Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Joey Mancini

'Link'ing up with Friends Past

Because of how Sora is holding his hand to his heart like how TVA would in BBS when they would use 'Link' I'm almost thinking the Ariel animation is a glimpse into how the new Link style will work. I believe because Ariel was specifically shown off it could be a reference to other past friends returning to lend their aid to Sora and Co. Thoughts?

post-73716-0-18743200-1518460658_thumb.png

Edited by Joey Mancini

It seems like it is based on the D-Link system from Birth By Sleep mixed with the traditional Summoning system from KH1 and KH2 (I guess technically with Re:CoM also in terms of how you technically need to "summon" your friends into battle). So maybe it is closer to how D-Linking works where Sora relies on his connection to all of his friends out there, but instead of accessing their abilities he actually summons them, and like in KH2 it's through the use of charms or something, so they don't have to be summon gems or their world didn't have to be destroyed like in KH1. It looks like it's essentially a culmination of every style of "summoning" the series has had to offer so far.

I'm hoping that that's the way of involving past characters/worlds instead of rehashing them for (some) a third time. It's only logical to think Sora could obtain the power to summon any friends he's encountered in the past

I remember Nomura mentioning some mixing between both Summon and D-Link in last interviews, and here is is! “Link” at last!

I do agree with how it represents Sora’s link to all of his past friends and party members.

As much it saddens me to see those classical characters to turn into Links rather than having their own worlds to visit, but I do understand the circumstances and I would love to see many different classical and modern Disney characters like:

- Jack Skellington (represents dark element) (not to mention that the world is already confirmed to not to return in KHIII)

- Bolt (represents electricity element) (new character from new movie)

- Mulan (represents fire element) (no reason for the return of Land of Dragons cuz Mulan II isn’t worth bringing to be honest)

- Olaf/Elsa (represents blizzard/ice element) (highly wanted movie for KHIII and it would be cool to have a Link from it after finishing the world)

Since Ariel represents the water element, then it would be interesting to have other characters with different elements similar to Final Fantasy summons except with Disney characters :D