Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Riku91

Who is the other playable charachter?

Hi guys. According to you who will be the second playable character (mentioned by Nomura)?

Some times ago on Playstation Magazine Australia came rumor that it is Riku, however nothing is confirmed. Are there any elements to say that he will be the second playable character?

And why still all this mystery about who will be?

Who would you like as a second playable character? I want Riku of course. It's the thing that I absolutely want in KH3!

Let me know what you think  :smile:

It will most likely be Riku, which I would be totally fine with. That being said however, if we're going by wish lists I am secretly hoping for Lea, because Axel/Lea has always been my favourite character and it would be great to spend some more time with him. I also remember that one of the "leaks" which may or may not be real said that the game starts out playing as Young Eraqus, which would also be really cool. 

Why do you say "It will most likely be Riku"? For the "leak" on Playstation Magazine?

Lea is a character that I really like, and I thought about it. But I don't know in what context we could use Lea.

On the other hand, the thought of using Riku, accompanied by King Mickey, in the whole dark realm to save Aqua, I like very much. And maybe form a party: Riku, King Mickey and Aqua <3 

Edited by Riku91

Why do you say "It will most likely be Riku"? For the "leak" on Playstation Magazine?

Because Riku is in many ways the deuteragonist of the series. He's been a playable character in two games (three, if you count the Chain of Memories remake), so it would make sense if he is the second playable character.

Back before D23 when supposed leaks were flooding in all over the place, there were one or two that claimed KHIII would start with the player controlling Young Eraqus. I don't know if the leak was ever confirmed to be real or not. I think you can still find it in the KHIII spoilers section of the forums.

Who I hope for: Kairi and/or Lea. Who I think it's actually gonna be: Master Eraqus or Riku (of course I would not mind playing them, but I would really like Kairi or Lea)

The only thing making me second guess Riku being a playable character is Nomura and the rest of the crew being secretive about it. Which makes me think it would be a character we have not played before.

Or maybe the secret is that we get to play more than one other character sometime during the game.  

Most likely Riku for obvious reasons but if it isn't him I think Nomura considers eather Mickey or Kairi (in the 2013 interview right after the reveal of KH3 an interviewer asked immediately that Mickey was gonna be playable) because fans have been begging to play a full fledged Mickey and Kairi for years now, it's also possible we can play as Aqua in KH3 but that would be way to predictable since her part in 2.8.

Maybe Nomura let's us play as a foreteller or an old KH legend/lore character just to surprise us.

According to you, the fact that it came out that trailer almost dedicated to Riku and Mickey (as well as the soundtrack) and that was announced a "bring arts" Riku of KH3 "so soon", means something? Is it in the style of Nomura to want to say something like this?

Riku, thanks but no thanks. It is my favorite character (at least between the good guys...) but he had already too much screen-time compared to the others... I'd hope to have the Xehanort, my second choice would be Eraqus (obviously both of them in their younger version), and if you want to remain in the present I'd choice Kairi to have finally the chance to play in her clothes.

Seriously, D23 was the perfect opportunity to announce Riku as a playable character when they revealed his new look. But they didn't announce it, so I think he isn't the playable character.

Kairi on the other hand...

Edited by Komali

Riku I would say would be the most logical choice for another playable character, but like many here have mentioned, Nomura is being mysteriously mum about the whole thing...which makes me believe that the other playable character will be someone we haven't played as before!

Kairi definitely deserves her time to shine, so maybe she'll be the next playable character? Or maybe someone entirely new whom we haven't seen in the KH series before! Though, being a final entry in a saga, it would feel kinda out of place to introduce a new character out of the blue, but hey, I could be mistaken!

Riku I would say would be the most logical choice for another playable character, but like many here have mentioned, Nomura is being mysteriously mum about the whole thing...which makes me believe that the other playable character will be someone we haven't played as before!

Kairi definitely deserves her time to shine, so maybe she'll be the next playable character? Or maybe someone entirely new whom we haven't seen in the KH series before! Though, being a final entry in a saga, it would feel kinda out of place to introduce a new character out of the blue, but hey, I could be mistaken!

I suppose it could be Kairi. I am really hoping that the rumours about playing as young Eraqus are true because I think that would be really fun and different. 

Have they confirmed that there's only one other playable character, or do you guys think there'll be multiple like in Birth By Sleep?

I suppose it could be Kairi. I am really hoping that the rumours about playing as young Eraqus are true because I think that would be really fun and different. 

Have they confirmed that there's only one other playable character, or do you guys think there'll be multiple like in Birth By Sleep?

Yeah, it could. As for the Young Eraqus rumor, I too, think it'd be cool to play as him! And considering that the game is supposed to open with dialogue between Xehanort and Eraqus, one would assume that maybe this is the tutorial stage of the game, and that's when we'll play as him. And maybe throughout the game we'll get to play flashback segments with Eraqus, like how you could play as Laguna in dream segments of Final Fantasy VIII! :O

Well, for now, it's only supposed to be Sora and that secret character Nomura has remained mum about, but it'd be cool to play as the other Guardians, even if it's just at the final battle, ya know?

Yeah, it could. As for the Young Eraqus rumor, I too, think it'd be cool to play as him! And considering that the game is supposed to open with dialogue between Xehanort and Eraqus, one would assume that maybe this is the tutorial stage of the game, and that's when we'll play as him. And maybe throughout the game we'll get to play flashback segments with Eraqus, like how you could play as Laguna in dream segments of Final Fantasy VIII! :O

Well, for now, it's only supposed to be Sora and that secret character Nomura has remained mum about, but it'd be cool to play as the other Guardians, even if it's just at the final battle, ya know?

I've been under the assumption that Young Eraqus is the player character for the tutorial stage, but I am really hoping for some flashbacks where you play as him more. It might also be kinda cool to be able to play as young Xehanort, since it would give us some time seeing things from his point of view. 

I'm hoping for multiple playable characters, like 3 or more, but it wouldn't surprise me if it's just Sora and one other person. I just reeeeally want to play as Lea and spend some more time with the character.

I remember in the special back story they revealed at the Kingdom Hearts Orchestra that Kairi and Lea seem to become closer as they're going through Keyblade training, so I'd like to see some development on that. Actually, to be honest I'm kind of hoping that Lea and Kairi develop a romance of sorts. I know most people love the idea of a Sora/Kairi romance, and I get that, but I think Kairi and Lea could be an interesting pairing.

I've been under the assumption that Young Eraqus is the player character for the tutorial stage, but I am really hoping for some flashbacks where you play as him more. It might also be kinda cool to be able to play as young Xehanort, since it would give us some time seeing things from his point of view. 

I'm hoping for multiple playable characters, like 3 or more, but it wouldn't surprise me if it's just Sora and one other person. I just reeeeally want to play as Lea and spend some more time with the character.

I remember in the special back story they revealed at the Kingdom Hearts Orchestra that Kairi and Lea seem to become closer as they're going through Keyblade training, so I'd like to see some development on that. Actually, to be honest I'm kind of hoping that Lea and Kairi develop a romance of sorts. I know most people love the idea of a Sora/Kairi romance, and I get that, but I think Kairi and Lea could be an interesting pairing.

Yeah, it would be pretty awesome to get a perspective from different characters on how this story plays out! Getting to play as Young Xehanort would also be a treat!

Ooh, and I like your idea concerning Lea and Kairi!

Ooh, and I like your idea concerning Lea and Kairi!

Yay! I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks that could be interesting. Ever since Kingdom Hearts II there's been something about those two that intrigues me. Fingers crossed that something happens there.

Guys then I wanted to point out something else. That KH 0.2 is just a "demo" (if we want to call it) I think it's clear enough. So I would really make no sense that the whole dark world we saw with Aqua was made only for that "demo" (Nomura & co will have spent a lot of time designing it), but I expect it to be expanded and inserted into KH3. But if so, I think the only characters we could use are either Riku or King Mickey or Aqua. Or do you believe that someone else can go to the dark world (to do what then?)? Or do you believe that even the dark world will visit it with Sora? If so, however, it would mean that Riku and King Mickey have failed and have not saved Aqua, because right now it's the only thing that comes to mind that they have to go to the dark world, a world where once you enter it is very difficult to make you return. Or do you believe that my thought is wrong and the dark world will not be present in KH3?

Yay! I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks that could be interesting. Ever since Kingdom Hearts II there's been something about those two that intrigues me. Fingers crossed that something happens there.

Well hey, Nomura can pull an unexpected ship into being, so it's not totally out of the question! So of course, there always could be the possibility of Lea and Kairi falling for each other, though I personally prefer SoKai! :3

Well hey, Nomura can pull an unexpected ship into being, so it's not totally out of the question! So of course, there always could be the possibility of Lea and Kairi falling for each other, though I personally prefer SoKai! :3

I've actually never been a huge fan of SoKai, I think because they've barely spent any screen time together. IN the first game Sora spends most of his journey looking for her and when they finally reunited it was really sweet, and then in the second game he's more focused on Riku (though he is still looking for Kairi). And then when he does find Kairi, he's like "Oh, hey Kairi. Long time no see." It just doesn't really grab me. But it's the main ship, so I totally get the appeal for everyone else.

And I mean, obviously Lea and Kairi haven't spent much screen time together, though Kairi and Axel had a bit. However, that was when he kidnapped her, sooooo I guess well see what happens with that. But the Kingdom Hearts Orchestra script said that Lea is constantly apologizing to Kairi for what he did to her as Axel, and he's apparently always staring at her. Probably because she resembles Xion and I think his memories of her are still in there somewhere, but still. I think this pairing could work well. 

I've actually never been a huge fan of SoKai, I think because they've barely spent any screen time together. IN the first game Sora spends most of his journey looking for her and when they finally reunited it was really sweet, and then in the second game he's more focused on Riku (though he is still looking for Kairi). And then when he does find Kairi, he's like "Oh, hey Kairi. Long time no see." It just doesn't really grab me. But it's the main ship, so I totally get the appeal for everyone else.

And I mean, obviously Lea and Kairi haven't spent much screen time together, though Kairi and Axel had a bit. However, that was when he kidnapped her, sooooo I guess well see what happens with that. But the Kingdom Hearts Orchestra script said that Lea is constantly apologizing to Kairi for what he did to her as Axel, and he's apparently always staring at her. Probably because she resembles Xion and I think his memories of her are still in there somewhere, but still. I think this pairing could work well. 

Yeah, well, that's why I'm really hoping that Kairi in particular gets some pretty good character development now, and I'd love to see the relationship between her and Sora be expanded upon, since they'd be fighting side by side instead of Kairi being the damsel in distress, ya know?

Oh yeah, I remember that! It's when Kairi was thinking to herself about how Lea was going out of his way to sincerely apologize for everything, and that he wanted to make amends and whatnot! They seemed to be training in a sort of time containment chamber, similar to when Ichigo trained in Urahara's basement in Bleach, where time passed slowly inside, am I right?

Yeah, well, that's why I'm really hoping that Kairi in particular gets some pretty good character development now, and I'd love to see the relationship between her and Sora be expanded upon, since they'd be fighting side by side instead of Kairi being the damsel in distress, ya know?

Oh yeah, I remember that! It's when Kairi was thinking to herself about how Lea was going out of his way to sincerely apologize for everything, and that he wanted to make amends and whatnot! They seemed to be training in a sort of time containment chamber, similar to when Ichigo trained in Urahara's basement in Bleach, where time passed slowly inside, am I rig

Yeah, exactly! He keeps trying to apologize to her while they're training with Merlin. I'm not sure where they're training, though. I don't think there was any description for that.

Yeah, exactly! He keeps trying to apologize to her while they're training with Merlin. I'm not sure where they're training, though. I don't think there was any description for that.

Haha, yeah, I find that pretty darn sweet of him! Adorable, even!

And I believe Nomura did describe where they were training, or I think I'm basing this off of Yen Sid's dialogue in Dream Drop Distance, where he mentioned that Lea was training in a chamber where time flowed differently, so he could get a better handle into wielding a Keyblade. Either that, or I heard wrong. X3