Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter

A strong Heartless or enemy must of had the strength to destroy the Way to the Dawn but i think this is symbolic, for this could mean that Riku has finally finished walking the Road to Dawn and is now passing on that road to another, namely, the Riku who appeared in Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance during Riku's side of Prankster's Paradise, either that or something else entirely.

Edited by Iamkingdomhearts1000

i've been thinking that it could be representing him totally separating himself from the darkness, "the other me can have this" signifying that he's detached himself from the person he used to be and doesn't need to hang on to it anymore. maybe it won't be anything close to that but this was just my first thought when i saw the trailer

i've been thinking that it could be representing him totally separating himself from the darkness, "the other me can have this" signifying that he's detached himself from the person he used to be and doesn't need to hang on to it anymore. maybe it won't be anything close to that but this was just my first thought when i saw the trailer

Maybe but then again, as we all know, when it comes to theories and speculations, the Kingdom Hearts franchise is the king lol :].

When he mentioned his 'other me' I thought he was talking about Riku Replica or something. Lots of other clones are getting a shot at their own existence, so why not him?

I'm kinda bummed he's leaving behind his trademark keyblade. Besides being his trademark, I thought it showed that darkness can (kinda) be used as a force of good. Riku leaving it behind just means KH is falling back into the light = good and dark = evil dichotomy despite talks of darkness supposedly being a necessary force.

A strong Heartless or enemy must of had the strength to destroy the Way to the Dawn but i think this is symbolic, for this could mean that Riku has finally finished walking the Road to Dawn and is now passing on that road to another, namely, the Riku who appeared in Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance during Riku's side of Prankster's Paradise, either that or something else entirely.

I'm still sticking to the idea that that may have been Riku Replica recruited by Young Xehanort some time before his demise, really it's the only thing that makes sense if you want to avoid making ANOTHER alternate Riku (which at this point would just be redundant). I mean Riku already brings up how he once gave into darkness and how he then faced the replica who was made to master the darkness in a similar manner. Well logically speaking there would be no need for Young Xehanort and Ansem to try and recruit DDD Riku if they already have his KH1 self, so the only other possibility left would be recruiting his replica, which works as a good fail-safe in the event that they can't recruit the real thing. Plus as soon as Riku mentioned him, the Memento/Chronicle for Chain of Memories is unlocked, and the same thing happened when Sora saw Vanitas, the Birth by Sleep entry was unlocked. And look what ended up happening, Vanitas is back in the flesh as a recruited seeker. Nothing is set in stone yet, but the likelyhood of Riku Replica being one of the last few yet to be revealed members of the True Organization XIII is looking better and better by the second. And it would make for an interesting story arc too, Riku Replica starting out as one of the members, convinced it's his only purpose left to him, knowing that he's doomed to fight and loose to Riku in his own time, but Riku shows to us how far his arc has come and actually manages to help convince his Replica that he can walk a similar yet unique path, his own road to dawn.

Speaking of Vanitas, am I the only one who thinks it's kind of silly that he's wearing his whole suit and helmet underneath his Organization coat? I get that he was born in it but come on, that just looks a little bit excessive, Ansem doesn't have to wear his suit underneath his coat. How would he even fit that mask underneath that hood anyway, there's no way any cosplayer would be able to get away with that, I can barely get my Roxas wig to retain it's shape under one of those things. Not a big deal or issue, just a little silly in my opinion.

Edited by Hero of Light XIV

I'm still sticking to the idea that that may have been Riku Replica recruited by Young Xehanort some time before his demise, really it's the only thing that makes sense if you want to avoid making ANOTHER alternate Riku (which at this point would just be redundant). I mean Riku already brings up how he once gave into darkness and how he then faced the replica who was made to master the darkness in a similar manner. Well logically speaking there would be no need for Young Xehanort and Ansem to try and recruit DDD Riku if they already have his KH1 self, so the only other possibility left would be recruiting his replica, which works as a good fail-safe in the event that they can't recruit the real thing. Plus as soon as Riku mentioned him, the Memento/Chronicle for Chain of Memories is unlocked, and the same thing happened when Sora saw Vanitas, the Birth by Sleep entry was unlocked. And look what ended up happening, Vanitas is back in the flesh as a recruited seeker. Nothing is set in stone yet, but the likelyhood of Riku Replica being one of the last few yet to be revealed members of the True Organization XIII is looking better and better by the second.

Speaking of Vanitas, am I the only one who thinks it's kind of silly that he's wearing his whole suit and helmet underneath his Organization coat? I get that he was born in it but come on, that just looks a little bit excessive, Ansem doesn't have to wear his suit underneath his coat. How would he even fit that mask underneath that hood anyway, there's no way any cosplayer would be able to get away with that, I can barely get my Roxas wig to retain it's shape under one of those things. Not a big deal or issue, just a little silly in my opinion.

I think they are just wearing the Black Coats to symbolize that they are members of the 13 Seekers of Darkness.

The other him huh? Anybody think maybe our heroes are time travelling or something? Like Riku and Mickey go to the past in the realm of darkness to get Aqua immediately after the ending of 0.2 so she doesn't get swallowed by darkness. Then Riku leaves his old Keyblade there for his past/younger self to begin the walk to the road to dawn? I know its a crazy theory.

I mentioned the same thing in another thread and I even questioned why he's wearing the helmet even though we know what he looks like. Unless of course he no longer looks like evil Sora.

When he mentioned his 'other me' I thought he was talking about Riku Replica or something. Lots of other clones are getting a shot at their own existence, so why not him?

I'm kinda bummed he's leaving behind his trademark keyblade. Besides being his trademark, I thought it showed that darkness can (kinda) be used as a force of good. Riku leaving it behind just means KH is falling back into the light = good and dark = evil dichotomy despite talks of darkness supposedly being a necessary force.

I think you're missing the higher symbolism in that Riku has turned his darkness into light. The Way to Dawn is not only broken, but it no longer serves its purpose because Riku has completed his Road to Dawn. Riku has come a long way and he serves as a defender of the light. He needs a new Keyblade to represent that. Way to Dawn only held significance for KH2 Riku and his finalization as a Keyblade Master in DDD.

To be honest I think the scene is just pure for the trailers to make you question what's going to happen any other person would just say to Mickey right away what he means. But I hope it's more symbolic that he has changed and now has COMPLETLY moved on from the darkness I do wonder... What Keyblade will he get now? and what Heartless or magic can destroy a Keyblade? Birth By sleep the X-Blade exploded but that was really it AND THAT WAS A NUKE but well the most powerful nuke in KH:)
Sora cut buildings in half and more with his keyblade, Roxas threw his keyblade at Twilight Thorn when he hrowed his magic spirit bomb thing at him and the Keyblade had no scratch... Or has the Keyblade more connections to the person than we originaly knew.

Edited by AwesomeKHfan

I mentioned the same thing in another thread and I even questioned why he's wearing the helmet even though we know what he looks like. Unless of course he no longer looks like evil Sora.

I feel like it's mostly meant to be used so that when he does reveal his face to Sora, it really freaks him out (since for all we know he just kind of wrote off seeing his face in DDD as some sort of "illusion" or something). Then again, they could have just kept his hood on and his Keyblade is enough of a tease for us, plus his lines would already give away who he is. But I guess we'll just have to wait until later before we see where this choice is going, it could be that everyone in Org XIII ditches their robes in the final battle and each have their own outfit to fight in, though I kind of doubt it.

I think they are just wearing the Black Coats to symbolize that they are members of the 13 Seekers of Darkness.

I know but usually whenever someone is wearing that coat, they're designed to look as though they aren't wearing anything under it apart from the pants, shoes, and gloves. Even when Riku and Mickey are revealed to have been wearing new clothes underneath the whole time, their coat models are still designed to suggest that they aren't wearing much underneath those. My best guess is that the coats have a certain magic effect to them similar to how DiZ's bandages disguise his true identity or Riku's blindfold suppresses his Ansem form, where once you put one on, it "hides away" whatever clothing you're wearing underneath so that you feel more comfortable in it. Once you remove the coat, the clothes you "hid" return to you as if they never left.

TLDR: The coats are probably magic.

Which begs the question as to why Vanitas' bodysuit is STILL underneath it. This is the one instance where a different set of clothes are visible underneath someone's coat, which kind of brings the theory I suggested to question. Either it's possible to just kind of circumnavigate that magic if it's desired, or they just simply wanted to completely disguise and obscure Vanitas' true identity and for some reason didn't want to just keep his hood on. In any event, I guess we'll learn in time.