Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Sign in to follow this  
Buttercup Camera

There's something odd about the original Final Mix versions of these games...

Ultima covered the KH2FM portion. But as far as KH1FM goes, it was because it came out a little after the actors had aged up a bit and their voices were starting to change. That's why even today, the extra cutscenes are still unvoiced.

The only exception is the Unknown fight. Even in the original Final Mix, they added in some voice clips from the base game and placed it over the intro scene.

Ultima covered the KH2FM portion. But as far as KH1FM goes, it was because it came out a little after the actors had aged up a bit and their voices were starting to change. That's why even today, the extra cutscenes are still unvoiced.

The only exception is the Unknown fight. Even in the original Final Mix, they added in some voice clips from the base game and placed it over the intro scene.

Wait, the cutscene with Riku waking up in Hollow Bastion is still mute?

Edit: I checked... and that's incredibly dumb. Riku's voice barely changed over the years...

Edited by Gavrus

Wait, the cutscene with Riku waking up in Hollow Bastion is still mute?

Edit: I checked... and that's incredibly dumb. Riku's voice barely changed over the years...

True but on the plus side. To this day I'm still fascinated by how they simply reused the lines from the base game of KH1 to work in the Unknown fight just so they can give off hints toward the next game.

Also the Riku cutscene where he talks to King Mickey in the Realm of Darkness is also still mute though.