Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
NihonScribe

Voice Actor James Woods Confirms work on Kingdom Hearts III

James Woods confirmed on Twitter that he is working on Kingdom Hearts III! You can view the tweet below.

Posted Image

Previously, the only news we had on voice work for Kingdom Hearts III was the Japanese dub given to us in previous trailers from the 2015 E3 trailer up to the last ones revealed at D23 Expo 2018.

Which other Kingdom Hearts voice actors do you think will be next to reveal their work for the latest installment? Let us know in the comments below!

Click here to view the article

NICE! James Woods is awesome!! Cant imagine anyone else doing Hades. This probably means English VA is in full swing.

I agree.  Having anyone else voicing Hades just wouldn't feel the same.  I wish Billy Zane was still voicing Xehanort's Heartless.  I believe it was some controversy that he found himself in at the time that made Square choose someone else instead of just recasting Billy Zane since casting a controversial figure would potentially ruin their image.

Thanks for informing us on this, NihonScribe!

I find it funny that James Woods just so casually mentions the fact that he's working on Kingdom Hearts III. It's like if I were to say: "Oh yeah, I'm good, had a great day with the family, now I'm just coming home to put KHIII in my PS4 for the first time and ya know, whatevs." That's the kind of vibe with which I imagined James Woods typing his tweet when he did! It made me laugh on the inside! xD

Seriously though, Kingdom Of Hearts? That's not the way you say it! xP

But seriously though, this is exciting news! This makes me hope that maybe the next trailer we'll get for the game will be in English! :D

I find it funny that James Woods just so casually mentions the fact that he's working on Kingdom Hearts III. It's like if I were to say: "Oh yeah, I'm good, had a great day with the family, now I'm just coming home to put KHIII in my PS4 for the first time and ya know, whatevs." That's the kind of vibe with which I imagined James Woods typing his tweet when he did! It made me laugh on the inside! xD

But seriously though, this is exciting news! This makes me hope that maybe the next trailer we'll get for the game will be in English! :D

I just hope Agrabah is a returning world since I really want to see the Forty Thieves in the KH franchise.  Though I don't know how Sora would handle the Golden Touch or how that would function as a game mechanic.

Likely because for him, it isn't much more than that. I dunno what he thinks about the series but Hades will likely be a minor role despite the larger worlds and for many VAs, it will just be a normal job.

I got the same vibe from him but I can also understand it if he's not a fan of the series. It's the same when a whole fandom just plunges into chaos because of a development but anyone who isn't part of it just goes "so what?"

I'm not particularly fond of him as a person though but since it's impossible to know the world views of every person working on the game, the controversies around him likely aren't much of a problem. I still don't support this but it's not that the game itself will be linked to the stuff he said.

I really hope the next one will be in English. I've been missing that ever since the E3 2015 trailer for KH3 and it should be about time by then that they're done with a lot of the VAs' parts. I don't mind the Japanese voices but it's just a different feeling when it's in English since that's the language I'll be playing in, regardless of whether there'll be a dub in my native language. (If there is, I sincerely hope they allow to choose the language.) I can also focus more on the trailer when I don't have to read subtitles.

I just hope Agrabah is a returning world since I really want to see the Forty Thieves in the KH franchise.  Though I don't know how Sora would handle the Golden Touch or how that would function as a game mechanic.

Well, who knows? I honestly wouldn't mind if Agrabah returned. True, it's one of the most recurring worlds in the series alongside Olympus, but it's a staple world in the series, ya know? And not having the world be in KHIII would be weird! But if it's not in KHIII, then hopefully the world can be in the next saga!

It's so nice to know that they still use the old VA brings back Nostalgia;)

Yep, that's what I love about Disney. For their works, 99% of the time, the voice actors reprise their roles. The only exceptions are either when one such voice actor/actress dies, or they are no longer active in said role, ya know?

Likely because for him, it isn't much more than that. I dunno what he thinks about the series but Hades will likely be a minor role despite the larger worlds and for many VAs, it will just be a normal job. I got the same vibe from him but I can also understand it if he's not a fan of the series. It's the same when a whole fandom just plunges into chaos because of a development but anyone who isn't part of it just goes "so what?" I'm not particularly fond of him as a person though but since it's impossible to know the world views of every person working on the game, the controversies around him likely aren't much of a problem. I still don't support this but it's not that the game itself will be linked to the stuff he said. I really hope the next one will be in English. I've been missing that ever since the E3 2015 trailer for KH3 and it should be about time by then that they're done with a lot of the VAs' parts. I don't mind the Japanese voices but it's just a different feeling when it's in English since that's the language I'll be playing in, regardless of whether there'll be a dub in my native language. (If there is, I sincerely hope they allow to choose the language.) I can also focus more on the trailer when I don't have to read subtitles.

You know, when looking at James Woods, he literally resembles Hades! I wonder if Disney based the character's appearance on his persona? Cuz the similarities are there! And well, every person has their issues, we always have some burdens to bear, but well, as long as we don't let said issues affect our professional work, then I think it's all good. I've never heard precisely why he's thought of as a despicable person, but I only view him for his professional side, not for his attitude and whatnot, ya know?

And yeah, I'm really, really hoping the next trailer is in English! I wanna hear those English voices for our beloved characters already! We're so close to the game releasing, we need an English Dubbed trailer soon! X_X

Well, who knows? I honestly wouldn't mind if Agrabah returned. True, it's one of the most recurring worlds in the series alongside Olympus, but it's a staple world in the series, ya know? And not having the world be in KHIII would be weird! But if it's not in KHIII, then hopefully the world can be in the next saga!

Yep, that's what I love about Disney. For their works, 99% of the time, the voice actors reprise their roles. The only exceptions are either when one such voice actor/actress dies, or they are no longer active in said role, ya know?

You know, when looking at James Woods, he literally resembles Hades! I wonder if Disney based the character's appearance on his persona? Cuz the similarities are there! And well, every person has their issues, we always have some burdens to bear, but well, as long as we don't let said issues affect our professional work, then I think it's all good. I've never heard precisely why he's thought of as a despicable person, but I only view him for his professional side, not for his attitude and whatnot, ya know?

And yeah, I'm really, really hoping the next trailer is in English! I wanna hear those English voices for our beloved characters already! We're so close to the game releasing, we need an English Dubbed trailer soon! X_X

Agreed, a lot of characters, well appearance wise are based off of their actors.  So, it's also possible that the actors also influence the characters as well, personality and mannerism wise.  It's what makes these characters' interesting.  I do hope that Cassim appears but I do wonder who would voice Sa'luk if King of Thieves is in KH3.  I mean, Return of Jafar was in KH2 despite the film being a bomb whereas King of Thieves was a success for its time and still has a cult following.

But, that's getting off topic.  I do hope an English trailer gets released soon.

Agreed, a lot of characters, well appearance wise are based off of their actors.  So, it's also possible that the actors also influence the characters as well, personality and mannerism wise.  It's what makes these characters' interesting.  I do hope that Cassim appears but I do wonder who would voice Sa'luk if King of Thieves is in KH3.  I mean, Return of Jafar was in KH2 despite the film being a bomb whereas King of Thieves was a success for its time and still has a cult following.

But, that's getting off topic.  I do hope an English trailer gets released soon.

Yeah, I think that's something that's pretty cool, having a character modeled after the person who voices said character! And well, it's not out of the realm of possibility that the King Of Thieves storyline could make it! I'm sure Nomura would make it work!

And yeah, I hope so too! Looking to E3 for that possible English Dubbed trailer! :D

Yeah, I think that's something that's pretty cool, having a character modeled after the person who voices said character! And well, it's not out of the realm of possibility that the King Of Thieves story line could make it! I'm sure Nomura would make it work!

And yeah, I hope so too! Looking to E3 for that possible English Dubbed trailer! :D

Yeah, I mean, King of Thieves would be a good way to finish off the Agrabah saga in KH3 since that's the movie where Aladdin goes after his father, fights a bunch of men to get close to his dad and marries Jasmine.

I mean, it's pretty cool that some characters are based off of their actors.  It works really well for Hades.

Yeah, I mean, King of Thieves would be a good way to finish off the Agrabah saga in KH3 since that's the movie where Aladdin goes after his father, fights a bunch of men to get close to his dad and marries Jasmine.

I mean, it's pretty cool that some characters are based off of their actors.  It works really well for Hades.

Yeah, it would provide for a nice sense of closure when it comes to Aladdin's side of the Kingdom Hearts series!

And yeah, it does work well. And apparently, James Woods really enjoys his work as Hades, and I honestly can't blame him! With the way he voices his character with such enthusiasm and with such charm and villainous malevolence, it's a perfect fit, ya know? And besides, voicing villains is always fun, since you get to play around with the heroes, ya know? :)