Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Sign in to follow this  
Aquaberry

Ratatouille makes a mini-game appearance in the Kingdom Hearts III E3 Showcase 2018

The new Kingdom Hearts III E3 Showcase 2018 trailer was filled with amazing surprises for expectant fans, and one of these was the appearence of Remy from Disney Pixar's Ratatouille!

In the trailer, Remy was shown to be on Sora's head, helping him cook with his classic tugging of hair method. This brief scene featured Sora and Remy in a kitchen; it is not clear whether this was a new world inspired by Rataouille's Paris, or a summon sequence.

UPDATE [Jun 11, 2018]: Tasha Sounart, Associate Creative Director at Pixar and Kingdom Hearts III Pixar Consultant, has confirmed on Twitter that the Ratatouille scene shown in the trailer part of a cooking mini-game. Famitsu has also confirmed this.

UPDATE [Jun 13, 2018]: Tetsuya Nomura was recently interviewed by Game Informer about Kingdom Hearts III, with Ratatouille's role in the game being one of the subjects that was discussed.

Nomura gave some clarification about Ratatouille, stating that it's a "mini-game". The objective is to find ingredients hidden throughout the game and bring them back to Remy to make a full-cooked meal. If the player succeeds, they will receive a temporary status upgrade; otherwise, nothing happens.

Posted Image

You can read about and watch the trailer here!

Follow our live coverage of Kingdom Hearts III at E3 2018 on our Twitter, and catch up with all Kingdom Hearts news from E3 via our coverage article!

Click here to view the article

I'm gonna guess a summon but you first meet him in Twilight Town or something.

I'm kinda hoping it's not a world. Don't get me wrong I love Ratatouille and Remy, but I would really like more worlds based on traditional animated movies. We only have Hercules so far. 

I'm gonna guess a summon but you first meet him in Twilight Town or something.

I'm kinda hoping it's not a world. Don't get me wrong I love Ratatouille and Remy, but I would really like more worlds based on traditional animated movies. We only have Hercules so far. 

Exactly we need at Least 3 Worlds based on Traditional Animated Disney Movies (Treasure Planet, Atlantis and Jungle Book is what i want).

To clarify in a way people Remy IS NOT A SUMMON, all summon character representations are made from elements related to their characters (Ariel is Water, Ralph is Pixels, Simba is Fire, etc.) so then Remy as such in any way. By the looks of it this is a minigame to "cook" new stuff for Sora such as potions and stuff or Remy will be the KH3 Moogle for synthesis purposes.

As someone else stated this might very well take place in the Bistro in Twilight Town so it makes sense.

That's cool. If it's to make different items that would be a good way to implement mini games. And I hope it's a way to add Disney characters (and maybe some Final Fantasy, we still have not seen any Final Fantasy characters) that don't have worlds or are not summons.