Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Sign in to follow this  
Nukara Rikova

Is it bad in terms of the plot of Kingdom hearts ll ? And does it destroy the series?

Kingdom Hearts II is one of the most important pieces of the saga. It’s story is just fine. One person that doesn’t like doesn’t all of a sudden make it bad. Nothing revolves around a few people and a few people don’t decide what is good or bad. They have their preferences. KH2 is a fine title with a fine story. You have your own opinion. Don’t let someone else shape yours or make you question your opinion.

Edited by KingdomHearts3

It's all a matter of opinion. It is not a fact that it's bad, nor is it a fact that it's good. People like things for different reasons. Personally KH2 is my favorite so far in the series. But I do understand why some people like it less then the first one and I do understand that KH2 has some flaws, some major, some minor. You like what you like, but it's good to understand why others might not agree with you. It might give you a new perspective. But if you love the game, nobody can tell you not to love it.

Like my fellow members here have stated, in the end, opinion on how good or bad Kingdom Hearts II is or isn't entirely depends upon you as a person and how you enjoyed the game, ya know? People have different opinions, and just because you love it and others don't doesn't mean that it's a bad game, ya know? If you love it, then stand by your love for it, and don't let other people change your feelings for the game, ya know?

In my instance, like you, Kingdom Hearts II is what first drew me into the series, and I fell in love to the point that I became a major Kingdom Hearts fan, and I now own all the games plus tons of merchandise! The story of this amazing video game series has been riveting, like reading a page turning book series, or watching an epic and emotional anime! Kingdom Hearts ranks high among my favorite form of storytelling in media, and really, I love how Kingdom Hearts II basically opened the KH Universe to more lore and more world building, ya know?

But like I said, in the end, your opinion on if you like or don't like the game is up to you, not another person, ya know? May your heart be your literal guiding key, in this instance! :)

Honestly, you have to decide for yourself whether or not Kingdom Hearts II ruined the franchise, as a whole, for me, i felt like it was actually 358/2 Days because of the complications surrounding Xion but overall, that doesn't mean to say that it's ruined at all, only that it feels a bit off in parts to people if you know what i mean? no matter the very complicated story and history of the Kingdom Hearts franchise, it is still an epic saga to fall in love with and not just for game-play but also for story, characters, music, you name it, i will respectfully say now:

"May your Heart be your guiding Key."

In other-words, you decide on how you feel about a/the game that made you decide to join KH13 in the first place, know what i mean?

Edited by Iamkingdomhearts1000

ALL the game (except for Re:Coded untill Hollow Bastion) have a good story, but in terms of plot the worst are KH2, Re:Coded and KH1... I repeat, all of them have a really good plot, but these are the worst ones. They don't contribute as the other for the main plot and they aren't so emotion-oriented like the others, KH2 though have the best fighting scenes, and it is the most scenic one, and the finale was very powerfull even if not as the Xion's death or all the various ending of KHBBS (their life has screwed up in a too much tragical way), or the multiple feels scenes in KH3D, or the KH1 finale or the Sora's Sacrifice.

P.s. btw yes, if I'd choose a reason for playing KH2 over the others I'd say the gameplay... it is still the best even if I prefer it at 0.2 only for the lack of depth due to its length, if I'd put the possibility of changing the equip and the classic ability system I'd prefer 0.2 over KH2 (so I'll prefer KH3 :3)

To be honest I call those people KH1nisten because they believe only Kingdom Hearts 1 has a good story or think it's the only good game in the franchise blablabla or they can't suspend their suspension of disbelieve, Kingdom Hearts 2 is what introduced me to this frabchise back in the PS2 days and I think many people started with either one or two to.

It's just these people opinions and most of these people are apart of a small part of the community that only really enjoys the gameplay it's not even so much of enjoying KH1's story as it is them just liking the basic charm of it and then proceed to hate the rest series after 2 because it isn't well 2 which was apparently a godsend in terms of gameplay.

Said community is usually targetted as the speedrunner community though that honestly isn't the case and some of those youtubers you probably watch also have some pretty shady things they've done (I won't name names to avoid any drama).

Enjoy what you enjoy man do not shape your opinion around what others think that's just being a sheep make your own opinions on something DO YOU like KH2's story if you do that's great if you don't that is perfectly fine as well.