Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter

So I checked on your first point, I had actually never heard of it but apparently there are special cards for Days. However, the cards can be unlocked at any time, so it will be fine if you play RE:CoM first and Days afterwards.

For number 2, I actually dislike the mechanics in COM as well, however I've heard that if you stock up on sonic blade cards, it makes the game really easy to play. Hopefully someone else with better knowledge can come along and answer your second question.

So I checked on your first point, I had actually never heard of it but apparently there are special cards for Days. However, the cards can be unlocked at any time, so it will be fine if you play RE:CoM first and Days afterwards.

For number 2, I actually dislike the mechanics in COM as well, however I've heard that if you stock up on sonic blade cards, it makes the game really easy to play. Hopefully someone else with better knowledge can come along and answer your second question.

So i should just complete the game, and then maybe get back to it after unlocking the bonus cards by watching Days? But then what would i need them for? :D

Yeah okay, I just can't figure the game out - its as if you play in small square maps, thanks though man.

Huh, never knew about those bonus cards xD Personally I don't think you need those, I beat Re:CoM without any of them and was just fine. 

I'd also agree with your list and say finishing Re:CoM first is the better choice. Not because you need to have it played before Days necessarily but because you should have played at least KH2 before watching Days. Otherwise it will be super confusing.

About your second question, I hated the game mechanics of Re:CoM xD So I don't really have any advice, I sucked at those cards. Personally I would say skip the game and just watch a collection of the cutscenes on youtube, cause those are the best part of it, but that's your choice.

The Days cards are only necessary if you want to Platinum the game, otherwise you don't really need to go back and acquire them as none of them are necessarily game breaking. For your number 2 question, as grueling as it can be to read message text, pay really close attention to what they're telling you to do in both the first battle with the black coat, as well as with Leon ; both of these fights explain the battle mechanics and will help you understand the controls better. And if you really want to play them chronologically (story wise) put Birth By Sleep at #1 on your list and the rest is correct. Hope this helps!

Edited by Joey Mancini

Huh, never knew about those bonus cards xD Personally I don't think you need those, I beat Re:CoM without any of them and was just fine. 

I'd also agree with your list and say finishing Re:CoM first is the better choice. Not because you need to have it played before Days necessarily but because you should have played at least KH2 before watching Days. Otherwise it will be super confusing.

About your second question, I hated the game mechanics of Re:CoM xD So I don't really have any advice, I sucked at those cards. Personally I would say skip the game and just watch a collection of the cutscenes on youtube, cause those are the best part of it, but that's your choice.

Thanks! I think im just gonna try and play it, even though i think it seems kinda dull - don't wanna miss out on anything! :)

The Days cards are only necessary if you want to Platinum the game, otherwise you don't really need to go back and acquire them as none of them are necessarily game breaking. For your number 2 question, as grueling as it can be to read message text, pay really close attention to what they're telling you to do in both the first battle with the black coat, as well as with Leon ; both of these fights explain the battle mechanics and will help you understand the controls better. And if you really want to play them chronologically (story wise) put Birth By Sleep at #1 on your list and the rest is correct. Hope this helps!

So it's just overkill to try and get those? Seems odd they would even make it an option, considering what seems to be a very elaborate lore in all these games..

I'll start over then, thanks!

I think i might wait with bbs, i already finished the first game - and isn't it better/the intended way to play the series by the released order of the games, and not by the chronological story?

Don't re:com and days happen at the same time? Tbh, I'd play (watch) days first anyway. It contextualizes what the org is doing in castle oblivion.

Edited by Sorual

That is the correct order to play the game (I'm assuming you also have the 2.8 collection as well when you get there I recommend playing Dream Drop Distance then watch the movie it's only an hour long then play 0.2) About those cards in Re:CoM as long as you don't open up any of the Key to Rewards door before you watch the Days movie you should be fine.  You don't get the Key to Rewards card until you get to floor 7 and it's a random drop from regular enemies.  Yeah the mechanics for Re:CoM is way different from the other games but it's the only game like that.  It dose get easy when you understand it and you will once you get stronger cards and powerful Slights and make your deck so you can do those moves it will get better. 

Thanks! I think im just gonna try and play it, even though i think it seems kinda dull - don't wanna miss out on anything! :)

So it's just overkill to try and get those? Seems odd they would even make it an option, considering what seems to be a very elaborate lore in all these games..

I'll start over then, thanks!

I think i might wait with bbs, i already finished the first game - and isn't it better/the intended way to play the series by the released order of the games, and not by the chronological story?

Understandable. I also was determined to finish it at least once, but in the end only managed to finish Sora's part.

Also never do the chronological order for your first real playthrough. It's always better to do the order of their release dates, especially with Kingdom Hearts. Or else you won't get quite a lot of references.

Either way have fun! I would love to be able to play the whole series for the first time again :)

Since I've got experience with the Kingdom Hearts series, I'd say that the chronological order is the best way to go, but since you are a first timer, order of release is the perfect way for you to play the games. That way, you'll see how new plot elements are introduced, and then, after you play through the games, you'll have a better appreciation for how each of the games connect to one another, which will then feel even more gratifying when you play them again in chronological order! :)

As for Re:CoM, the game's mechanics are really easy to understand, you just have to experiment with what cards you like to use and what sleights you'd like to use best! As long as you balance normal attacks with sleights, you'll have a blast playing the game, though you also can't just hash away sleights willy nilly, because Re:CoM is more strategic than the other KH games, making you think twice before delivering an attack, so keep that in mind! If you have any doubts, Everglow's videos on Re:CoM should help out greatly! I hope this helps! :D

I recommend sticking to the order you have and not skipping to 358/2 Days, since it spoils things for KH COM and KH2, and I think it could become confusing.

If you have a hard time with COM's system, I personally think it helps to keep these in mind:

1. There are two shortcut buttons for your deck during battle, I think they're up and down on the control pad, one of which is a shortcut to the card you use to recharge your deck, and the other is one you personally set to any card in your present deck. This is explained at the beginning of the game, but I forgot it instantly and suffered through the majority of the game without it. lol

2. Although you can run around and dodge in battle, it's usually best to just use your cards to cancel enemy attacks. I used to have the habit of running when a heartless approached me like in any other game, but it helps to remember that they can't hurt you unless their card appears on-screen, and in most cases there's enough of a lag for you to counter them. It's good to keep in mind because otherwise you might run away from them while trying to go through your deck, and that adds unnecessary tension to the game when fighting regular heartless. You can stand in their faces as long as their cards don't appear on screen yet.

3. I don't know if you've started the game yet, so I'll give a slight explanation on the "0 card." If an enemy uses a card with a number on it, and while their card is still on screen, you can use a card with a higher number than their's to cancel their attack and perform your own. And if you use a card with the same number as their attack, then both your attacks with be nullified. 0 cards are special, because even though any card can cancel them out, they can cancel out any card as well. I think it's good to keep the 0 card as your customized shortcut, since it can even cancel out the special moves in boss fights (which can be up to number 27).

4. You don't have to hit the enemy to cancel their move with your card. You can be across the screen and as long as your card is greater, they'll be canceled.

Overall, the best thing to do is practice it. It's really hard and weird at first, but as you go through the game you'll learn it. I really like the system now, and I was awful at it when I started. xD But if the system stays uncomfortable for you, I think Everglow on Youtube had a tutorial video on COM.

And while others have said this, I agree that the Days cards are just extras. Unless you want to 100% your deck, you don't actually need them.

Anyway, good luck with the game, and I hope you enjoy the rest of the series!

That is the correct order to play the game (I'm assuming you also have the 2.8 collection as well when you get there I recommend playing Dream Drop Distance then watch the movie it's only an hour long then play 0.2) About those cards in Re:CoM as long as you don't open up any of the Key to Rewards door before you watch the Days movie you should be fine.  You don't get the Key to Rewards card until you get to floor 7 and it's a random drop from regular enemies.  Yeah the mechanics for Re:CoM is way different from the other games but it's the only game like that.  It dose get easy when you understand it and you will once you get stronger cards and powerful Slights and make your deck so you can do those moves it will get better. 

I don't have the 2.8 collection yet, figure i will buy it when i finish this one!

What do you mean? Should i just avoid theese "Key rewards" and why so?

Yeah, I guess sleighs make it way easier, but you can't just spam them can you?

Since I've got experience with the Kingdom Hearts series, I'd say that the chronological order is the best way to go, but since you are a first timer, order of release is the perfect way for you to play the games. That way, you'll see how new plot elements are introduced, and then, after you play through the games, you'll have a better appreciation for how each of the games connect to one another, which will then feel even more gratifying when you play them again in chronological order! :)

As for Re:CoM, the game's mechanics are really easy to understand, you just have to experiment with what cards you like to use and what sleights you'd like to use best! As long as you balance normal attacks with sleights, you'll have a blast playing the game, though you also can't just hash away sleights willy nilly, because Re:CoM is more strategic than the other KH games, making you think twice before delivering an attack, so keep that in mind! If you have any doubts, Everglow's videos on Re:CoM should help out greatly! I hope this helps! :D

Thanks, that does sound pretty good :D

Oh okay, I will look into that, guess i just have to get used to it!

I recommend sticking to the order you have and not skipping to 358/2 Days, since it spoils things for KH COM and KH2, and I think it could become confusing.

If you have a hard time with COM's system, I personally think it helps to keep these in mind:

1. There are two shortcut buttons for your deck during battle, I think they're up and down on the control pad, one of which is a shortcut to the card you use to recharge your deck, and the other is one you personally set to any card in your present deck. This is explained at the beginning of the game, but I forgot it instantly and suffered through the majority of the game without it. lol

2. Although you can run around and dodge in battle, it's usually best to just use your cards to cancel enemy attacks. I used to have the habit of running when a heartless approached me like in any other game, but it helps to remember that they can't hurt you unless their card appears on-screen, and in most cases there's enough of a lag for you to counter them. It's good to keep in mind because otherwise you might run away from them while trying to go through your deck, and that adds unnecessary tension to the game when fighting regular heartless. You can stand in their faces as long as their cards don't appear on screen yet.

3. I don't know if you've started the game yet, so I'll give a slight explanation on the "0 card." If an enemy uses a card with a number on it, and while their card is still on screen, you can use a card with a higher number than their's to cancel their attack and perform your own. And if you use a card with the same number as their attack, then both your attacks with be nullified. 0 cards are special, because even though any card can cancel them out, they can cancel out any card as well. I think it's good to keep the 0 card as your customized shortcut, since it can even cancel out the special moves in boss fights (which can be up to number 27).

4. You don't have to hit the enemy to cancel their move with your card. You can be across the screen and as long as your card is greater, they'll be canceled.

Overall, the best thing to do is practice it. It's really hard and weird at first, but as you go through the game you'll learn it. I really like the system now, and I was awful at it when I started. xD But if the system stays uncomfortable for you, I think Everglow on Youtube had a tutorial video on COM.

And while others have said this, I agree that the Days cards are just extras. Unless you want to 100% your deck, you don't actually need them.

Thank you so much, I really think this might help! 

I don't have the 2.8 collection yet, figure i will buy it when i finish this one!

What do you mean? Should i just avoid theese "Key rewards" and why so?

Yeah, I guess sleighs make it way easier, but you can't just spam them can you?

Thank you so much, I really think this might help! 

Well you will not miss getting those Key to Rewards cars just avoid the rooms for a while until after you watch Days. I'm not sure if this is true or not but I heard that if you go into one of the rooms without watching the Days scenes then you won't be able to get the extra card that is in that room on that playthrough and would have to start a new game in order to get it.  I'm not sure if that is true or not so that's why I would wait.

You're welcome, and trust me, it does! You're gonna have a blast playing these games, I guarantee it! :D

Don't worry, once you get the hang of the gameplay, you'll be acing it left and right! :)

I believe you should play through Re: CoM first then watch Days. I don't fully understand why anyone is telling you to watch Days after completing 2. It might be because it was released afterwards, but it chronologically tells the story that happens between KH1 and KH2 for Roxas. Since you're just watching it, I'd suggest hitting it before KH2.

For tips on Re:CoM Everglow has a really nice guide on how to effectively use your cards:

Another thing to keep in mind after this video, is to not only effectively set your cards up for combos, but try to build your deck with sleights in mind. You're not always going to use the sleights, but your cards should be set based on their best use in a combo and to determine your sleights. Sleights are absolutely necessary to figure out. Spend some time putting things together this way so that you can deal the best damage outcome possible.

Edited by Hero of Winds

I never finished since I kept getting pummeled by Repliku on the last fight before Larxene shows up in Sora's story. I only know about Riku's part because of the cutscenes. I honestly prefer Days for the DS since the gameplay isn't that challenging compared to Days, there are more cutscenes and even some parts like battling Xion's first and second form along with the fight with Saix,and my favorite mission mode. I have thought about going for Gameboy Advance for COM.