Sign in to follow this  
Django Moore

Final Fantasy VII Remake: Coming this lifetime!

Kiss my ass Square Enix

"Oh hey guys,we're gonna make you wait a firetrucking lifetime for one game that your grandsons are more likely to play before you"

Give me a break it's not a firetrucking NASA space shuttle,yes Game development isn't easy I get that but their development cycles and development ethos have been killing them for 12 years now and this just shows they've learned absolutely nothing from FF15

I might love the Final Fantasy franchise but I'm not this much of a lunatic to keep wating and be hyped for one firetrucking product for almost 10 years

Well...that was something! xD

Good thing I'm playing the original FFVII currently, and enjoying the heck out of it! I'm excited to see how the remake will end up when it comes! Cuz FFVII in its base form to this day is still quite an impressive game. I'm surprised at how this game was so ahead of its time back when it first came out on the PS1! Pretty impressive stuff, if I do say so myself!

But yeah, I'm glad I decided to play FFVII, cuz I was actually gonna wait till the remake to play it! xD

well thats it square you are now on my naughty list be carefull not to end up on my "I will never buy your games again list"

Kiss my ass Square Enix

"Oh hey guys,we're gonna make you wait a firetrucking lifetime for one game that your grandsons are more likely to play before you"

Give me a break it's not a firetrucking NASA space shuttle,yes Game development isn't easy I get that but their development cycles and development ethos have been killing them for 12 years now and this just shows they've learned absolutely nothing from FF15

I might love the Final Fantasy franchise but I'm not this much of a lunatic to keep wating and be hyped for one firetrucking product for almost 10 years

they would have to hire more people (or just more competent ones) but you see that costs money and well...you know.. capitalism and all that

well thats it square you are now on my naughty list be carefull not to end up on my "I will never buy your games again list"

they would have to hire more people (or just more competent ones) but you see that costs money and well...you know.. capitalism and all that

They're actively making this way harder for themselves than it actually is

It started with them entering the game engine business with their dumb Crystal Tools and Luminous engines rather than using Unreal Engine which is what the entire industry is using.

Then it got worse once their obsession with graphics kicked in(some thing Yoshi P the director of FF14 pointed out himself) as they made those engine to produce overly realistic graphics and as time went on developing games on those were a hellish experience and by the time the games came out they looked woefully outdated compared to what's in the market

Thirdly ,having Nomura direct a bajillion projects all at once rather than focusing on 1 at a time

And finally,ANNOUNCING THINGS WAY TOO EARLY

Sure I understand that for KH3 as their reputation was on the line,but there is no excuse for 15 to be announced in 2006 when it was Versus XIII with no release date in sight till a decade later.the VII remake shouldn't have been announced in 2015 at all.Even if Sony requested them to do that to drum up hype for their E3 conference that backfired on Square way more than it helped

Square seems like to take their fandom for granted.Sure they seem very loyal on forums online but human patience can only be tested so much before said fans either forget the game existed or just get fed up from Square's bullshit

They're actively making this way harder for themselves than it actually is

It started with them entering the game engine business with their dumb Crystal Tools and Luminous engines rather than using Unreal Engine which is what the entire industry is using.

Then it got worse once their obsession with graphics kicked in(some thing Yoshi P the director of FF14 pointed out himself) as they made those engine to produce overly realistic graphics and as time went on developing games on those were a hellish experience and by the time the games came out they looked woefully outdated compared to what's in the market

Thirdly ,having Nomura direct a bajillion projects all at once rather than focusing on 1 at a time

And finally,ANNOUNCING THINGS WAY TOO EARLY

Sure I understand that for KH3 as their reputation was on the line,but there is no excuse for 15 to be announced in 2006 when it was Versus XIII with no release date in sight till a decade later.the VII remake shouldn't have been announced in 2015 at all.Even if Sony requested them to do that to drum up hype for their E3 conference that backfired on Square way more than it helped

Square seems like to take their fandom for granted.Sure they seem very loyal on forums online but human patience can only be tested so much before said fans either forget the game existed or just get fed up from Square's bullshit

It'll be interesting to see how this develops in the coming months. The fact alone that FFVII seems to have reset its development to zero alone is a worrisome thing. And this is going off of the heels of XV, which barely succeeded itself! I mean sure, it sold well, but with the whole DLC conundrum, it really drew a lot of people away. I think odds are we'd probably get FFXVI first than FFVII Remake, if we're honest! :O

It'll be interesting to see how this develops in the coming months. The fact alone that FFVII seems to have reset its development to zero alone is a worrisome thing. And this is going off of the heels of XV, which barely succeeded itself! I mean sure, it sold well, but with the whole DLC conundrum, it really drew a lot of people away. I think odds are we'd probably get FFXVI first than FFVII Remake, if we're honest! :O

XV sold well but not quite the big Final Fantasy numbers that they used to sell back in the day even in the Ps2 era

Selling fast on first month means nothing if long term sales slows to a crawl shortly after so news like "The fastest selling FF game" doesn't really mean the best selling

And even if it sold the same numbers,the development cost is so astronomical that they just couldn't make it back with the base game alone....but doing sequels like XIII-2 backfired so they chose the DLC approach which I wouldn't have minded if the game wasn't so incomplete and fragmented beyond belief

XV sold well but not quite the big Final Fantasy numbers that they used to sell back in the day even in the Ps2 era

Selling fast on first month means nothing if long term sales slows to a crawl shortly after so news like "The fastest selling FF game" doesn't really mean the best selling

And even if it sold the same numbers,the development cost is so astronomical that they just couldn't make it back with the base game alone....but doing sequels like XIII-2 backfired so they chose the DLC approach which I wouldn't have minded if the game wasn't so incomplete and fragmented beyond belief

Yeah, it's pretty crazy, when you think about it! Perhaps what Square's doing now with FFVII Remake is preventing the same mistake from XV from happening again! But still, with the world knowing that this game is in development, it'll be tough for Square to keep the world's patience in check, since this game will probably take a very long time to release! I just thank God that Kingdom Hearts III is just on the horizon, and that game definitely looks like it'll be a complete package!

But anyways, back to FFVII Remake, if it ends up being the case that this game could end up releasing so late, it'll probably end up being on the Playstation 5, as opposed to the PS4, ya know?

Yeah, it's pretty crazy, when you think about it! Perhaps what Square's doing now with FFVII Remake is preventing the same mistake from XV from happening again! But still, with the world knowing that this game is in development, it'll be tough for Square to keep the world's patience in check, since this game will probably take a very long time to release! I just thank God that Kingdom Hearts III is just on the horizon, and that game definitely looks like it'll be a complete package!

But anyways, back to FFVII Remake, if it ends up being the case that this game could end up releasing so late, it'll probably end up being on the Playstation 5, as opposed to the PS4, ya know?

Won't be the first time that happened

Remember when Final Fantasy XV(back when it was Versus XIII) was supposed to be this grandious Ps3 exclusive?Man that was 12 years ago and I was 16 back then

Won't be the first time that happened

Remember when Final Fantasy XV(back when it was Versus XIII) was supposed to be this grandious Ps3 exclusive?Man that was 12 years ago and I was 16 back then

Yeah, I remember back then when the game was announced! People even though that Noctis was Cloud with gray hair, and I was one of those people that thought that back then. xD The trailer made the game look much darker back in the day, ya know?

Wait I thought that was just a joke from the creators! but if it is true than I swear someone needs to do a reality check there and STOP giving Nomura so many projects dear God it's sometimes a wonder that he doesn't quite he is already working on 3 projects or more and I'm pretty sure they have enough Directors there with a brain and if they don't well that's stupid.

One rumor says that Nomura is hardly working on the FF7 Remake floor becauser he needs to finish KH3 which was already in the talks back in 2010 and 2012 UGH I don't understand why I even wait for the Remake and now with the PS4 going to end UGH they probably REMAKE it for the PS4.