Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter

For me it's the best song, probably because I can't hear Simple and Clean/Sanctuary anymore. ^^

Don't Think Twice is different from these two and fits Kingdom Hearts at the same time. Can't wait for the full song and the CGI intro (maybe with a remix?).

At first I was like "It's pretty good." I was not in love with it or anything but it was good for what it was. But then it did get stuck in my head and it's really growing on me and I really hope we get to hear the whole thing really soon cause it's hard to completely judge something that only has half of it out.

I loved the song from the very first time I heard it! It gave me goosebumps, and after seeing the theme song trailer, I said to myself: "Dang, this song really fits Kingdom Hearts III!" And if you think about it, it really does fit the game, as the theme has that air of closure to it, that solemn but at the same time hopeful tone to it! It's a bittersweet song, and it encompasses all the struggles our beloved characters have been through, all that they've suffered thanks to Xehanort! But now that things are about to head to a final battle, the horizon looks bleak, and there's no way of telling what the casualties will be when all is said and done. So this song is perfect at capturing that calm before the storm feeling, that feeling of sorrow yet hope that there will be light at the end of the darkness!

I swear, I really wanna hear this song play in the intro as it is. I find that it doesn't need a remix. The emotional vibe it has is more than enough to carry an amazingly feels inducing intro! If there's a remix, then okay, cool! But I really wanna see the intro to KHIII be put with this song in the state it's in, ya know?

i've been following Utada Hikaru actually since I first heard Sanctuary, and after her hiatus for almost 6 years, I was losing hope she'd be involved at all with the KH franchise given all the copyright issues she faced on S&C / Sanctuary with Disney, so I'm glad she was invited to make the 3rd theme. But seeing her music evolve over the years, I can't say I dislike Don't Think Twice / Chikai given the direction of her music currently, which has involved a fusion of rock, jazz and r&b added with a touch of progressiveness.

I think people just need to wait til they hear the full version of Don't Think Twice / Chikai to make a full judgement because her last few singles have had surprising twists, evolving in sound as you listen to the tracks. "Oozora de Dakishime te (大空で抱きしめて)" is a perfect example, going from a gentle synthy pop to a song with a heavy bass and beat. Same with "Anata (あなた)" being a jazz-R&B fusion.

In comparing with S&C and Sanctuary, her music style's changed dramatically over the themes. Hikari / S&C was during her initial experimental phase, when she started to get out of her R&B roots and into a more experimental pop genre. Passion / Sanctuary was probably during her phase of highest production (ULTRA BLUE), an extension of the album that gave us Hikari (DEEP RIVER), getting into a synth-rock-dance fusion. Her latest genres have been in rock, jazz and R&B, and have included more live-played instruments vs. synthesized sounds as heard in Hikari and Passion, so her style's a bit more raw now too imo, lending to the simplicity of what we've heard so far of Don't Think Twice and Chikai.