Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Iamkingdomhearts1000

I don't want Kingdom Hearts III to end tragically or bittersweet.

I can relate to that. Tragedies certainly have their place and are also realistic with wars, but there seems to be the popular opinion going around that, in order to be great and profound, everything must be dark and tragic.

Personally, I don't think anyone has to die to make the game satisfying (except for Xehanort maybe because I cannot imagine him suddenly redeeming himself in a believable fashion).

But the main reason a really tragic ending would make me unhappy in KH3 is that the concept of death is really ambiguous and not really all that present. They are literally going to bring back people who don't exist anymore. Who don't even have a real body. For some reason, it would be a little grating for me if they bring back Naminé, Xion and Roxas, who were all more or less not meant to exist, and then kill of characters because they allegedly cannot be saved. I have nothing against those three or them getting a happy ending, I just don't think it's justified to kill off other characters either because they're not that popular or because they are too popular.

Or because they disturb the beloved trio dynamic, which would be the case if Isa is killed off just to create a deep emotional impact for Lea and so he doesn't get in-between Xion, Roxas and Lea. (Since his behavior toward them has not been easily forgivable.)

Either way, this whole "hard to accept" business can really refer to so many things or is Nomura creating more drama than there actually is. I could find at three scenarios for that statement without resorting to too drastic measurements, such as that it will simply be hard to accept that it's the end of a saga. That it might end up being rather open despite the main theme of resolution, like KH1 did or BBS, to prepare for the next games. Knowing that we will have to wait an indefinite amount of time for a continuation. Etc.

I don't see the need to make KH3 too tragic either, mainly because the franchise is a bit like Marvel in the aspect that almost everyone presumed death returns in one way or another. Except for characters like Uncle Ben or so. It would be hard to explain why some characters won't be able to. I'm not even sure Master Eraqus is truly gone.

We don't know what this 'Hard to Swallow' ending is that's an extremely vague statement as it could mean way to many things.

I expect a pretty good resolution I just don't expect it to be 100% sweet or to wrap everything up nicely I imagine the ending of this saga has caused far to much havoc meaning there's still even worse threats out there.

Judging by how the series has gone so far I don't think there'll be a ton of casualties in KHIII. I think the closest thing to a hero death that will happen will be Isa dying, because after everything he's done as Saix, I don't think there'll be any way to redeem him without his death. Other than that, I imagine most main characters will come out alive. Pretty much every "death" so far has been resolved with the character returning in some form or another. Plus, the series is still intended to be child-friendly so they can't go too dark.

Riku: Sora, I don't feel so good.

not gonna lie that would be a nice way of introducing the marvel universe into KH and to kick of a new saga not riku but maybe someone else

I've always thought that Riku would fall in Kingdom Hearts 3.

I hope not that would make his whole journey seem pointless (to some extend)

I can relate to that. Tragedies certainly have their place and are also realistic with wars, but there seems to be the popular opinion going around that, in order to be great and profound, everything must be dark and tragic.

Personally, I don't think anyone has to die to make the game satisfying (except for Xehanort maybe because I cannot imagine him suddenly redeeming himself in a believable fashion).

But the main reason a really tragic ending would make me unhappy in KH3 is that the concept of death is really ambiguous and not really all that present. They are literally going to bring back people who don't exist anymore. Who don't even have a real body. For some reason, it would be a little grating for me if they bring back Naminé, Xion and Roxas, who were all more or less not meant to exist, and then kill of characters because they allegedly cannot be saved. I have nothing against those three or them getting a happy ending, I just don't think it's justified to kill off other characters either because they're not that popular or because they are too popular.

Or because they disturb the beloved trio dynamic, which would be the case if Isa is killed off just to create a deep emotional impact for Lea and so he doesn't get in-between Xion, Roxas and Lea. (Since his behavior toward them has not been easily forgivable.)

Either way, this whole "hard to accept" business can really refer to so many things or is Nomura creating more drama than there actually is. I could find at three scenarios for that statement without resorting to too drastic measurements, such as that it will simply be hard to accept that it's the end of a saga. That it might end up being rather open despite the main theme of resolution, like KH1 did or BBS, to prepare for the next games. Knowing that we will have to wait an indefinite amount of time for a continuation. Etc.

I don't see the need to make KH3 too tragic either, mainly because the franchise is a bit like Marvel in the aspect that almost everyone presumed death returns in one way or another. Except for characters like Uncle Ben or so. It would be hard to explain why some characters won't be able to. I'm not even sure Master Eraqus is truly gone.

Xehanort is not going to reedem himself right from the start you realize that he is the type of character that has already choosen his path period. I do love redemption storys but in a chase like his it would make me angry since this is a guy that litteraly worships darkness.

Though I would prefer there to be SOME permanent consequenzes to all of this, like for exampel none of the good nobodies coming back since for me the whole Idea behind them was that they are simply born with a tragic existence and that what they  now have is the best they will ever gonna get which is not Bad but not good either. It also all depends what nomura plans to do for the next saga will we return to the classic trio? Will we be thanks to some magic mubo jumbo be seperated from Riku,kairi,terra,aqua, Leon and CO so that they are out of the Picture to keep it simpel? Question on top of Questions

Nomura had enough time to come up with a ending that will be perfect for the saga and I am sure he wont dissapoint, whatever it is going to be either happy sunset and rainbows or bittersweet, tears are going to drop either way.

Yeah I hate the "it's dark and edgy so that makes it better, if it's happy that means it unrealistic" mentality. Sometimes the "dark and edgy" can feel very forced. Like it's a game where we visit a bunch of Disney characters, and yes it can be quite a bit sad and dark at times but at it's heart it's still a very uplifting game.

That being said, I do like there being consequences also. It can be a little weird when there's this big war and everything just goes back to normal at the end. It's nice to have some stakes and not everything going back to the way things were at the end. So I guess I hope KH3 has some sort of balance? And consequences don't always have to mean death. Like lets say, KH1 were everyone gets separated. The good guys are still alive but they are still not together. Something like that could happen. Or one of them makes a huge mistake and they lose the trust of their friends. That would be interesting. 

Didn't Nomura say that KH3 will have a happy ending somewhere?

I did remember him saying something among those lines. So who knows, he might be messing with us.

I am honestly open to any kind of ending that Nomura has in store for us! If the game ends up having a very happy ending, (Which I believe it should, since most of the series has had grim, dark and bittersweet endings.) then I'm all for it! But if it's a bittersweet ending, then I'll take it as well!

I am one of those that believe that this conflict will end with the Guardians Of Light winning, but at a cost. Whether that cause will be great or small, I know not. If anyone of the lights will die, I think it'll be Terra in self sacrifice. Other than that, I see it hard for the others to die. Many people are also saying that Lea may be killed by Isa, so there's that! :O

But anyways, I'm sure the ending of the game will be something that'll be talked about for a very long time, whether it be for good or ill! :3

This might sound weird but I actually do want a main character like Sora or Riku to legit die. I want this game to f me up emotionally and leave me thinking that it was a great ending to something I’ve been waiting for literally half my life