Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
AwesomeKHfan

How much time has passed between KH2 and KH3 again?

I'd say about a year altogether with some few months between the end of DDD and the beginning of KH3 being the defining factor in this.

No your last part is wrong Kh3 begins immediately after DDD. The secret ending of DDD goes into kh3 The end of 0.2 is basically continuing after DDD and going right too kh3 it's basically our first kh3 cutscene in a game thats not a trailer.

As for the time that passed between kh2 and kh3 it's unknown who knows how long it was before Mickey sent that bottle to Sora at the end of 2 few weeks too months would be my guess.

Now Twilight Town looks bigger and kind of better I wonder how much time has passed.

It's unknown how much time has passed between Kh2 and kh3. We don't really know how long sora waited before Mickey sent that bottle to him at the end of 2. And for the new Twilight town this could be simply a new section of the town that we've just never seen before that they couldn't fit on kh2 cause of hardware limits on ps2. Remember all worlds are going to feel more alive and bigger than ever before .

Twilight town has always been big if you look at it you just can't go everywhere cause the ps2 was too weak to make huge worlds. But with the ps4 any returning worlds is going to be much bigger.

No your last part is wrong Kh3 begins immediately after DDD. The secret ending of DDD goes into kh3 The end of 0.2 is basically continuing after DDD and going right too kh3 it's basically our first kh3 cutscene in a game thats not a trailer.

As for the time that passed between kh2 and kh3 it's unknown who knows how long it was before Mickey sent that bottle to Sora at the end of 2 few weeks too months would be my guess.

KH3 doesn't begin immediately after DDD lol. Who knows how long Sora was gone in the Sleeping Realm? 0.2 picks up after DDD's secret ending. I still think overall a year has passed and KH3, depending on the ending of 0.2, could begin somewhere within the lines of a few weeks to a month tops from the end. As much as we want to start in Olympus based on the ending, we don't really know what Nomura has planned for the starting point. They could have been in Olympus for a good while, or maybe Sora accidentally went to Twilight Town instead. Considering Twilight Town is supposed to be the tutorial world again, it could be an immediate start with Donald arguing with Sora about ending up there instead of Olympus. 

Thing is it might have been weeks or months at most, but whatever the case let's not forget, each world flows at it's own pace and time differs from one another, meaning, even if it was just weeks/months in Destiny Islands or Disney Castle, Twilight Town would have it's own time frame that might be "faster" so things like the Tram Common and the new hotel and such were developed in the process. So it's kinda hard to say for real.

The final ending of KH2, as well as Blank Points, makes it seem like it hasn’t been that long since KH2. At most, maybe a day? There’s no account of whether they went to the main islands and visited or just stayed on the play island the entire time.

Coded doesn’t give a concrete timetable for when Jiminy discovered the hidden message in his journal but it seems like it couldn’t have been more than a few days at most. And Coded lasts within a day before Mickey sends that letter. All in all, if you stretch it out, it seems like at most a week maybe passes between KH2 and DDD.

Now, one other thing I don’t see brought up is the different time axis of each world. It’s entirely possible Disney Castle runs slower than Destiny Islands and vice versa. Really, there’s no truly definitive way of estimating how long it’s been. I think Nomura left it intentionally vague on purpose.

Thing is it might have been weeks or months at most, but whatever the case let's not forget, each world flows at it's own pace and time differs from one another, meaning, even if it was just weeks/months in Destiny Islands or Disney Castle, Twilight Town would have it's own time frame that might be "faster" so things like the Tram Common and the new hotel and such were developed in the process. So it's kinda hard to say for real.

The thing is, Twilight Town always had these sections (for purpose of lore), but we've never had the opportunity to go that far into it.

KH3 doesn't begin immediately after DDD lol. Who knows how long Sora was gone in the Sleeping Realm? 0.2 picks up after DDD's secret ending. I still think overall a year has passed and KH3, depending on the ending of 0.2, could begin somewhere within the lines of a few weeks to a month tops from the end. As much as we want to start in Olympus based on the ending, we don't really know what Nomura has planned for the starting point. They could have been in Olympus for a good while, or maybe Sora accidentally went to Twilight Town instead. Considering Twilight Town is supposed to be the tutorial world again, it could be an immediate start with Donald arguing with Sora about ending up there instead of Olympus. 

Two things: Nomura stated somewhere KH3 picks up RIGHT AFTER DDD and 2.9 (0.2 final cutscene) was like it's intro. We ARE going to Olympus first and then we get to TT. I admit it's strange how TT is supposed to be the tutorial world but at the same time you already have your new clothes there while you have your KHII clothes on Olympus so it indicates somehow you go there first.

Two things: Nomura stated somewhere KH3 picks up RIGHT AFTER DDD and 2.9 (0.2 final cutscene) was like it's intro. We ARE going to Olympus first and then we get to TT. I admit it's strange how TT is supposed to be the tutorial world but at the same time you already have your new clothes there while you have your KHII clothes on Olympus so it indicates somehow you go there first.

Okay cool, but when did Nomura fully confirm this (as far as Olympus first TT second goes)? I've been doing my best to keep track.

Edited by Hero of Winds

Okay cool, but when did Nomura fully confirm this (as far as Olympus first TT second goes)? I've been doing my best to keep track.

I remember there being an interview where it was stated TT is the tutorial world which is still possible. 0.2's secret ending confirmed Olympus as the first world, for Sora. I kinda hope it's not the case but t's entirely possible TT could show us the tutorial aspects as another character, like in KH2, before we jump in with Sora, but as for what character I'm not sure. 

Edited by KHVision

THAT'S ENOUGH!!! Nomura was right about Kingdom Hearts timeline and the news information!!

"Kingdom Hearts 3" is the story take place after the events of "Kingdom Hearts: Dream Drop Distance" and "Kingdom Hearts 2.9: -The First Volume-" as the secret ending of K"ingdom Hearts 0.2: Birth By Sleep: -A Fragmentary Passage-", Sora, Donald and Goofy are traveling the old world, "the Olympus" as part of "Olympus Colisuem" and Sora must be Accidentally teleported the world about "Twilight Town", where Hayner's friends resides, while Riku and King Mickey are going to find a way to rescue Master Aqua from the Realm of Darkness and even, Kairi and Lea are going to trained for Merlin and Fairy Godmother as teachers and Kairi and Lea are both became the new keyblade wielders.

So, Kairi was the last Guardians of Light and she's being shocking about Lea as the true name of Axel, while Sora has a new clothes and King Mickey and Riku has a new clothes.

And now, that explains a lot!!

I remember there being an interview where it was stated TT is the tutorial world which is still possible. 0.2's secret ending confirmed Olympus as the first world, for Sora. I kinda hope it's not the case but t's entirely possible TT could show us the tutorial aspects as another character, like in KH2, before we jump in with Sora, but as for what character I'm not sure. 

See that's what I was thinking, but Nomura is a wild man. He could do anything that would make zero sense to us, because he has done it before. At this point there is no reason to not start as Sora.

I wouldn’t look at the worlds to see how much time has passed. Realistically they look different due to the needs of each game. The new parts of Twilight Town were probably there in KH II but we just never saw them.

You know, I actually find it quite interesting that Nomura hasn't given us a specific timeframe for when Kingdom Hearts III takes place, in regards to how much time has passed between the events of II and III! But, I consider that from KHII all the way to KHIII, there is probably not that big of a gap. Sora getting the letter and he and Riku going to obtain the Mark Of Mastery probably happened within the span of a week, and after Dream Drop Distance, 0.2 immediately begins, so really, Kingdom Hearts III would be set right after Dream Drop Distance, kind of like how Star Wars: The Last Jedi began right after The Force Awakens had ended! So all in all, I'd say a couple of weeks, or a month at most for a time gap between Kingdom Hearts II and III!

Edited by The Transcendent Key