Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Trey Wickesser

SORA SHOULD KNOW MARLUXIA BECAUSE HE GOT ROXAS MEMORIES!

ok while i personally will let it slide for now as we do not have too much DETAIL as to what happened EXACTLY but sora was shown to have gotten roxas memories at the end of dream drop distance so he should know marluxia even if just barely sense he left soon after roxas joined the organization. the other thing to mention is that this has not been brought up sense he got the memories sense the only game we have after dream drop distance is 0.2 and that focused on aqua so again we do not have details on what he got from roxas.

I find the way Sora acts so dumb for not remembering some characters to be getting ridiculously old.

Sora regained his memories of Roxas in the events of Dream Drop Distance and he felt all of the organization way of living; laughing, grieving and all the different emotions that prove that they have hearts, and since he got all of those memories then Marluxia’s appearance and introduction to Roxas should’ve been there too

Not to mention that Sora has fought him twice as a silhouette and a data, they might be unfortunately be considered uncanon true, but the simple fact that his information was added on Jimminy’s Journal even in the original KHII makes Sora’s excuse for not remembering him to feel stupid and annoying not mention how illogical it seems

I find the way Sora acts so dumb for not remembering some characters to be getting ridiculously old.

Sora regained his memories of Roxas in the events of Dream Drop Distance and he felt all of the organization way of living; laughing, grieving and all the different emotions that prove that they have hearts, and since he got all of those memories then Marluxia’s appearance and introduction to Roxas should’ve been there too

Not to mention that Sora has fought him twice as a silhouette and a data, they might be unfortunately be considered uncanon true, but the simple fact that his information was added on Jimminy’s Journal even in the original KHII makes Sora’s excuse for not remembering him to feel stupid and annoying not mention how illogical it seems

ok to be honest i feel you are being a bit harsh.to start the only thing i think is WORTH viewing as evidence is roxas memories as absent silhouettes and data battle as you said are considered non canon and in my opinion should be viewed as such. as for the journal correct me if i am wrong but you only get those entry's from beating the silhouettes and are not in the organial kh2. and too be fair NOBODY is talking about this and YouTube or Facebook as i dought anybody remembers that cut-scene(i did because i was thinking of ways to brink back roxas and xion and got to this.)

Well just because he has Roxas memories doesn't mean he remembers meeting Marluxia he knows what memories are his and what are Roxas' 

I don't think Roxas pretty much cared about Marluxia.  I mean, Marluxia and Roxas only had like a few missions together in 358/2 Days and the two weren't exactly close.  Roxas probably still had a childlike personality before Axel and the others were sent to Castle Oblivion in COM.  So, Roxas would probably have a vague recollection of Marluxia since he only met him a few times and wasn't exactly up to date like the other members.

ok to be honest i feel you are being a bit harsh.to start the only thing i think is WORTH viewing as evidence is roxas memories as absent silhouettes and data battle as you said are considered non canon and in my opinion should be viewed as such. as for the journal correct me if i am wrong but you only get those entry's from beating the silhouettes and are not in the organial kh2. and too be fair NOBODY is talking about this and YouTube or Facebook as i dought anybody remembers that cut-scene(i did because i was thinking of ways to brink back roxas and xion and got to this.)

Even if Silhouettes and data were non canon, Sora could stil get all the information of the organization on his journal through the story in the original Kingdom Hearts II and u could find reasonable information from each member and r reasonable enough for him to remember Marluxia when he appears in front of him.

I don’t consider ignoring data and silhouettes to be a good movement from the team but that’s my opinion, I find it totally ridiculous to jump into different fights from different remaining memories of the organization to end up not remembering them afterwards.

They have got no excuse for such thing so far because even if none of the above worked, which would be weird, we would still have Roxas’s memories and at least if not all of them, it would be just his beginning as an organization member but guess what? Even there, Marluxia was at the beginning tutoring Roxas about the basics.

So it’s simoky obvious that they forgot such information unless they are bringing up more excuses

Edited by Master Keeper

Like Felixx said, I always perceived the whole Roxas Sora exchange back in DDD as Sora getting a glimpse into the emotion and pain that Roxas went though. It would be overzealous to assume that Sora had went through a "memory transfer". 

They have got no excuse for such thing so far because even if none of the above worked, which would be weird, we would still have Roxas’s memories and at least if not all of them, it would be just his beginning as an organization member but guess what? Even there, Marluxia was at the beginning tutoring Roxas about the basics.

So it’s simoky obvious that they forgot such information unless they are bringing up more excuses

Any proof for that? Cause until you can post some there is no plothole at all.

I've rewatch the scene, and the memories Sora does see are only from Roxas time in (data) Twilight Town. (Including his dreams).

EDIT: After looking in DDD reports I found this. Roxas took Sora's hand, and all the hurt he had suffered lanced through Sora's memory. 
So maybe Roxas only showed how and by who he got hurt. Which does not include Marluxia. 

Edited by Connected

Roxas had maybe One Training mission with Maluxia back when he was acting like a “zombie” close to his Birth. I can’t remember the waiters name who served me dinner last night, So why would he make a mental note on a guy he spent maybe less then one day with? Sora would know more of him from Castle Oblivion but Naminè took that out.

1 Sora might not have read the journal

2 Sora could have easily forgotten the data marluxia fight in kh2

3 they never confirmed that sora got roxas’ memories, only his grief

4 Roxas didn’t come in contact with marluxia since he was no longer a zombie, he probably forgot his training mission with marluxia anyway

Edited by itsssdante Campregher

Based on Roxas' memories, Sora would still barely know him. Roxas had like two missions with Marluxia, and the two did not have a relationship. Sora might have seen Marluxia in a brief glimpse of Roxas' memories but I doubt he knows anything about him, because Roxas barely knows him. This makes me curious if Sora will ever regain his memories of Chain of Memories. It seems Marluxia still has his memories intact so he wasn't effected by Namine's memory magic. He may be one of the few people to remember Organization XIII once has a 14th if his memories are not tampered with.

9 minutes ago, SweetYetSalty said:

Based on Roxas' memories, Sora would still barely know him. Roxas had like two missions with Marluxia, and the two did not have a relationship. Sora might have seen Marluxia in a brief glimpse of Roxas's memories but I doubt he knows anything about him, because Roxas barely knows him. This makes me curious if Sora will ever regain his memories of Chain of Memories. It seems Marluxia still has his memories intact so he wasn't effected by Namine's memory magic. He may be one of the few people to remember Organization XIII once has a 14th if his memories are not tampered with.

I can probably imagine Marluxia and Larxene kidnapping and holding Namine hostage again.  They could cause him to remember his time at Castle Oblivion, which he made a deal with Namine to forget.  So, if Sora does remember Marluxia and Larxene, it's likely something he didn't want to remember but was forced to remember.