Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter

Of course it’s a good thing. You know the benefit of this date is the PR and advertising they could do. The reason why I mention that is 1/29 is right in the middle of the NFL postseason. Millions of people in the US and around the world watch the NFL playoffs. Put some advertisements there and have a Super Bowl TV spot and you could have people flock to get KH3. It actually is a very smart move.

Of course it’s a good thing. You know the benefit of this date is the PR and advertising they could do. The reason why I mention that is 1/29 is right in the middle of the NFL postseason. Millions of people in the US and around the world watch the NFL playoffs. Put some advertisements there and have a Super Bowl TV spot and you could have people flock to get KH3. It actually is a very smart move.

I don't think square have the money for that.

Also that's a really strange thing to get out of this

I’m super disappointed that I have to wait 7 more months. If I can wait 13 years, I can wait just a few more months. I just hate being told one thing and then told another. I know that the SE and KH teams have their hands full but they shouldn’t give a “2018” window and then backtrack.

Either SE/KH bit off a little bit more than they could chew or they’re going to listen to the fanbase and gets all the tweaks, glitches and whatnot all squared away.

Edited by OhHamburgers!

I’m super disappointed that I have to wait 7 more months.

Let's be real here, the game was probably a November/December release before Square Enix decided to delay it.

I think this is a good thing. Hopefully this leads to a bunch of the demo's problems getting fixed and we get a better game out of it.

Edited by Karxrida

I’m super disappointed that I have to wait 7 more months. If I can wait 13 years, I can wait just a few more months. I just hate being told one thing and then told another. I know that the SE and KH teams have their hands full but they shouldn’t give a “2018” window and then backtrack.

The delays that are rampant in this industry get really REALLY annoying. Developers really should do what Bethesda did with Fallout 4 and not even announce a game is even being developed until 2, 3 months tops before it's going to be released, that's plenty of time for advertising it too.

Either SE/KH bit off a little bit more than they could chew or they’re going to listen to the fanbase and gets all the tweaks, glitches and whatnot all squared away.

You won’t have to wait 7 more month as the game was never supposed to be released in June 2018. December is still 2018 so SE just lets us wait one more month as we were supposed to wait maximally. Edited by NoWay

I don't think square have the money for that.

Also that's a really strange thing to get out of this

Not really strange. It was something out of the box that I was thinking. Another reason why this was a good move. There have been games delayed over and over and were supposed to come out years ago only to be pushed out constantly from companies closing and moving projects to other things like staff changes and so on. Sometimes the delays lead to outright cancellation years later so the point is the KH team did themselves a favor by moving out the date to a time when millions of people are watching a sports postseason.

People do have the right to be disappointed though. They did say it was gonna be released this year so I'm not gonna hold it against anyone who is disappointed. Unless they are being jerks about it, they can feel what they wanna feel.

I'm surprised I handled it better than I expected. Not gonna lie I am a little bit flustered and disappointed, but I'm not super angry either. There are some benefits (like not releasing in a month with a lot of competition) but there are some downsides to it also (not releasing during the holiday season). I do really hope they take this time to heavily market the game and make this the best game they can make it, then we are even.  :smile:  

Edited by Tyranto Rex