Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Joey Mancini

Kingdom Hearts 3 Release Date Speculation

So, I could be reaching here, but since recent "leaks" have stated an October release I believe Kingdom Hearts 3 will be released on Tuesday, October 30th. Now for the reaching part, Nomura always purposely puts things into the game, and I think that in the 2017 D23 he gave us the date. I attached the screenshot from the trailer when it cuts to the Galaxy Toys Ad where it has two post it notes that reads 10/30 IF you read it in downwards order. Anyway, like I said, I'm reaching, but it's my most recent theory, share your thoughts!

post-73716-0-14358700-1523543768_thumb.jpg

Would Nomura be so clever to include the release date in a gameplay trailer, probably. But who knows, I'm hoping the game would come out much sooner maybe July the earliest for a worldwide release with November being the latest. Though I'm 100% sure that we'll be getting a release date during E3 so we don't have much longer to wait since time is going by quick. 

I feel as if KH3 would come out in September or December. They either will have it release around the 16th anniversary of the series in North America or they release it for the holidays.

I hole that to it needs to be the time of the year were its cold outside so you dont feel bad for staying inside all the time also because i have around 4-5 games left that i want to finish before it comes out so i have a blank slate so to say

I'm still sticking to November or December. It won't be September because there are too many games that are coming out that would overshadow KH3. (Square Enix has two coming out that month as well: DQ 11 (English version) and the next Tomb Raider game.) Based upon the latest update from D23 Japan, it looks like they will be using the majority of the year to finish development and polishing the game.

Target actually listed November 2nd and their placeholder date was December 31st 2018. Not sure if they took it down but i definitely wouldn't be too surprised if it was October or November.

I have always believed and have mentioned on repeated occasions that the game could either come out on July, September or November!

• July, because Nomura could pull a release for July 13th, which would be the thirteenth day of the seventh month!
  • September because that's when the first Kingdom Hearts came out in 2002 for North America!
  • November because I believe that this would be the latest the game would release, ya know?

Nah too farf etched the only hint I see is that from July.

I would say July, September or November are the release months.

Japan could get this first in July.

Nomura said that the game would have a worldwide release, and as such, if it's not simultaneous, he himself said that the gap between releasing the Japanese and International versions would be a very small gap, perhaps like a week or a few days apart, ya know?

I think we should go back to the calendar for this. (Bear with me here)

pu5tib3.jpg

Now I'm going to be reaching A LOT here, but like i said before, bear with me.

If we take the calendar as the 1st of the month being a Thursday, the months that fit the bill the best is March and July 2018. November 2018 ALSO starts on Thursday the 1st, however it only has 30 days but let's not let that discourage us.

If the 1st is a Friday, then it matches with June 2018. This is the only occurrence of a Friday the 1st.

Now if we really want to shake things up, Lets say the calendar starts on a Saturday (very rare I know) which would make Wednesday the 1st. The only month that matches this is August 2018.

BUT WHAT DOES THIS ALL MEAN.

The calendar was in the 2015 E3 trailer. With the power of interviews and hindsight on my side, we can infer that at this point they must have recreated all the assets that they lost while transferring the game to the U4 engine and production was full steam ahead. This could lead credence to the July 2018 release date, which in 2015 must have been a safe bet.

This is supported by the fact that Japanese calendars generally start with a Sunday. But that is unlikely to be the case.

So the next possible release window is November 2018. But we may still get new information in July. I really do believe that it was meant to be released in July but that seems unlikely now. And November is being backed by the Target kerfuffle.

Just my 2 quids

It wouldn't surprise me if they released it in September to coincide with the series' 16th anniversary. But I'm thinking it'll be November or December. Definitely in time for the holiday season.