Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Sign in to follow this  
Elfdemon_

I hope we get to fight the Disney villains as bosses for each Disney world in Kingdom Hearts III

From what we've seen in Kingdom Hearts III trailers so far, we'll be fighting a Heartless boss in each world, and possibly an Organization XIII member in each world. The only Disney villains that we have seen so far, aside from Maleficent and Pete, are Hades and Lythos. I hope we will still be able to fight against the Disney villains for each respective world. I want to fight Zurg from Toy Story. I want to fight Lythos, Hydros, Pyros, Stratos, and the Cyclops from Hercules. I want to fight Randall from Monsters, Inc. I want to fight Mother Gothel from Tangled. And I want to fight Yokai from Big Hero 6.

We fought against Heartless bosses in KH2, as well as the Disney villains, but for Beast's Castle, we fought Xaldin instead of Gaston. I hope that the Organization XIII members in Kingdom Hearts III aren't taking the place of the Disney villains for each world like how Xaldin took the place of Gaston. It's possible that we don't even fight the Organization XIII members in the Disney worlds that they show up in in Kingdom Hearts III, and they just appear and talk to Sora to try to manipulate him like they did in Dream Drop Distance, but it seems like they are trying to make the Disney worlds more relevant to the overall plot (which is a good thing), so it seems sort of like the Organization XIII members might be taking the place of the Disney villains in order to make that happen. If we are going to fight the Organization XIII members in the Disney worlds, then I hope it doesn't replace the Disney villain boss fights, and they are just another separate boss fight instead.

Another point of concern is the fact that most of the Disney worlds will have new unique original plots that differ or continue from the respective Disney movies. This is a good thing because it's fixing something many people complained about from the previous games, which is having to play through the exact plot from the Disney movies, but it's a point of concern in regards to which characters will appear in the worlds. The fact that some of the worlds are having plots that continue from where the Disney movies left off could mean that we won't be fighting the Disney villains from those worlds, since they were defeated in the movies. I hope they find a way to make the villains return somehow, because not having a boss fight against Yokai in the Big Hero 6 world or a fight against Zurg or Stinky Pete in the Toy Story world would be a really big missed opportunity.

I might be overthinking things, but who knows.

What are your thoughts on this?

I hope we get to fight Disney Villains in this Game cause i want to see some Boss Fights with Disney Villains you know i want to see Sora fight Zurg and Gothel and when the Rest of the Disney Worlds get revealed (I want to see Boss fights like Shere Khan, Scroop, Turbo, Hans and Roruke) and maybe for Secret Bosses maybe Secret Bosses with Dr. Facilier,  Darth Maul and Loki how about that?

Well, my thoughts on this are that we'll probably get a healthy mix of everything, ya know? Odds are we'll fight Heartless, Organization and Disney villain bosses in the worlds! It seems as though the worlds will have more than just their primary appearance, as Kingdom Hearts II had brought up the concept of revisiting worlds to further expand on the story of each world, ya know? So if not in the first time around, then perhaps the second time we go through these worlds, we'll fight the respective bosses we have to fight, ya know?

I have my doubts for Tangled. I think we will fight a giant dragon.

The chance is low for Zurg since this will happen after Toy Story 2 but you will never know.

If PotC returns we will likely fight the Kraken and Davy Jones.

I totally agree with you, I would love to see different Disney villains from different worlds. To be honest, I find making the organization as the main antagonists of Disney worlds to be a lame excuse to make the worlds to be related to the main plot. Even though Birth by Sleep, Dream Drop distance and Kingdom Hearts II tried implementing such idea, they didn’t feel strongly related as it used to to be felt in Kingdom Hearts I, which used the original Disney villlains as the main antagonists for each world.

So what I am trying to say here is that making the worlds to be highly related to the main plot doesn’t always require the influence of main antagonists of the series, but instead, it depends on how they use the characters and the plots of those worlds and take their advantages to make them important for the main plot, look at how Neverland was strongly influenced by the main plot in Kingdom Hearts I, yes that world felt shorter than any other Neverland in the series and it was probably the shortest world to visit in Kingdom Hearts I, but it was rich of main plots within a Disney world that made it more important than other worlds that were also important compared to recent Disney worlds of recent titles.

As much as I would love to have many famous Disney movies in Kingdom Hearts III, but I believe that their choices should be a mixture of “most wanted” with “what’s needed for the main plot”, they need to make those worlds to feel important to visit, the whole “saving the worlds” or “searching for someone in different worlds” are so basic to feel important, but instead, these worlds should have reasons to exist and reasons to visit. Such reasons cannot be given when you simply replace a Disney villain with an organization member, these worlds cannot have reasons to exist by the simple fact that they need to be saved, but instead, their plots need to make those reasons powerful

I am sure we'll get to fight some of them but it's kinda hard for some of the options you mentioned. Most of the Titans in Hercules won't appear surely because of Nostalgic Reasons mostly, I mean we get the Rock Titan but hardly see others appearing except for the Ice Titan MAYYYYBEEE. I expect to fight Hades though, wouldn't feel much as Olympus if we didn't get to fight that guy. Zurg and Yokai would be cool if it wasn't for their respective worlds having another story different to that of their films. Mother Gothel is not applicable IMO to be a boss herself but I am sure she will eventually summon a Heartless to give us trouble. I am hoping for Maleficent to be a boss at some point in the game, Maleficent and Dragon Form like in KH1 but with new graphics? PLEASE! JUST DO IT! For Monsters Inc. it's hard to say but I do expect to fight Randall or even Waternoose at some point (I will be so disappointed if we don't). Now we are left with wathever other worlds are ahead in the list... say Frozen is to be counted... Don't think Hans would be a boss without a Heartless minion like Clayton in KH1 but I am sure we might get to fight Marshmallow. So with all this ideas in mind I DO think we will get to have lots'o'fun with Disney Villains.