Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter

25 members have voted

1. 1. Which Star Wars Trilogy?

• Original?
    • Prequel?
    • Sequel?
    • None?

I'm not sure what they could do for Star Wars since it's such a big franchise. Though if Square could only use one time period, they would be allowed to use either the OT or the sequels, if only because that's what Disney is focusing on atm.

None in Kingdom Hearts III, though in future games, I could see them pulling from either The Clone Wars cartoon (as seen in the concept art for that cancelled phone game) or sequel era stuff. Fox owns the right to the OT movies and even if Disney buys Fox out, it’d still be a little murky, I think.

Screw the naysayers, KH is a wacky universe where Sephiroth shares the same stage as Winnie the Pooh. Marvel and Star Wars would fit in perfectly.

Fox owns the right to the OT movies and even if Disney buys Fox out, it’d still be a little murky, I think.

I'm pretty sure Fox doesn't own the OT movies, just the distribution rights.

I've thought about this topic thoroughly on multiple occasions, and I would be totally down with Star Wars showing up. The problem is that I'm not sure how it could be included seemlessly due to the way the movies are structured. The best way to go about it would probably be to draw from The Clone Wars, as that provides a lot of flexibility for characters, world design, and story writing.

Why so much hate for SW? Sooner or later it will be part of KH. I haven't seen any understandable reason why it doesn't fit into KH.

For me, and I think this is shared with a lot of ppl, is it doesn't have anything to do with hate for the franchise, but more so with how it will look in KH. I'm an avid SW fan. :P But that doesn't mean I think it'll work in everything its in. It'll be like Port Royal all over again. I was fine with it, but a major turn off for me for that world was the art style. It clashed way too much and it felt a lot like Mary Poppins at times in terms of highly stylized cartoon characters interacting with real world looking characters. I feel that the same thing would happen with a Star Wars world. The only way in which a SW world could work at all is if SE drew from any one of the animated incarnations of the franchise, were the art style is more in line with that of KH's. 

Edited by Alicia Maddox

No Star Wars or Marvel should be allowed in KH. It just wouldn't fit well.

It's as if people don't understand the concept of Kingdom Hearts at all...

And why exactly wouldn't Marvel fit KH? It's about the superheroes? BH6 seems to be ok with those. Is about the superpowers? Guess The Incredibles are a nogo as well right?

And what about Star Wars? It's because it's a huge universe? Stitch got along fine with it's deep space and different worlds. It's because it's live action? Tron and Pirates managed just fine.

People don't liking them it's all fine and dandy but don't give me crap with "it wouldn't fit", we have the Donald and Goofy interacting with the likes of Jack Sparrow and Baymax while flying around on a spaceship shooting down enemy ships on outerspace, "wouldn't fit" is just a weak excuse.

And why exactly wouldn't Marvel fit KH? It's about the superheroes? BH6 seems to be ok with those. Is about the superpowers? Guess The Incredibles are a nogo as well right?

And what about Star Wars? It's because it's a huge universe? Stitch got along fine with it's deep space and different worlds. It's because it's live action? Tron and Pirates managed just fine.

People don't liking them it's all fine and dandy but don't give me crap with "it wouldn't fit", we have the Donald and Goofy interacting with the likes of Jack Sparrow and Baymax while flying around on a spaceship shooting down enemy ships on outerspace, "wouldn't fit" is just a weak excuse.

I’m sure people said the same about Tron and Pirates of the Caribbean, I didn’t even know who tron was until KH2 and it became my favorite world. I think people mostly don’t want Marvel or Star Wars because “It isn’t truly Disney”, as in people see them as their own independent properties. Square and Disney would find a away to make Marvel and Star Wars fit, I don’t think they’ll be getting world’s but I’m positive they will have some type of inclusion in the game as summons, cameo characters or optional bosses., with the way Disney promotes them (Wreck it Ralph 2, Disney Infinity, New Disney Park attractions) they’re seen as Disney IPs by them.

The thing with BH6 is that Disney had a much bigger control over that and it's more Disney than any of the Star Wars or Marvel properties. Disney can own Star Wars and Marvel, but both branches are ran completely separate from Disney. The point being, they aren't filled with that Disney magic that really stands out, even in KH. You complete misunderstand the type of collaboration that KH is. A fine point here, is that a lot of people hated the awkwardness of Pirates in KH2. Tron worked because they didn't look realistic and they spent time making things fit into place. Pirates, however, took this dark, gritty look and added a colorful trio consisting of an anime boy and an anthropomorphic duck and dog. It didn't feel right and it definitely wouldn't work again.  

DDD used Tron Legacy...it didn't look that great honestly and it's not the greatest world in that game, specifically because Legacy was not only a much weirder style than the original Tron, but it was also a pretty big pile of garbage for a movie. 

TLDR; Marvel and Star Wars may be owned by Disney, but that doesn't mean they have the magic it takes to fit into KH. Kingdom Hearts is a franchise that despite its writing and story telling, is filled with that very same magic we know Disney for. It just wouldn't work well. 

People always use the Big Hero 6 argument, but most people look at BH6 and go, yeah it may have been a Marvel property, but the movie completely ripped BH6 away from what made it Marvel. It's filled with that Disney magic and pushes away from the gritty, action packed style of most Marvel properties.

I think it could work if Nomura made it so, though personally I would like to see Kingdom Hearts abstain from the Star Wars franchise.  I feel that a world dedicated to Star Wars alongside The Enchanted Domain would just be too odd.  I know that there was Tron as well as Pirates of the Caribbean, but to be honest I didn't like those additions very much either.  It just gave the game a very different flair from its traditional Walt Disney counterpart worlds.

None of those about Star Wars Trilogy, including the Prequel Trilogy (as Episode 1-3), the Original Trilogy (as Episode 4-6) and the Sequel Trilogy (as Episode 7-9) or Marvel Cinematic Universe in Kingdom Hearts 3!

Only a single world for Kingdom Hearts 3! Got it?

It'd be really easy to work the first star wars in by having the gummi ship pulled in the death star's tractor beam

but recently people have been pitching me on the idea of a world based on the clone wars TV show and now I kinda want that