Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
DemyxIsBest

NINE Disney Worlds in KH3?!

Good day folks, for my first post in more than 6 months, I bring to you this:

I was reading about KH3 in Wikipedia and then I stumbled upon this snippet of information that I had not yet read.

post-53302-0-60086800-1518613213_thumb.png

The final paragraph of the first section about D23 2018 clearly states that the development of KH3’s world’s are split into 3 cycles with APPROX. 3 Worlds in each one. I frowned, there was only going to be 9 Worlds in KH3? So I followed the citation to a GameSpot article.

post-53302-0-64320600-1518613227_thumb.png

This sheds more light on it. There are 3 cycles each with 3 Worlds, but there are not 9 Worlds total. To me, I believe that this means there will be 9 Disney Worlds IN ADDITION to other Kingdom Hearts exclusive worlds, i.e. Radiant Garden, Twilight Town etc.

To me, this seems a little more reasonable as they stated the 0.2 BBS game in 2.8 would be equal in length and size to a KH3 world. That took around 3 hours so 3x9 PLUS the other KH worlds they decide to throw in seems a decent amount of playtime for the game.

One thing that does slightly worry me is that they haven’t finished any of the 3 world development cycles less than 12 months before the release of the game. However, I have learnt to take what developers say with a pinch of salt and perhaps the 60% they have done of Cycle 2 is the base development and the other 40% will take much less time to complete.

This is all speculation, though. Any opinions?

P.S. I apologise if this has already been mentioned and I missed it.

Edited by DemyxIsBest

It has been stated that KHIII has the largest team of modellers in the franchise, so I wouldn't worry about rate of completion.

Also, it was stated that KH0.2 was going to be as large as a KHIII world, but due to added content it actually ended up becoming BIGGER than an average KHIII world, so we don't know if KH0.2 is much of a measuring tool here.

They’re practically done with the first cycle so everyone that was working on that is probably going to work on other two cycles soon which means development is going to go a lot faster. Also, they have the biggest team at Square as of right now so I wouldn’t be worried about the game being ready in time. I was also thinking there were going to be around 9 disney worlds in the game. We already have 5 confirmed, I’m expecting Frozen at E3, so that’s 6 and then I expect them to reveal maybe one or two new worlds at PGW or TGS and maybe another returning world after that so...8-9 disney worlds in total makes sense. The only problem is that there are probably going to be around 7 original worlds in KH3 (Twilight Town, Mysterious Tower, Radiant Garden, Dark World, Castle Oblivion, « Cable Town » or wherever YX and Xehanort are in the beginning of the game and the final world are probably going to be in the game). So that’s A LOT of worlds (15-16) and if they’re as big as I think they are I don’t see how this can work...Nomura did say the game was overwhelmingly big though.

Edited by PrinceNoctis

9 disney worlds you say ... okay lets see,

1) Mount Olympus (Hercules 1997)

2) Kingdom Of Corona (Tangled 2010)

3) Sanfransokyo (Big Hero 6 2014)

4) Galaxy Toys (Toy Story 1995, 1999, 2010, 2019)

5) Monstropolis (Monster's Inc 2001,2013) 

and for the rest 

6) Arendelle (Frozen)

7) GAME CENTRAL (Wreck it Ralph)

8) The Jungle Book (Was meant to be in BBS)

9) Treasure Planet (Was meant to be in DDD)

Good day folks, for my first post in more than 6 months, I bring to you this:

I was reading about KH3 in Wikipedia and then I stumbled upon this snippet of information that I had not yet read.

attachicon.gif3495D8B8-CB82-47BA-9002-B889F1B25F8B.png

The final paragraph of the first section about D23 2018 clearly states that the development of KH3’s world’s are split into 3 cycles with APPROX. 3 Worlds in each one. I frowned, there was only going to be 9 Worlds in KH3? So I followed the citation to a GameSpot article.

attachicon.gif4F986419-04AC-4DC8-BBBF-DFF9C4E47759.png

This sheds more light on it. There are 3 cycles each with 3 Worlds, but there are not 9 Worlds total. To me, I believe that this means there will be 9 Disney Worlds IN ADDITION to other Kingdom Hearts exclusive worlds, i.e. Radiant Garden, Twilight Town etc.

To me, this seems a little more reasonable as they stated the 0.2 BBS game in 2.8 would be equal in length and size to a KH3 world. That took around 3 hours so 3x9 PLUS the other KH worlds they decide to throw in seems a decent amount of playtime for the game.

One thing that does slightly worry me is that they haven’t finished any of the 3 world development cycles less than 12 months before the release of the game. However, I have learnt to take what developers say with a pinch of salt and perhaps the 60% they have done of Cycle 2 is the base development and the other 40% will take much less time to complete.

This is all speculation, though. Any opinions?

P.S. I apologise if this has already been mentioned and I missed it.

You missed the line where it says “this doesn’t mean there will be nine worlds”. There could be more and the article said approximately three world. There could be more.

It has been stated that KHIII has the largest team of modellers in the franchise, so I wouldn't worry about rate of completion.

Also, it was stated that KH0.2 was going to be as large as a KHIII world, but due to added content it actually ended up becoming BIGGER than an average KHIII world, so we don't know if KH0.2 is much of a measuring tool here.

If anything I would say that 0.2 is  about 1/3 of a KH3 world if they are really as big as they say

9 disney worlds you say ... okay lets see,

1) Mount Olympus (Hercules 1997)

2) Kingdom Of Corona (Tangled 2010)

3) Sanfransokyo (Big Hero 6 2014)

4) Galaxy Toys (Toy Story 1995, 1999, 2010, 2019)

5) Monstropolis (Monster's Inc 2001,2013) 

and for the rest 

6) Arendelle (Frozen)

7) GAME CENTRAL (Wreck it Ralph)

8) The Jungle Book (Was meant to be in BBS)

9) Treasure Planet (Was meant to be in DDD)

The ship could still be Pirates of the Caribbean.

It will be PotC or Treasure Planet I think PotC will return.

Well i'm okay With 9 Disney Worlds i mean so Far we got 5 Worlds so far with only One Disney World Returning and 4 More Spots to fill in i mean i thought there was going to be more Disney Worlds for KH3 but Nomura said less Disney Worlds so 9 Disney Worlds should be good and i think...

4: Wreck-it-Ralph

3: Jungle Book

2: Atlantis 

and 

1: Treasure Planet.

Well I'm pretty sure that Olympus is finished at this point with Galaxy Toys coming 2nd. 

Monsters Inc Monstropolis needs a bit more polishing so about 90% complete.

We don't know yet about the amount of worlds, so it will be exciting to see what the rest will be. 

What do you think remains as Disney worlds for the game?

Edited by IwasBornAsVentus

Am I the only one that doesn't want Jungle Book in KH? I mean it could be a nice world but there are others far more exciting story-wise IMO. I would gladly accept films like Brave or Atlantis rather than the Jungle Book TBH. Seeing as for how they're aiming to 3D Films rather than 2D (Olympus being the only one so far), I would say:

1.- Olympus Colisseum

2.- Kingdom of Corona

3.- Galaxy Toys

4.- Monstropolis

5.- San Fransokyo

6.- Treasure Planet

7.- Frozen

8.- Atlantis/ Pocahontas

9.- Wreck-It-Ralph

10.- Brave (Optional Bet)

And as other person said we complete the list with around 5-7 original worlds which makes the game quite all worthwhile the wait.

I doubt we will see jungle-themed world because it would look too similar to Tangled.

I think the remaining worlds are Wreck-it Ralph, Aladdin, Treasure Planet, Frozen and a fifth world that could be anything. I tend to believe it's a more water-themed world (Finding Nemo, PotC, etc.).

Nah I'd rather have a real jungle themed world than another forest, or Pixar world. I mean wouldn't it be at least refreshing to have one property from 50s to 60s Disney canon. They could always come up with their own story but I honestly want to at least see 1 animal focused world in the game.

As for Pixar I think we have enough with TS & MI.

You missed the line where it says “this doesn’t mean there will be nine worlds”. There could be more and the article said approximately three world. There could be more.

This is why I refer to nine DISNEY Worlds rather than total Worlds, as I believe this line of thinking fits the statement.

I'm confident that this game will end up having enough worlds so that we can enjoy the story and gameplay each offers, and as Nomura had said, three stages doesn't mean that there will be just 9 worlds in total. I believe the game will end up having at least 14 to 16 worlds, that way it'd be almost on par with KHII or one world above KHII, ya know? And given the sheer mass of the team working on Kingdom Hearts III, I'm sure all will be able to be done by the time the game releases, I'm confident in it to be so! :D