Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Sign in to follow this  
maresalis

Listen to the extended preview of Utada Hikaru's "Chikai"!

As we near the release of Utada Hikaru's seventh album, Hatsukoi, her website has uploaded an extended look at the highly anticipated Japanese track "Chikai".

The song has received a 43 second sound clip that can be previewed here on her website. "Chikai" or "Oath" will be the fourth song on her new album and is noted on her site as being the theme from Kingdom Hearts III!

Hatsukoi will be released on June 27th, 2018 and is currently available for pre-order through CDJapan!

Are you as excited as we are for the new theme? Let us know in the comments below!

Click here to view the article

im really curious to see whether this will be played as an opening or a closing. And if there are both an opening and a closing theme, what would the other version of this song sound like?

This new 43 second preview clearly indicates that the song builds up to something, especially from the initial preview we got, and it's no longer the quiet / soft ballad everyone probably thought it was. I pointed out in another forum, but in the last 10 seconds of this preview, you can hear a synth bass that suggests the song might turn into something more electronic sounding or catchy/dance-y at the end. I could be going on a complete whim here though.

So then I'm starting to think this could be used as the opening instead, which makes me question what kinda sound the other version of this song would be. Quieter, like the "after the battle" version of Passion? Or maybe uplifting as in a dance remix, like the "Planitb Remix" of Hikari, to end on a high note? Possibilities are endless lol...

im really curious to see whether this will be played as an opening or a closing. And if there are both an opening and a closing theme, what would the other version of this song sound like?

This new 43 second preview clearly indicates that the song builds up to something, especially from the initial preview we got, and it's no longer the quiet / soft ballad everyone probably thought it was. I pointed out in another forum, but in the last 10 seconds of this preview, you can hear a synth bass that suggests the song might turn into something more electronic sounding or catchy/dance-y at the end. I could be going on a complete whim here though.

So then I'm starting to think this could be used as the opening instead, which makes me question what kinda sound the other version of this song would be. Quieter, like the "after the battle" version of Passion? Or maybe uplifting as in a dance remix, like the "Planitb Remix" of Hikari, to end on a high note? Possibilities are endless lol...

I am very confident it will turn into something upbeat i mean HELLO we waited over 10 years for this moment i want my heart pumping like a steam engine when the song is over!

God, I listened to that sample...thank you for sharing this with us, Maresalis!

I mean honestly, I am loving this song to pieces, and I really hope that this is the version that plays in both the intro of the game and at the credits! Because I honestly believe that this song doesn't need a remix! The song serves as both a sad and happy song, depending on the context of the moment, so honestly, I believe KHIII's intro should have this song as it is. It is the final entry in the Xehanort Saga, and with the stakes the way they are, the song does reflect the darker tone. That's just what I think, though. If there's a remix, you won't find me complaining, but I honestly find that this beautiful song doesn't require it! :)

Edited by The Transcendent Key