Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter

Great video, man!

And well, honestly, I don't think that Kingdom Hearts III needs text cutscenes! It's as you said: with the improved facial animations, there's probably the likeliest chance that all interactions we'll have with characters and NPC's will have voice acting integrated into them, which I hope is the case, as it'd add more depth to the game!

It's not that I don't like text cutscenes, but I would rather hear the characters speak instead of me having to do their voices! (Though I'm pretty good when it comes to impressions! xD)

Call me crazy, but I’d welcome text cutscenes with open arms, so long as they were completely voice acted.

I don't think there will next text-only cutscenes. If they do it will more than likely have voice overs for them.

You know, I would actually be on board with this! Because if the text cutscenes were voiced, I'd have no problem with that whatsoever! :)

I don't think there will be. I think when you talk to NPCs or examine something, it'll be like when Aqua talks to herself during gameplay in 0.2 and like in FFXV during side quest scenes. Not quite full scenes like those that are important.

I mean, I can imagine it out of cutscenes when you talk to NPCs, but in cutscenes, I don't think so. I don't even get why the majority of them were in the games to begin with.

I feel like I have to pop in every now and then to remind people that text cutscenes are great because they're far less limited than voiced scenes. Voice acting has to be locked in after a certain point, but you can always change text.

This is why the DS KH games and the original Chain of Memories have the best writing in the series

I feel like I have to pop in every now and then to remind people that text cutscenes are great because they're far less limited than voiced scenes. Voice acting has to be locked in after a certain point, but you can always change text.

This is why the DS KH games and the original Chain of Memories have the best writing in the series

I beg to differ. Chain of Memories' writing is terrible, whether you play it in text for more not. Given Re:COM is the more widely available version, with voice acting for half the dialogue, which I imagine was, for the most part, ported straight from the original game. It's not because it's awkwardly delivered (particularly from Haley Joel Osment & Wayne Allwine), but the storytelling is terrible because of the way the story it tries to tell is told. I can't imagine it was better in the original writeen text form of the original, though at least there, you wouldn't have to deal with poorly-delivered dialogue.

I beg to differ. Chain of Memories' writing is terrible, whether you play it in text for more not. Given Re:COM is the more widely available version, with voice acting for half the dialogue, which I imagine was, for the most part, ported straight from the original game. It's not because it's awkwardly delivered (particularly from Haley Joel Osment & Wayne Allwine), but the storytelling is terrible because of the way the story it tries to tell is told. I can't imagine it was better in the original writeen text form of the original, though at least there, you wouldn't have to deal with poorly-delivered dialogue.

CoM has hands down the best writing in the franchise. And the voiced scenes were largely completely changed because they were lip locked to the Japanese lip sync. Even when they do change the lip sync in major KH games though, they're still trapped with the Japanese dialog timing.

CoM has hands down the best writing in the franchise. And the voiced scenes were largely completely changed because they were lip locked to the Japanese lip sync. Even when they do change the lip sync in major KH games though, they're still trapped with the Japanese dialog timing.

Yes, but that doesn't take away from good dialogue. In my opinion, KH2 has the best writing in the franchise. It has good character moments & the overall story is good. COM is bad both in its character writing & its overall story. Sora's adversed to using common sense in the game a good amount of the time when he's not being an idiot hero, emphasis on "idiot", which is NOT his personality from the main games. There's wanting to show different side of characters to tell a good story, then there's changing character personalities arbitrarily to fit your narrative. COM is bad on that front alone. On top of that, it's setup for KH2. It's simultaneously boring, unimportant, important, & insulting, which I can't forgive.