Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Sign in to follow this  

Hey everyone how's it going? So I just watch the recent short Kingdom Hearts 3 trailer and I must say that I'm very surprised to see Hayner, Pence, and Olette again! I actually like them in Kingdom Hearts 2 because I love their interactions and their friendship with Sora, Donald, Goofy, and Kairi in Twilight Town. Well even though they barely knew each other but still I like that Sora still consider them as his friends after they left to go to The Mysterious Tower. Now I know it was confirmed that Twilight Town will return in Kingdom Hearts 3 but it was confirmed that Twilight Town would serve as a tutorial world. So back then I didn't think Hayner, Pence, and Olette would just return in KH3 just be in the tutorial world. At first I thought we might never seen them again but the recent trailer show them. I know that they won't have any big roles in KH3 but I'm just glad Sora was able to see them again along with Donald and Goofy! Now if only Sora kept his promise to Neku and his friends and see them in Shibuya. Lol. So now what do you guys think? Do you think Hayner, Pence, and Olette will have similar roles like they did in KH2 or 358/2 Days? Or you think we're only going to see them just in the tutorial mode? What are you're thoughts?

post-37998-0-19353600-1523924054_thumb.jpg

post-37998-0-82351800-1523924067_thumb.jpg

I think they'll have roles like they did in KH 2 or there's a possibility they could have slightly bigger roles. If Roxas comes back, I'm sure he'd like to visit them in person as well even though he's only met the Hayner, Pence, and Olette in the virtual Twilight Town.

Edited by ITzDarthLordRevan

I think they'll have roles like they did in KH 2 or there's a possibility they could have slightly bigger roles. If Roxas comes back, I'm sure he'd like to visit them in person as well even though he's only met the Hayner, Pence, and Olette in the virtual Twilight Town.

Actually Roxas HAS met them in the real Twilight Town in 358/2 Days. It was on his day off.

Yeah, I was really happy when this was touched upon in the Dandelion Meeting! Not only are the Twilight Town gang back, but they are rocking some sweet new duds! As for their role in the overall story, my guess is that it'll only be limited to their world, but I'm sure that they're going to have important scenes, especially where Roxas is concerned, because I'm sure that at some point Roxas will see them, and they will have a friendship the likes of which they had in the virtual version of the world! At least, that's what I'd like to think! Cuz that'd be a neat happy ending for Roxas! :D

In 358/2 Days, he and Axel interacted with Pence, and Roxas interacted with the trio when he was alone. You probably didn't play the game on the DS.

No, I have not played the DS version. I did watch and finish a playthrough of it years ago, so my memory of it is a little foggy. 

I think it's pretty clear at this point that Twilight Town is not going to simply just be a tutorial world and nothing else, it's going to be possible to return to it and explore more areas later in the game. I never liked the idea of not being able to return to the first world in the KH games. Sure it works fine with Dive Into The Heart, because that place is special, but with actual worlds like Destiny Islands and Land of Departure it just felt like a real tease to have such fun interesting areas get written out of the game, never to be touched again except for special circumstances like that. So hopefully that doesn't happen with Twilight Town and thankfully it looks like they're steering clear of that direction, given that there are plenty of instances where we see Sora and gang in the area long after he got his new clothes. As far as what role Hayner and the gang will serve, I imagine that it would be a similar supporting role like in Days and KH2, but I also hope that in particular that they will help serve a role in Roxas' return, since I still value their friendship and really feel like it's been getting brushed to the side in favor of Axel and Xion. I mean, I love Roxas' friendship with them as well, but I don't see why he shouldn't be allowed to have more friends all at once. The poor kid deserves it after the life he's had. 6 people eating ice cream on a clocktower is better than 3...although they would pretty much be taking up the whole place. Oh wait, Namine too, so that makes 7, even better.

Also I'm happy to see that even the Twilight Town gang have trendy new threads on (Red and Black must be really popular in this game...), but it kind of shines a light on the elephant in the room that Donald and Goofy are literally the only major characters to never receive any new clothes. Like the first time was excusable enough, but COME ON Nomura, it just ain't fair.

Edited by Hero of Light XIV

It was really nice to finally see them again, but it was kind of expected since Twilight Town was going to hold an important role in KH3. Not sure if anyone else has noticed Nomura's scale changing from trip pants to plaid.

In 358/2 Days, he and Axel interacted with Pence, and Roxas interacted with the trio when he was alone. You probably didn't play the game on the DS.

Yeah, I believe his interaction with Hayner, Pence and Olette probably happened only two times.  One was on his day off and the other was when he and Axel were looking for Xion, getting information from Pence regarding the seven wonders.

I think it's pretty clear at this point that Twilight Town is not going to simply just be a tutorial world and nothing else, it's going to be possible to return to it and explore more areas later in the game. I never liked the idea of not being able to return to the first world in the KH games. Sure it works fine with Dive Into The Heart, because that place is special, but with actual worlds like Destiny Islands and Land of Departure it just felt like a real tease to have such fun interesting areas get written out of the game, never to be touched again except for special circumstances like that. So hopefully that doesn't happen with Twilight Town and thankfully it looks like they're steering clear of that direction, given that there are plenty of instances where we see Sora and gang in the area long after he got his new clothes. As far as what role Hayner and the gang will serve, I imagine that it would be a similar supporting role like in Days and KH2, but I also hope that in particular that they will help serve a role in Roxas' return, since I still value their friendship and really feel like it's been getting brushed to the side in favor of Axel and Xion. I mean, I love Roxas' friendship with them as well, but I don't see why he shouldn't be allowed to have more friends all at once. The poor kid deserves it after the life he's had. 6 people eating ice cream on a clocktower is better than 3...although they would pretty much be taking up the whole place. Oh wait, Namine too, so that makes 7, even better.

Also I'm happy to see that even the Twilight Town gang have trendy new threads on (Red and Black must be really popular in this game...), but it kind of shines a light on the elephant in the room that Donald and Goofy are literally the only major characters to never receive any new clothes. Like the first time was excusable enough, but COME ON Nomura, it just ain't fair.

thats what i think to, i think the game will start off with the trio trying to get to hercules but something goes wrong with the ship so they met the old gang again and play some of the classic games while its being repaired. But we also saw how they fought against some heartless in the trailer so I wonder if the old gang will help us fight in some way if that is the case sorry donald but I want all three of them in my party even if olette just uses similar weapons as selphie

It was really nice to finally see them again, but it was kind of expected since Twilight Town was going to hold an important role in KH3. Not sure if anyone else has noticed Nomura's scale changing from trip pants to plaid.

you bring up an interesting point if one world in kh3 is as big as the entire last game does that mean we are going to see the beach that roxas once wanted to go to? Or maybe we can walk around that huge field off grass that surrounds the city

thats what i think to, i think the game will start off with the trio trying to get to hercules but something goes wrong with the ship so they met the old gang again and play some of the classic games while its being repaired. But we also saw how they fought against some heartless in the trailer so I wonder if the old gang will help us fight in some way if that is the case sorry donald but I want all three of them in my party even if olette just uses similar weapons as selphie

you bring up an interesting point if one world in kh3 is as big as the entire last game does that mean we are going to see the beach that roxas once wanted to go to? Or maybe we can walk around that huge field off grass that surrounds the city

Not to mention the area of Twilight Town they're in looks incredibly new. So the beach just might be possible.