Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Connected

Recording for Kingdom Hearts 3 wrapped up. No Vexen?

Since the cat is already out the bag there is no point of hiding it.

Voice Actor Derek Stephen has told that he wasn't asked for Kingdom Hearts 3 for his role as Vexen/Even.

He also stated that the recording for Kingdom Hearts 3 has wrapped up!

Kinda sad to Hear about this since he was a really cool villain.

16ks3r.jpg

This doesn't make sense... Even was in the room when Lea, Aeleus, and Ienzo woke up in Kingdom Hearts 3D. Here's the scene to prove it: 

What's the point of bringing back Even if he doesn't have any lines? 

Edited by Allwil13

I think Vexen is coming back. Besides, if the Riku Replica really is returning n KH3, i think Vexen would have some sort of role with that plot point (considering he technically created the Replica). Plus, i personally believe Vexen is a very significant character to the lore of Union Cross. Because in Birth by Sleep on Ventus's story Vexen makes this remark: "A heart completely devoid of darkness? Stripped clean of it that.....Very questionable. *smiles*" Not only that, here's another one: "I have a feeling we'll cross paths again." Now this is just in theory but i think Vexen might know something about Ventus. And this something has something to do with his involvement in Union Cross. Plus, Vexen was playing the parent role for Ienzo. Again, this is just in theory but i think Ienzo is actually Brain's son (its Not Blaine. Let It Go and Move On.) This again indicates Vexen could have a connection to Union Cross in some way.

After James Woods & Drake Bell let it slip about their castings & the recordings of the game's dub, it's entirely possible that they told everyone else who recorded to definitely not talk about the spoilers of the plot of the game, including characters not shown in the trailers. We've seen Hades & young Eraqus in some of the trailers already, so we know James Woods was coming back to voice him (because he always does) & it was a while before someone finally got confirmation from Drake Bell that he's young Eraqus, as well as Marluxia. Larxene was recently confirmed too, which was a spoiler not shown in the trailers yet.

It's entirely possible Xehanort's bringing back the original Oraginization XIII members before they were defeated & turned back to normal, so whether Vexen or Even will make an appearance, it's entirely possible they're bringing him back, but he's not saying anything due to an NDA. We don't know how secretive Derek Stephen Prince is being here. He could be telling the truth, in which case it's a total missed opportunity not to bring one of the versions of the character back in some capacity, or not give him lines if he is coming back. The KH dubbers like to keep as many of the actors as they can between games, so I doubt they wouldn't get him, considering this is the KH equivalent to the first Avengers movie with bringing together every character that they want/can from previous installments, plus new characters. Anyways, I'm not believing it till I see it.

The real question is, does Sarge have lines in the game & did R. Lee Ermey record them before he died?

Edited by Scsigs

He could be playing us. After all, Vexen IS a sneaky guy.

Ha, I see what you did there! 

This doesn't make sense... Even was in the room when Lea, Aeleus, and Ienzo woke up in Kingdom Hearts 3D. Here's the scene to prove it: 

Well, maybe it's that Square changed Even's voice actor, but I doubt that'd be the case! It could be as Perkilator has said, and maybe Derek is tricking us into thinking that he's not gonna voice Even in the game, ya know?

I think Vexen is coming back. Besides, if the Riku Replica really is returning n KH3, i think Vexen would have some sort of role with that plot point (considering he technically created the Replica). Plus, i personally believe Vexen is a very significant character to the lore of Union Cross. Because in Birth by Sleep on Ventus's story Vexen makes this remark: "A heart completely devoid of darkness? Stripped clean of it that.....Very questionable. *smiles*" Not only that, here's another one: "I have a feeling we'll cross paths again." Now this is just in theory but i think Vexen might know something about Ventus. And this something has something to do with his involvement in Union Cross. Plus, Vexen was playing the parent role for Ienzo. Again, this is just in theory but i think Ienzo is actually Brain's son (its Not Blaine. Let It Go and Move On.) This again indicates Vexen could have a connection to Union Cross in some way.

Hmm, this is a most interesting paragraph right here! It's true that Even seems to know more about Ventus than he lets on, so maybe he does have some role to play in Union X!

As for what I think, it could be that Even's voice actor has changed, or it could simply be that Derek is being coy and denying any work when work might have gone down! Dang...if voice acting is already wrapped up, then this is exciting news, and we could get the game sooner than expected!

what's the point of giving Kairi a keyblade and then never touching on where Riku got it from for twelve years

what's the point of giving Kairi a keyblade and then never touching on where Riku got it from for twelve years

Good point. Maybe they'll explain that in KHIII.