Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Sign in to follow this  
Aquaberry

High quality images from the latest Kingdom Hearts III trailers and character renders are released; Riku's new Keyblade revealed

Riku's new keyblade reminds me of Fenrir, I kinda like the simplicity, was never a fan of Way to Dawn, it was just soul eater with a random Wing tacked on to make it key shaped

Besides its probably for the best he ditches it, just in case a certain someone is watching

I didn't care for Way to Dawn too much, but looking at Riku's new keyblade....it's a rather chunky/clunky design. I know it's meant to look like an actual modern key (imo it actually looks like your average car key *laughs*) and I'm just going to say it here: modern keys in Kingdom Hearts don't look that great. I prefer the more fantastical keyblade designs of the past, to be completely honest.

Edited by khdayskh1314

I don't know I don't think that could be Riku's new Keyblade, but it could be I don't know it just looks like the most laziest design of any of the Keyblades like it feels like some kind of a placeholder of a Keybalde, but with that in mind why wouldn't they just use the Way to Dawn Keyblade.  I'm just on the fence about this keyblade is all.  The renders of all these characters and all these scenes are amazing I can't wait for more.

Wow, just when I thought that Master Riku couldn’t get a car key, unproved me wrong. How creative Nomura, is this the level of creativity that we have reached on keyblade designs? It looks like a Fenrir wannabe with car key decorations and it doesn’t even represent or reflect Riku’a personality whatsoever

I hope we could at least switch to Soul Eater, because I won’t be able to bare such car keyblade with boring design

Edited by Master Keeper

Okay so while Im not sure about Rikus new Keyblade, something tells me the hilt will have features to it, We cant really see the hilt or Keychain so Im not judging the look until a full model is shown.  Who knows, it might be a placeholder for the new one he gets in KH 3.  We wont know until we see what happens in KH 3. 

The hate is strong here.. Has the KH fanbase come so far? Keyblades never had really complex designs. But I think some of you are never satisfied, let it be like the old one and never change anything. I guess Nomura should keep that in mind for KH4.

The hate is strong here.. Has the KH fanbase come so far? Keyblades never had really complex designs. But I think some of you are never satisfied, let it be like the old one and never change anything. I guess Nomura should keep that in mind for KH4.

It's not that people want it remain the same. But More So the fact the new one looks so plain I bet I could start my car with it.

Remember guys, Riku's Keyblade looks plain (which I love), but with Nomura, you never know what this blade's gonna do. It could have some kind of transformation similar to Sora's.

Edited by -Justin-

It's not that people want it remain the same. But More So the fact the new one looks so plain I bet I could start my car with it.

Is it really wrong that a "key"blade looks like a (car) key? ^^

Considering how unique Way to Dawn was, I'd say it's very strange to say the least.

Every keyblade is unique, especially because every keyblade has unique abilities.

Maybe there is a background story behind this one, we don't know yet.

Also it looks similar to Fenrir, which is why it is strange to say that Nomura runs out of ideas. Such a design isn't new in the KH universe.

Every keyblade is unique, especially because every keyblade has unique abilities.

Maybe there is a background story behind this one, we don't know yet.

Also it looks similar to Fenrir, which is why it is strange to say that Nomura runs out of ideas. Such a design isn't new in the KH universe.

It's just fairly plain. I wouldn't even say it symbolizes his newfound powers as a Master and returning to the light.