some feedback if you deem it fit) and sometime over the next couple weeks (I upload biweekly due to working full-time), I am planning on filming and ergo planning to put out a video discussing my top 5 picks for voice actors to take over for the late (great) Leonard Nimoy as Master Xehanort. Now, I know this has been a topic before rehashed on multiple occasions, but as we finally have a release YEAR, I thought I would ask again.....And I would love some input! My 5 picks have stars next to them (5* being my top pick). Feel free to add in any thoughts or suggestions that I didn't already previously have.

Obviously, the other choice is that they could just be boring (in my opinion) and just go with Ben Diskin as Young Xehanort or make the character a mute...But for a character with such a voice and presence, I think that would be a real shame....Anyways, cheers!!

Edited by Damnedsam666

Fair enough. The only reason I put Lloyd ahead of him is given Lloyd's experience doing VA for video games and that he's well versed in playing bad guys. But either or would work...I can't think of any other "elderly" actors who could fit the bill, as it were.

I kind of want to pick Sam Witwer just because I like him and I'm curious to hear how he'd pull it off. xD I think the first two options are probably more similar sounding to Leonard Nimoy's Master Xehanort though, so they're probably the better options imo. 

The fact that you put Scott Glenn in this poll at all brings a huge smile to my face! I have always said that Scott Glenn would be the closest fit for Master Xehanort after Mr. Nimoy's untimely passing! Obviously, no one will ever replace the great Leonard Nimoy, but Scott Glenn's voice reminds me of him so much that I would definitely imagine him voicing Xehanort! Watching him as Stick in Daredevil/Defenders, the way he speaks really reminds me of Xehanort, so yes, Scott Glenn is my pick!

Recalling Lloyd as Rasputin in Anastasia, I'm not sure that he can quite reach Nimoy's depth and rasp but feel he could possibly pass. 

I'm not familiar with anyone else who possesses the type of voice needed. 

Edited by Ventus_

This is merely only wishful thinking when I say I would love to hear Peter Cullen as Xehanort. Yes, he is Optimus Prime. But people forget he is a voice actor and is a talented voice actor. I can see him pull off Leonard Nimoy, especially at his current age. Another though is Frank Welker....he did voice Spock in an old Star Trek cartoon once.what other reasons is there other than he is a voice God and is incredibly talented with the range he has.

After looking at this list though, I can TOTALLY see Fred Tetasciore voicing Master Xehanort.

I choose about Scott Gleen, which is the one who was take over for Lenoard Nimoy as the voice of Master Xehanort.

Since Lenoard Nimoy has been Death for a very long time ago and he used the voice actor for Master Xehanort from Birth by Sleep to Dream Drop Distance (Kingdom Hearts 1.5+2.5 HD ReMIX and 2.8 HD Final Chapter Prologue).

And now, they have a new voice for Scott Gleen as the new voice of Master Xehanort and it sounds like Lenoard Nimoy.

You got that?

I choose about Scott Gleen, which is the one who was take over for Lenoard Nimoy as the voice of Master Xehanort.

Since Lenoard Nimoy has been Death for a very long time ago and he used the voice actor for Master Xehanort from Birth by Sleep to Dream Drop Distance (Kingdom Hearts 1.5+2.5 HD ReMIX and 2.8 HD Final Chapter Prologue).

And now, they have a new voice for Scott Gleen as the new voice of Master Xehanort and it sounds like Lenoard Nimoy.

You got that?

Um lol whut

ANYWHO. Thanks to all of you for your input! I'm hoping to film/put up the piece in time to have it up this weekend to coincide with D23 Japan!! Will throw up the link once it's up. Thanks again!

-Sam

On 2/3/2018 at 5:12 PM, Ventus_ said:

Recalling Lloyd as Rasputin in Anastasia, I'm not sure that he can quite reach Nimoy's depth and rasp but feel he could possibly pass. 

I'm not familiar with anyone else who possesses the type of voice needed. 

You just read my mind! In fact, Lloyd did get cast as Old Man Xehanort in Re:Mind!

Ansem the Dark's cameo in this HMV kinda predicted this!