Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
NihonScribe

Tetsuya Nomura's take on whether Kingdom Hearts III is the End of Sora's Story

Oh hell Nomura is going to break up the Destiny Island trio! Everyone we know and love will never be the same again. And Kingdom Hearts 3 is going to have a bittersweet ending that might be good or drop the ball and gave the fans a huge "F you!" 

So...is everyone going to split up and do their own thing now? Or is it the Island trio that's going to split up and join their respect fates with other characters? I.e.: Sora goes with Roxas and Ventus. Riku with Terra and Axel. and Kairi with Xion, Namine and Aqua. So if he's hinting there's going to be separation with people,  there's only a number of possibilities of who's going to leave who. I'm thinking it's the Twilight trio for reasons. But I think at the near ending, everyone's friendships are going to be put to the test. Win or fail, there might be separation. Win, there's bittersweet. Fail, everyone learns about someone and how they see other people. I don't know, but still, who ever is near the ending, we'll know what causes this future bittersweet moment. Or you know, someone dies selfishly. But I reread the interview again, and it's only just an example, or something. Meaning it might not be true of what ACTUALLY happens. Don't know till we watch the ending in Japanese. If anyone is going to watch live streams on day 1 and over. I really hope Everglow or someone just does the story line and not do any side quests, besides leveling up, that we get straight to the point of the ending from launch to day 2 or 3.

That's it everyone, they're all going to die at the end, pack up and go home!

(edit: the above is obviously in jest, but I wouldn't be surprised if there's some permanent deaths among the protagonists)

this whole franchise was one elaborate plan to break our hearts!

Leave the babbies alone, NOMURA! 

Not gonna lie thats really how i feel about them I saw them grow up and I along with them he cant Hurt them!

So...is everyone going to split up and do their own thing now? Or is it the Island trio that's going to split up and join their respect fates with other characters? I.e.: Sora goes with Roxas and Ventus. Riku with Terra and Axel. and Kairi with Xion, Namine and Aqua. So if he's hinting there's going to be separation with people,  there's only a number of possibilities of who's going to leave who. I'm thinking it's the Twilight trio for reasons. But I think at the near ending, everyone's friendships are going to be put to the test. Win or fail, there might be separation. Win, there's bittersweet. Fail, everyone learns about someone and how they see other people. I don't know, but still, who ever is near the ending, we'll know what causes this future bittersweet moment. Or you know, someone dies selfishly. But I reread the interview again, and it's only just an example, or something. Meaning it might not be true of what ACTUALLY happens. Don't know till we watch the ending in Japanese. If anyone is going to watch live streams on day 1 and over. I really hope Everglow or someone just does the story line and not do any side quests, besides leveling up, that we get straight to the point of the ending from launch to day 2 or 3.

Riku and Lea maybe but not sora and kairi they just have to stay together though I winder what I could be that brings riku and Lea to leave the others maybe they still feel as if they have not quit redeemd themself jet and they decide to be the ones who need to watch over the darkness?

I just want Sora and Kairi to end up together after Sora saves everyone, that's all.

Yes riku,aqua ven terra they can all die in a car crash (not that I want to) but these two HAVE to have their happy end no buts!

this whole franchise was one elaborate plan to break our hearts!

Not gonna lie thats really how i feel about them I saw them grow up and I along with them he cant Hurt them!

Riku and Lea maybe but not sora and kairi they just have to stay together though I winder what I could be that brings riku and Lea to leave the others maybe they still feel as if they have not quit redeemd themself jet and they decide to be the ones who need to watch over the darkness?

Yes riku,aqua ven terra they can all die in a car crash (not that I want to) but these two HAVE to have their happy end no buts!

No, what i mean is i want to see an ending to Kingdom Hearts III on a wider scale then the ending of II or at least something that feels sort of a victory and leads on into the next saga of the franchise.

Doubt this would happen, but if this is true would be cool if the game showed a sillouette of a young girl at the Islands watching the sunset, and summoning kingdom key, and destiny bond preparing to go to another world.

Thanks for informing us about this, NihonScribe!

I'm very interested in what Nomura had to say regarding how the story will have the characters have a changed perspective on things! With everything that's happened for the past 15 years, it's only natural that things change between the characters we know and love, as it is true that nothing ever stays the same with any one person in this life! But I do hope that everyone gets their happy ending, or at the very least, a satisfying conclusion to their arc, even if they are separated!

And Sora will always be the protagonist of the series, Nomura stated so himself, but he probably has some details regarding what direction Sora will go in next that he doesn't wanna spoil, ya know?