Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
xXMikey1stXx

Does the kingdom hearts series have the strongest fictional creatures?

Answer is yes. If you don't have a method to keep them slain, like Xion was trying to do, you'll keep losing stamina and lose the fight. But if there's a Keyblade to counter them and if they're around-not sure they have to be present in the world for them to be permanently slain, because it works if there's a party when they appear. Anyways, yes there's special characters that can combat them off, but without that specific weapon, yeah..that world is done for. Radiant Garden was saved due to Sora being there, otherwise, I wonder how they were actually doing. Actually, how did they permanently slain the heartless in the Heartless War-OH! I just answered my own question. As long there's a Keyblade Wielder in the world, or as long they are connect to said world-because Sora and company were trapped in a computer, they can be permanently slain. Otherwise, world is doomed.

Even then, you can never truly defeat the Heartless, for as long as there is still darkness in people's hearts, the Heartless will just keep coming back. And alongside them, the Nobodies from those who have particularly strong hearts.

It depends how broad you're going with the category of 'strongest creature'. A strong heartless comes from a strong creature, or one with great darkness within. If you have a world populated by generally weak people and creatures, with very little malice (or other forms of internal darkness) - then heartless in that world would be limited. Visa versa for a world populated by strong people/creatures. The real question is whether the heartless are stronger than whom or what they are born from.

To demonstrate an easy example, in the Sonic universe, who is the strongest 'life form'? The answer is likely to be Super-whoever - the operative term being 'Super': an alternative, stronger, version of the original. So the question really should be, is the heartless a stronger version of the heart's original host?

To look at Kingdom Hearts examples, we have Ansem SoD and Terranort, Sora and his pitiful heartless and.... Scar and his heartless.... I'm already out of examples. Scar certainly seemed stronger as a heartless - if he truly became one at all - but Ansem SoD seemed no stronger than Terranort - perhaps weaker even. And with Sora, there is no question he was far stronger than his own heartless. What we can glean from these examples is that the balance of light and darkness varies from creature to creature/person to person. This means that the most powerful entity in a world, provided they have significantly less light than darkness in their heart, will produce a heartless weaker than itself. So, at least on an individual basis, there is no guarantee of the heartless being the strongest fictional creature in any given world.

As an archetype, there may be some truth to this. If we are given to believe that there is more darkness than light in the average creature, then generally speaking that would mean that the average heartless is superior to the lost heart's original host. The key term here being average. As we have seen, it only takes one hero with an oversized key to save a world (also introducing the idea that the strongest in a world doesn't allow for the idea of 'visitors' or the premise of crossing worlds). If we take a HUGE step back and examine a universe, and ask ourselves the same title question, the answer is a clear no. If heartless were the strongest creatures in a universe, that universe would be long overrun before anyone could save it - not to mention it would require a small army of heroes (which thankfully we now have because everyone gets a keyblade these days...). 

Given this analysis, I would say no. The heartless form is not superior by definition, it is a form stripped of its light. Both light and darkness hold power, but very rarely in balance, and never in equal quantities creature to creature. 

i would say yes because they kinda remind me of the burning legion from wow there demons can only be slain if you are in their dimension and I would say they are even stronger than them because on top of being bassically immortal the heartless can only be waxed off for good by a keyblade wielder

It depends how broad you're going with the category of 'strongest creature'. A strong heartless comes from a strong creature, or one with great darkness within. If you have a world populated by generally weak people and creatures, with very little malice (or other forms of internal darkness) - then heartless in that world would be limited. Visa versa for a world populated by strong people/creatures. The real question is whether the heartless are stronger than whom or what they are born from.

To demonstrate an easy example, in the Sonic universe, who is the strongest 'life form'? The answer is likely to be Super-whoever - the operative term being 'Super': an alternative, stronger, version of the original. So the question really should be, is the heartless a stronger version of the heart's original host?

To look at Kingdom Hearts examples, we have Ansem SoD and Terranort, Sora and his pitiful heartless and.... Scar and his heartless.... I'm already out of examples. Scar certainly seemed stronger as a heartless - if he truly became one at all - but Ansem SoD seemed no stronger than Terranort - perhaps weaker even. And with Sora, there is no question he was far stronger than his own heartless. What we can glean from these examples is that the balance of light and darkness varies from creature to creature/person to person. This means that the most powerful entity in a world, provided they have significantly less light than darkness in their heart, will produce a heartless weaker than itself. So, at least on an individual basis, there is no guarantee of the heartless being the strongest fictional creature in any given world.

As an archetype, there may be some truth to this. If we are given to believe that there is more darkness than light in the average creature, then generally speaking that would mean that the average heartless is superior to the lost heart's original host. The key term here being average. As we have seen, it only takes one hero with an oversized key to save a world (also introducing the idea that the strongest in a world doesn't allow for the idea of 'visitors' or the premise of crossing worlds). If we take a HUGE step back and examine a universe, and ask ourselves the same title question, the answer is a clear no. If heartless were the strongest creatures in a universe, that universe would be long overrun before anyone could save it - not to mention it would require a small army of heroes (which thankfully we now have because everyone gets a keyblade these days...). 

Given this analysis, I would say no. The heartless form is not superior by definition, it is a form stripped of its light. Both light and darkness hold power, but very rarely in balance, and never in equal quantities creature to creature. 

yes thats something that I always wondered we have the ansem reports but they really only explain really nothing more than KH1 ansems motivation. But I do think that is how it works that the more evil a person is the stronger the heartless is going to be. Which adds something really dark (no pun intendet) to the first KH) when you think about it because first we were only fighting weak heartless meaning the darkness went after all the good people First.

Also good that you brought up scar because that is also something I wondered In the TV show he is also a evil spirit now so its more like that (maybe the show got the Idea from KH2 in the first place)

Edited by Dustin Lübbers

i would say yes because they kinda remind me of the burning legion from wow there demons can only be slain if you are in their dimension and I would say they are even stronger than them because on top of being bassically immortal the heartless can only be waxed off for good by a keyblade wielder

yes thats something that I always wondered we have the ansem reports but they really only explain really nothing more than KH1 ansems motivation. But I do think that is how it works that the more evil a person is the stronger the heartless is going to be. Which adds something really dark (no pun intendet) to the first KH) when you think about it because first we were only fighting weak heartless meaning the darkness went after all the good people First.

Also good that you brought up scar because that is also something I wondered In the TV show he is also a evil spirit now so its more like that (maybe the show got the Idea from KH2 in the first place)

Only the strong survive...