Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
SRKTVAMDGRLXN

Atlantica CONFIRMED to be in KH3? For real?

Hey there, everybody, how are you doing? So, um, in this latest Famitsu article posted and translated here, on this site, there was a part which said about D-Links and then this article mentions Ariel and Meow Wow. If I remember correctly, D-Links, unlike summons, only let you borrow powers from those which you make a bond with in a specific world, right? Also also, D-Links are only available if you visit a certain world, arent' they? For example: Zack became a D-Link for Terra, Ventus and Aqua only because they visited Olympus Coliseum. Unlike Summons, which gives you the power to call a character and he/she aids you in combat, not necessarily meaning we visit their worlds. So, unless Square Enix has decided to change the Summons slot in the command menu to D-Link, could this mean Atlantica MIGHT return in KH3? Remember: we can only obtain a D-Link if we visit that character's world.

Anyway, what are your opinions, everyone? Could this simply be an error from Famitsu or do you think there might be more to it than we can see? Am I dreaming too much?

Just because Ariel is a Link dosen't mean Atlantica Won't be in Kingdom Hearts III we had enough of Atlantica especially the Singing Minigames no More Replace that With Atlantis: The Lost Empire.

Amen to this. Last time I checked, summons were of characters that didn’t have a world or something to that degree vis a vis KH2. There is no Atlantica world at all. I am on board with Atlantis completely.

It's almost like people forgot what the point of summons really where. They were a way to incorporate properties that they weren't able to make worlds for. Summons who have worlds in the game are the outlier. Genie and Tink in KH1 and then Genie again in KH2. And Stitch makes a story cameo in KH2.

In other words, with at most 5 Disney spots left there's no way they're gonna waste a spot on Atlantica. Sora summoning Ariel is just a callback to one of his major allies. Wouldn't be surprised if Jack Skellington gets a summon since I don't expect Halloweentown to return either. 

I think she's just a summon... I HOPE she's just a summon. I didn't mind Atlantica, but I'd rather they put 100% into new Disney worlds and content in the worlds that have already been confirmed.

Just because Ariel appears as a summon doesn't mean that she's going to be back in her world in this game. That's like saying that because Simba was in KHI, people might have thought that the Pride Lands would be in KHI, ya know?

No, I just think that Ariel will just be a summon, just like Simba was in KHI and Peter Pan in KHII. Previous characters returning as summons is probably expected. If Halloweentown doesn't return, I'll be happy with at least a Jack Skellington summon, ya know?

Guys, you are missing my point. What I'm trying to say is that Atlantica MIGHT return as a world in KH3 because Ariel appears as a D-Link in the Famitsu translated issue (they named it that). You're all talking about Ariel being a summon, while the article says that she is a D-Link. Last time I checked, D-Links are only available if we visit that specific character's world, you understand? What is really confusing is if Square decided to change the Summons slot name to D-Link or, if they will mix Summons + D-Links to create something new in KH3.

Guys, you are missing my point. What I'm trying to say is that Atlantica MIGHT return as a world in KH3 because Ariel appears as a D-Link in the Famitsu translated issue (they named it that). You're all talking about Ariel being a summon, while the article says that she is a D-Link. Last time I checked, D-Links are only available if we visit that specific character's world, you understand? What is really confusing is if Square decided to change the Summons slot name to D-Link or, if they will mix Summons + D-Links to create something new in KH3.

Yeah I don't really know what they are doing. I personally think they are combining the two. They are probably changing the rules a little bit. Plus, I don't know how accurate Famitsu is.

Guys, you are missing my point. What I'm trying to say is that Atlantica MIGHT return as a world in KH3 because Ariel appears as a D-Link in the Famitsu translated issue (they named it that). You're all talking about Ariel being a summon, while the article says that she is a D-Link. Last time I checked, D-Links are only available if we visit that specific character's world, you understand? What is really confusing is if Square decided to change the Summons slot name to D-Link or, if they will mix Summons + D-Links to create something new in KH3.

No one is missing the point. The difference is in BBS none of the trio has ever been to another world before. So of course they had to visit them first before getting the D-Links.

Sora has already been to Atlantica and met Ariel, just like he has already met Meow Wow, thus it is not mandatory for him to meet them again. Both are already in his heart which, according to the Famitsu article, is all it needs for these new Links to get activated.

(P.S. writing more than half of your post with bold text is not necessary to get your point across.)

No one is missing the point. The difference is in BBS none of the trio has ever been to another world before. So of course they had to visit them first before getting the D-Links.

Sora has already been to Atlantica and met Ariel, just like he has already met Meow Wow, thus it is not mandatory for him to meet them again. Both are already in his heart which, according to the Famitsu article, is all it needs for these new Links to get activated.

(P.S. writing more than half of your post with bold text is not necessary to get your point across.)

Exactly. Another point i wqnt to make is that if ariel is a d-link, why was there no bar registering a d-link meter?

In birth by sleep, you have a spefic meter that let you know how much d-link power you had, and in the d23 2018 trailer, theres no meter to be found. So it could mean ariel is just a summon