Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Ventus_

How Old Were You When You First Played Kingdom Hearts?

How Old Were You When You First Played Kingdom Hearts?  

90 members have voted

1. 1. How Old Were You When You First Played Kingdom Hearts?

• Under 4
    • 5-9
    • 10-15
    • 16-20
    • 21-25
    • 26-30
    • 31+

I was about 11 years old when I first discovered Kingdom Hearts (I was 7 going on 8 when the first game released). It was one of the most memorable discoveries of a game, or really anything, I've came across. Seeing Donald and Goofy with some anime kids looking at the sky was rio sully one of the most surreal but beautiful things I have ever seen.

The gameplay and story was also memorable. The moment I heard music coming through the old tv we had was seriously magical. Dearly Beloved is a music piece I will always hold close in my heart. The opening song always rings through my head all the time. The first boss I encountered (Darkside) used to freak me out. I felt like on vacation when I walked around destiny islands. I felt at calm whenever I heard the Travers town tune. I always struggled with every boss in the game. I never forgotten the unskippable cutscenes. The final boss was one of the hardest I've ever faced. Traveling with Donald and Goofy meeting other Disney characters was always sight to behold. I also learned Nightmare Before Christmas was a Disney title (one of the other reasons why I wanted to play the game). This game even introduced me to Final Fantasy.

When people say Disney makes your dreams come true, this is the epitome of this. This is the crossover we didn't ask for, but somehow it managed to be in our hearts from childhood to the now upcoming Kingdom Hearts 3. It is thanks to this series that I came to wanting to play videogames. I also came to making Yoko Shimomura my favorite composer of all time. Tetsuya Nomura became one of my absolute favorite artist. This crossover also gave me reason to enjoy crossovers in general.

I've never felt so legitimately anticipated for something since a watching my favorite TV show. KH3 is arriving this year it's unbelievable. Happy 16th Anniversary KH! Thank you for being a wonderful series to me as well as other fans all over. This series will always be my favorite Videogame series of all time.

I believe I was 8 or 9. It was a gift we'd got(despite not knowing anything about the game at the time) for my older cousin. On one of the visits to his house he suggested I try it so I did then started playing the game sporadically whenever we'd visit him again.xD

Man the first time I play Kingdom Hearts 1 I was fourteen years old shortly after March of 2006! When my mom came to visit me after her mission from Afghanistan she ask me what kind of present I want, and I said I wanted a kingdom Hearts game and she said sure. We went to the mall in Gamestop and she bought me Kingdom Hearts 1, KH: Chain of Memories (GBA), and Kingdom Hearts 2 all in one day! That was one of the best childhood memories (non pun intended) in my life!

Edited by Movies798

Funny how when I first played Kh1 it was after being done with CoM sora only, 358/2days, Recoded and Kh2even maybe a bit of BBS Fm like they weren't selling the game anymore so Had to use a emulator a the time (fun fact i played the games in the exact same order I enumerated them)

I started at about 4 or 5. It was around 2004 and my dad bought me the game purely because of the Disney label. My babysitter beat most of the bosses but I loved searching the worlds and to this day KH is my favorite game.

I must have been around 12, because I distinctly remember talking about it in secondary school and not primary.

Rob was 90 when he played KH1 back in 2003.

ur just a wee babby, what r u doin on the 'net son? Edited by 2 quid is good

In April 2007 it was my b-day. I turned 11. I had just gotten a PS2 as my first ever console for Christmas. One of my friends got me KH2 as a present. I had never heard of Kingdom hearts before. When I saw Disney on the cover I was like "Yay, I love Disney!" I did't even see the 2 in the title so I just assumed it said Kingdom Hearts. Then I played it for about 2 hours, I only made it to Roxas's 2nd day. I couldn't understand the story at all. I then concluded that this would be another lame product by Disney similar to Disney channel shows intended to make money by marketing to teens.

So I didn't play the game for months. I eventually saw the side of the case that it was Kh2. Later when I was watching a YouTube video of another game, I saw a related video of the kh2 final mix fight with Marluxia. It was the most amazing thing I had ever seen.

So I thought OK if I get through the intro I'll get to the good part. So in late 2007 I started playing KH2 again. At first I was like uh this intro is taking forever but as the days progressefld it began to get very interesting. By the time I got to play as Sora I was like wait what happened to Roxas. Great now I'm more interested in the main story than traveling to Disney worlds.

So it took me about 3 months to complete the game. 75% of the time I skipped cut scenes. When I was finished I felt like I didn't understand the story. So I played it again this time watching all cut scenes. But I still didn't completely understand. So I plagued it 5 more times before I understood that game's story. Then I knew that in order to understand the rest I would have to play the other Games in the series. Luckily for me back then there were only 2 other games and they both took place before this one. 

And from then on to today I was a hardcore diehard Kingdom Hearts fan. 

I voted, assuming you meant just the series, as a whole.

It was 2012.  I got CoM on eBay, and I beat each story in a month.  I was on vacation, when I beat Marluxia.  I really freaked out, because he disappeared, for a moment, and I had gotten stuck at the end of a battle previously and he'd to reset, but he returned, thank goodness.

I was about 11 years old when I first discovered Kingdom Hearts (I was 7 going on 8 when the first game released). It was one of the most memorable discoveries of a game, or really anything, I've came across. Seeing Donald and Goofy with some anime kids looking at the sky was rio sully one of the most surreal but beautiful things I have ever seen.

The gameplay and story was also memorable. The moment I heard music coming through the old tv we had was seriously magical. Dearly Beloved is a music piece I will always hold close in my heart. The opening song always rings through my head all the time. The first boss I encountered (Darkside) used to freak me out. I felt like on vacation when I walked around destiny islands. I felt at calm whenever I heard the Travers town tune. I always struggled with every boss in the game. I never forgotten the unskippable cutscenes. The final boss was one of the hardest I've ever faced. Traveling with Donald and Goofy meeting other Disney characters was always sight to behold. I also learned Nightmare Before Christmas was a Disney title (one of the other reasons why I wanted to play the game). This game even introduced me to Final Fantasy.

When people say Disney makes your dreams come true, this is the epitome of this. This is the crossover we didn't ask for, but somehow it managed to be in our hearts from childhood to the now upcoming Kingdom Hearts 3. It is thanks to this series that I came to wanting to play videogames. I also came to making Yoko Shimomura my favorite composer of all time. Tetsuya Nomura became one of my absolute favorite artist. This crossover also gave me reason to enjoy crossovers in general.

I've never felt so legitimately anticipated for something since a watching my favorite TV show. KH3 is arriving this year it's unbelievable. Happy 16th Anniversary KH! Thank you for being a wonderful series to me as well as other fans all over. This series will always be my favorite Videogame series of all time.

I can agree with you word for word Kingdom hearts came out at the perfect time when in the 90s classic disney movies and cartoons where everywere on TV I think kids today with the internet and web shows and all wont ever get a same experience if they play a game like KH3 today (unless of course they mostly watch Disney channel) It was a game that in a way said now or never and it worked It defined a whole generation. Kingdom hearts is a game that cannot be put into words its a game that purely words or on a rational basis its is purely anemotional work of art. 

What I would not pay to be 10 again and play this game all over again just one more time.... 

Rob was 90 when he played KH1 back in 2003.

I wonder if a person at that age can have the same emotional moving experience than a person that is a lot younger after all the line "he grow up with disney" would be even more true for that person than for us 

Edited by Dustin Lübbers

I recall the year I first got Kingdom Hearts I being 2004. It had to have been before my birthday in December, so 15. Although I got stuck in Deep Jungle and didn't come back and beat that level and really progress into the game until maybe Spring of 2005, when I was 16.

Edited by Harmonie

I was a late bloomer.  I got into Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days when I moved to New Mexico when I was sixteen.  I did see this commercial back when the game was being announced in 2002.  I did want to play it but because my family was always worried about money.  I never really got a PS2. 

I was 11 years old when I first stumbled upon Kingdom Hearts! It was Christmastime about then, and I had gone to Sam's Club with Mom, and she had told me to pick a game so that she could buy it for me as a Christmas present! Out of all the games there, the one that caught my attention the most was one that had a strange boy with spiky hair and Disney characters on it! I asked the clerk what the game was about, and she told me the premise, but that I wouldn't understand much if I hadn't played the first game. I still wanted the game either way, and when I finally got to playing it on Christmas Day, good God...I fell in love!

Kingdom Hearts II was my first KH game, and it got me enamored with the series, and after finishing the game, I expected a KHIII would follow, so I began to collect the games I lacked, which at the time were I and CoM, and then, as the years passed by, I'd pre-order each new installment! The only one I wasn't able to get on release day was Re:Coded, but all others leading up to 2.5, I had pre-ordered and gotten them at Gamestop! 

Ever since I fell in love with this series, I have played all the games and have collected lots of merchandise, and I even own two cosplays! The Kingdom Hearts series is one that will always be close to my heart, and it'll always be an important part of my life! It's my hope that I can be able to get my children into this wonderful video game series when I have them! This has been one hell of a journey, and I'm ready for Kingdom Hearts III and beyond! I thank God for Nomura, and Nomura for creating this masterpiece of a video game series, which has brought countless people, countless hearts, together! :D

Happy 16th Anniversary, Kingdom Hearts! Forgive the belated congratulations, I have no power, so I wasn't able to respond yesterday. xD