Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Alchemike

what is Nomura even doing with this game

Regarding the final stage of KH3 "For a long time [from back when I worked on Final Fantasy] I thought, ‘I want to try this.’ Now, because I get to do it, I'm enjoying figuring out where how far it will go and how it will move," WTF do you think he's doing with this final stage?Something that moves?Any idea,at a first think i thought that he was talking about maybe a death Star from star wars,But even something that he thought before even kh?What do you think it can be?

Edited by Alchemike

Regarding the final stage of KH3 "For a long time [from back when I worked on Final Fantasy] I thought, ‘I want to try this.’ Now, because I get to do it, I'm enjoying figuring out where how far it will go and how it will move," WTF do you think he's doing with this final stage?Something that moves?Any idea,at a first think i thought that he was talking about maybe a death Star from star wars,But even something that he thought before even kh?What do you think it can be?

Dude Star Wars is not going to be in Kingdom Hearts III you'll have to wait

why?Is it confirmed that it will not be in KH3?

It's not confirmed but in an interview regarding the world selection at the beginning of development, he said that both Marvel and Star Wars are franchises which won't be easy to incorporate, not on a technical level but rather to get permission from Disney. It could be because both may have been acquired by Disney but this does not necessarily mean that they have absolute free reign over it. A good example would be that Tarzan no longer is in KH3, despite having them made the movie. But the property of the plot still belongs to someone else.

It's hard to know how much ownership they have of certain franchises. While Marvel and SE will have a cooperation in the future, that might be limited to that ID only.

But the fact that Nomura explicitly states that it is not easy when he's usually so tight-lipped about the development and process of choosing worlds is not exactly a good sign. Especially because he seems to be a rather large fan of Star Wars himself.

Then again, SE likes to change things a lot, so of course we can't be 100% sure it's not going to be in KH3. The probability is lower than with other movies though.

Edited by Merilly

It's not confirmed but in an interview regarding the world selection at the beginning of development, he said that both Marvel and Star Wars are franchises which won't be easy to incorporate, not on a technical level but rather to get permission from Disney. It could be because both may have been acquired by Disney but this does not necessarily mean that they have absolute free reign over it. A good example would be that Tarzan no longer is in KH3, despite having them made the movie. But the property of the plot still belongs to someone else.

It's hard to know how much ownership they have of certain franchises. While Marvel and SE will have a cooperation in the future, that might be limited to that ID only.

But the fact that Nomura explicitly states that it is not easy when he's usually so tight-lipped about the development and process of choosing worlds is not exactly a good sign. Especially because he seems to be a rather large fan of Star Wars himself.

Then again, SE likes to change things a lot, so of course we can't be 100% sure it's not going to be in KH3. The probability is lower than with other movies though.

I don't think that Star Wars would be having ''rights'' issues since there were plans to include Star Wars in the cancelled Kingdom Hearts mobile game. 

Edited by Connected

I don't think that Star Wars would be having ''rights'' issues since there were plans to include Star Wars in the cancelled Kingdom Hearts mobile game.

Could be, but it also could have changedn the meantime... I don't know about their contracts unfortunately but there must be a reason which consists of more than "We've got the Star Wars Battlefront games already".

I'm not saying it has to be the case, you could be right with everything you say, but there moght be limitations due to rights. For example, depending on who develops the game.

Could be, but it also could have changedn the meantime... I don't know about their contracts unfortunately but there must be a reason which consists of more than "We've got the Star Wars Battlefront games already".

I'm not saying it has to be the case, you could be right with everything you say, but there moght be limitations due to rights. For example, depending on who develops the game.

It's not just Battleground, but EA is under a contract that gives them full rights to be the only developer/publisher to put out Star Wars games.

Since its something he wanted to do since FF I'm guessing its gonna be more involved with mechanics rather than content. Gonna assume he's referring to the final battle.

that would be my guess or it is an idea for a level design he always had but never could make real before because the technology wasnt ready or whatever

Edited by Dustin Lübbers

Honestly, I don't even know myself, but I am more than excited and very emotionally psyched to see what Nomura has to offer for the final stage! I'm sure it's gonna be something that'll leave our eyes and jaws wide open, and it'll pretty much guarantee that Kingdom Hearts III will be an unforgettable game! Whatever Nomura has planned, I have full confidence he'll deliver above and beyond the call of duty! He shall provide us with gloriousness the likes of which we've never seen!