Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Aquaberry

"Making of Kingdom Hearts" videos recap: KH3's animation, Keyblade design, Gummi Ship customization, development progress, Tangled world and more;...

This is amazing news! The best written news to come out for KH3 ever! Thanks Aquaberry For your hard work and dedication on reporting all this; this is so awesome!!

This gets me excited! ...

One of the development team members tried to talk about a certain development aspect, but the audio was censored.

To that, Nomura said, “You can’t say that right now.”

“The motion is still in progress, we’re working on the one that make a -censored-. I can’t say the name! [laughs]"

“There is one world that is distinct from the others.” 

Edited by SnowPint7Fourths

The team is hard at work making the game look as great as possible, and while that's good, i can't help but feel that gameplay and balancing isn't being focused on a whole lot. Of course, I know nothing about game development and the team chose to release this information, but still I'm sort of worried that this means that the game will focus more on making the most out of the new engine rather than making engaging and challenging gameplay or a coherent, well thought-out story that has a satisfying conclusion to the saga...

Yasue said, "This Kingdom Hearts is a bit different. One world is equivalent to one [previous] game, and the things to do for each world are vastly different. My favorite world has not yet been announced so please look forward to it too."

So, Frozen is pretty much a definite, in addition to being leaked alongside Monsters, Inc.

Awesome job writing this! Makes me psyched for E3.

Yasue said, "This Kingdom Hearts is a bit different. One world is equivalent to one [previous] game, and the things to do for each world are vastly different. My favorite world has not yet been announced so please look forward to it too." So, Frozen is pretty much a definite, in addition to being leaked alongside Monsters, Inc.
Nothing is definite until it is formally announced. Frozen is possible, but it isn’t definite until they make it so by announcing it.

Thank you so much for giving us this wonderful news, Aquaberry!

Jesus Christ...just how big will this game be!? Like, every time we get a development update on the game, it seems to get bigger and bigger, and that's just awesome! :D I'm truly amazed at just how much hard work and attention to detail is being put into the making of this game, from character models to world design to gameplay elements...Nomura and his team are really shooting for the stars and far beyond that! I truly have to applaud these people for going above the extra mile to ensure that Kingdom Hearts III ends up being the absolute best entry in the series! And it's awesome to know that the Tokyo team is working alongside the Osaka team, so I'm sure the gameplay will be well rounded out!

Also, the video shown to the public at D23 showed development on 10 worlds!? That's just crazy! And it's not even the final amount, so it could very well be that the game will have 13 to 16 worlds like I've been deducing! And the fact that each world will apparently be the size of a game is truly something mind blowing! I can't wait for more news! :D

So, Frozen is pretty much a definite, in addition to being leaked alongside Monsters, Inc.

Yeah, I think you're right! Considering that Mr. Yasue's favorite Disney film is Frozen, I think it's right to assume that maybe the "favorite" world he's talking about is Arendelle! It'd make sense!

Edited by The Transcendent Key

Yasue said, "This Kingdom Hearts is a bit different. One world is equivalent to one [previous] game, and the things to do for each world are vastly different. My favorite world has not yet been announced so please look forward to it too."

we need to hack into his computer and see what disney movies he has been watching the most

Thank you so much for giving us this wonderful news, Aquaberry!

Jesus Christ...just how big will this game be!? Like, every time we get a development update on the game, it seems to get bigger and bigger, and that's just awesome! :D I'm truly amazed at just how much hard work and attention to detail is being put into the making of this game, from character models to world design to gameplay elements...Nomura and his team are really shooting for the stars and far beyond that! I truly have to applaud these people for going above the extra mile to ensure that Kingdom Hearts III ends up being the absolute best entry in the series! And it's awesome to know that the Tokyo team is working alongside the Osaka team, so I'm sure the gameplay will be well rounded out!

Also, the video shown to the public at D23 showed development on 10 worlds!? That's just crazy! And it's not even the final amount, so it could very well be that the game will have 13 to 16 worlds like I've been deducing! And the fact that each world will apparently be the size of a game is truly something mind blowing! I can't wait for more news! :D

Yeah, I think you're right! Considering that Mr. Yasue's favorite Disney film is Frozen, I think it's right to assume that maybe the "favorite" world he's talking about is Arendelle! It'd make sense!

I think that this time they will try to make it more RPG like meaning there are going to be tons of sidequests and such which in my opinion would be a welcome and fresh new idea for the series and it would make sense given that in each and every game you can see that they always tried to do something completly different than before

I think that this time they will try to make it more RPG like meaning there are going to be tons of sidequests and such which in my opinion would be a welcome and fresh new idea for the series and it would make sense given that in each and every game you can see that they always tried to do something completly different than before

Yeah, I agree with you! The constant shift in tone and style is what has made Kingdom Hearts so popular and enduring over the years! The differences in each game are noticeable, and they don't make the series feel stale, ya know? And yeah, I'm thinking that this Kingdom Hearts game will be the one with most depth, because as you said, a plethora of side quests will be added in, I assume! And I'm sure there'll be tons upon tons of things to do! Gahhh, I'm so excited! :')

And hail Nomura and his team for creating the greatest KH game yet. Not just game-wise, but pushing the hardware to its limits as well (which is nothing new for the series).

Hail, hail!!! Nomura and his team are really delivering above and beyond to ensure that Kingdom Hearts III will be a game that will be talked about for years and years to come! :D

I wonder if some of these Castle Town NPCs will be some of the characters from the show, like Monty?

It could be possible, nothing can be ruled out! :D