Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
SRKTVAMDGRLXN

The "Marvel/Star Wars" in Kingdom Hearts (3) controversy....

Hello there, everybody. In this topic/thread, I'm going to show you some arguments I've seen on social media regarding this controversy and tell you why I believe they are wrong. Here we go:

1) Just because Disney bought these properties, that doesn't mean "they are Disney": If that's the case, then how do you guys explain the Disney Infinity series? Shouldn't it be called "Disney + Pixar + Marvel + Star Wars Infinity" then?

2) These properties don't fit Kingdom Hearts: Um, yes, they do. Remember the ending of the Olympus Coliseum back in KH2? Sora, Donald and Goofy are pretty much official heroes now. Don't you think they could team up with other (super)heroes and help them take down (super)villains by now? Also, Star Wars is pretty much about Light vs Darkness, a perfect theme for the KH series.

3) BBS already has the "Light vs Darkness" theme: So what? Many Disney films also have similar themes and are still featured in the KH series. Want an example? The Hunchback of Notre Dame and Tangled: both movies's main character is somebody (Quasimodo and Rapunzel) who have lived isolated from society for most part of their lives (both also have artistic skills) until somebody (Esmeralda and Flynn Rider) show them the outside world.

4) Marvel and Star Wars's universes are too huge for Kingdom Hearts: So is the Disney universe. From what I remember, the Disney universe began even before Mickey Mouse was created (1928), with Pete and Oswald the Lucky Rabbit. Pete was part of a "show" called "Alice Comedies". So think about it for a second: ever since 1928, how many characters, movies, cartoons, TV series and other Disney stuff were created? Hundreds, if not thousands. So, yes, the Disney universe is also huge. Not as huge as Marvel's or Star Wars's, but you know what I mean.

5) Just because Pirates of the Caribbean and Tron were added in KH2, that's not an excuse to add Marvel and Star Wars: Yes, it is. Yes, it is, because when I hear the word "Disney", the first thing that comes to my mind are the animated stuff, not the live-action ones. So, if PotC and Tron can be added to a series about cartoony/anime characters, Marvel and Star Wars can be added too.

6) These properties have so many storylines (almost like a TV series). It would be impossible/too difficult to fit KH: if it proves to be too difficult, here's an idea: both Marvel Universe and Star Wars Universe have infinite dimensions (Earth-616, for example), don't they? It's simple: create two dimensions that are specific/exclusive to the KH universe, but that are still connected to the Marvel and Star Wars multiverses/universes, you see (for example: Earth-713, seven lights, thirteen darknesses or Earth-SW for Star Wars)?

7) But I don't want to see another live-action world in the KH series again: Well, if that's the case, there are the Star Wars: The Clone Wars and Star Wars Rebels cartoons. Use them as a base to make a world. Also, there are countless Marvel animated series and comic books out there which have superheroes together. Just choose one of them and go ahead.

8) Even if these properties get added in the future, I'm still not too fond of the idea of having a world for each: OK, then, how about having a Marvel comic book at Radiant Garden, just like Winnie The Pooh book? Sounds good to me. And, as many have said before, while we are travelling between worlds, we could spot the Death Star in the Lanes Between just like Monstro back in KH1, remember?

9) Wouldn't it be ridiculous to see superheroes like Iron Man, Thor, Hulk and countless others have to rely on a kid like Sora to take down their enemies? Ahem, must I remind you all comic book fans that Spider-Man is a member of the Avengers? And, didn't the Avengers rely on him several times to do some missions before? And, isn't Spider-Man pretty much Sora's age (15 or 16)? And, didn't Sora defeat gods (Hades, Genie Jafar, Hercules), Titans (Rock Titan, Ice Titan), demons (Chernabog) and hundreds of powerful monsters (Dragon Maleficent, Kurt Zisa, basically any giant Heartless)/enemies (Organization XIII, Disney Villains) before? On a side note, didn't Phoebus rely on Riku to take down Frollo and Wargoyle back in DDD? And he even said: "Gotta tell you, it's embarassing have to rely on a kid". Also, Sora seems to have some superhuman feats like: barely being tired after killing 1000 Heartless all by himself, being able to reflect hundreds of lasers alongside Riku, etc.

10) But these properties are still not Disney: Kingdom Hearts was born with the idea of having Disney characters and Final Fantasy characters interacting with each other. Remember: FINAL FANTASY characters. And then, what happened? DDD introduced The World Ends With You characters. Is TWEWY the same as Final Fantasy? Nope, not in a 1000 years. So, if Square Enix can add another franchise of theirs in KH, Disney can also do the same thing. Also, if they made TWEYW work in DDD, they can also make Marvel and Star Wars work in KH someday.

Well, then, here's my opinion, guys. Thank you for taking your time to read it and, if you can, post your thoughts/ideas here, please. Would love to read them all.

Nope. No Marvel or Star Wars please. Just because you can does not mean you should. I don’t think they should put in Marvel or Star Wars at all. It does not feel right nor have the right fit for the series. Besides, they already have the worlds chosen and since the latest they lived worlds was 2014, that means Star Wars and Marvel are out of the equation.

Nope. No Marvel or Star Wars please. Just because you can does not mean you should. I don’t think they should put in Marvel or Star Wars at all. It does not feel right nor have the right fit for the series. Besides, they already have the worlds chosen and since the latest they lived worlds was 2014, that means Star Wars and Marvel are out of the equation.

Not exactly in 3, more like in the next saga, if possible.

I'm sorry, but I'm going to have to agree with KingdomHearts3 over here. I hate Port Royal and the Grid because of how off they felt. I know a lot of others who disliked these two worlds too. Not to say that NOBODY liked them, but still. I know Star Wars and Marvel are all about Light vs darkness, but the thought of them being in KH makes me cringe a little. The only thing I would actually somewhat accept is if they put the animated shows in the game. I'm not changing my mind about this either. 

We already have a Marvel world in KHIII.

Yeah. Big Hero 6. This is actually one of the few "Marvel" worlds I would be okay with. 

I completely understand people not wanting a Star Wars or Marvel world in the Kingdom Hearts series.  I personally am fine with seeing them in future games as long as they do not appear in Kingdom Hearts III since I would prefer the Dark Seeker Saga to stick with movies made by Disney and Pixar (since Pixar is as close to being Disney as you can get without actually being Disney).  However, now that they are owned by Disney, Square-Enix is able to put them in future Kingdom Hearts games.  Star Wars and Marvel have already appeared in Disney Infinity, the Disney Parks, and Disney TV shows, and now we know that they will be appearing in an actual Disney movie: Ralph Breaks the Internet.  We can have discussions about whether or not it is a good idea, but the fact is, Square-Enix can do it.

Edited by Dagesh Lene

Just think they could use avengers one. Minus thanos inclusion. Loki gets aproached by one of the xehanorts to take over the world and instead of the chutari army gives him control of a heartless army to attack new york

But oke just to ad something more to this comment:

For the love of God NO! Just because it does this doesn't automaticly mean YES to the other one next we are gonna discuss that KH4 or KH5 should have the DC Universe with a Batman World in it were Batman teams up with Donald and Goofy to take down Joker if Disney is ever going to buy DC (the chance that will happen is really small but it's a example).

If the Jedi and Sith appear in KH these are just a few questions I will have:

-Where were you guys during the Keyblade war? your kind has been in existence for centuries no thousands of years so where were you all this time? 

-How long do you guys exist?

-Why haven't you been mentioned before with your Death Star that can blow up planets ALSO Star Wars is so big the only way I can see this happen if they make just one rebel planned (because the Empire cannot control one planet they destroy it... Are there more planets than one? how many worlds do they own in the Kingdom Hearts Universe? will they let Palpatine blow up a Disney World... Nah but for real though the questions?)

-Who build the Death Star because does the Senate exist in the KH Universe?

-How will the family theme's work with KH because KH is always focused on friendship so... Sora is gonna meddle in Luke's family issues

Rik: Yeah I stay out of your dad issues (basicly HARD translation from DDD).

For whatever reason people try to defend this they say ''Nomura can change this and that'' and that is a problem! most of the Disney World's in Kingdom Hearts FIT the overall tone of the series or absolute fit the characters personality's! The World's are small and can't change the universe but Star Wars on the other hand.

Even if you find another way IF SO MANY PEOPLE hate the idea, are against the idea or split than it shouldn't be done.

I don't know much about Marvel and all but I get the feeling that people that keep asking this care more about visting their favorite movie than the actual story, lore and overall feel of the franchise.

Edited by AwesomeKHfan

For me, I don't want to see a Marvel world in KHIII, but I'd be fine with it appearing in the next saga.

Edited by Hallowseve