Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter

…Nah. With as much replay value as it has, playing the the same game multiple times just to get a different ending isn’t exactly my cup of tea.

Yeah but there still might be just a couple of endings and the story might change a lot.

However we still don't know if really there are multiple endings, maybe every path we take will lead to the same ending.

Anyway, it'd be super cool to have our own story, different from the other ones.

Wait a minute... Has Nomura just said that "Aqua can be saved based on the player's efforts"???

So basically that means that Aqua can or cannot be saved during the game and this most likely leads to 2 different endings.

Actually, Nomura said once that the last stage of KH3 was incredible, then he added that this stage was:

"Something he's always wanted to do and put into Kingdom Hearts, ever since the days of working on Final Fantasy. It is bound to surprise everyone." 

He also said that "Everything can be done" and that the game is "A culmination of the past", according to a piece of news this site posted back in February during D23 Japan Expo. 

So this makes me think that maybe WE can write our own story in this last part of the game. But I wouldn't like dialogue choices, I'd prefer something like: "If you complete this task or win this battle you can do that", for example if we win the battle against Dark Aqua/Aquanort we'll be able to save her, else she'll be lost forever. 

I'd really love if KH3 turns out to be this way and we will actually be able to decide about the future of characters which will lead to different endings: well, EVERYTHING could be done, right?

I cannot aggree more... dialogue choices in a KH game? NEVER.

Different option on the base of your gameplay actions? THIS IS THE VIDEOGAME' SOUL ITSELF. WHERE I NEED TO SIGN FOR THIS?!

I don not want that. KH shoud be stratight forward with the story. I want an overall story, wich do depand on the other titel. I woud not make sense to end the Xehanort saga with multipel ending. As a stand allone spin off, witch not interact with the overalle story, okay but in in the main series not.

Why not? Nomura himself said that the saga would completely end to have a "FRESH START" with Kingdom Hearts 4, so we could still have multiple endings.

Hmm, I don't believe that we will see multiple endings, that would effect badly on the future games. But maybe we can take different paths but the end game would be the same.

Or maybe the changes we do are minor, like "This character is alive or dead but it is not relevant for the ending's sake". Like we can save or kill Aqua, but this won't change the ending which will still be the same.

Anyway, I think any direction it takes is AWESOME and WONDERFUL (except if it's based on dialogues choices). 

Hmm, I don't believe that we will see multiple endings, that would effect badly on the future games. But maybe we can take different paths but the end game would be the same.

Edited by Richypiants02

No i dont think so for one thing if sora is going to be the protagonist of kh4 we will need a canon ending which would make all the other endings pointless. Unless they leave it ambiguous but i would like to have the ending of the saga to have some Impact on the future games

No i dont think so for one thing if sora is going to be the protagonist of kh4 we will need a canon ending which would make all the other endings pointless. Unless they leave it ambiguous but i would like to have the ending of the saga to have some Impact on the future games

Maybe it's my second theory where the changes we made don't affect the ending, for example we can save Aqua and she won't be in future games.

I'm a little iffy about there being multiple endings for a mainline game. A spinoff side game that has little influence on the main plot, sure, if fact that sounds amazing and would make it stand apart. But for KH3? I would want a definite, canon ending.

Though I guess they could still do this if it does not overall effect the ending. But still I would want to see Aqua in other games. Maybe you have to choose who you wanna save?

If it comes down to something like saving Roxas or Aqua, I will immediately throw Aqua under a bus that's about to drive off a cliff.

I was thinking more in the lines of Terra or Aqua or maybe Ventus. I'm pretty sure Roxas has a set role. The other three might not. (Which if it came down to it, it would be good bye Terra for me).

This is something that actually scares me! I mean, the concept of influencing how the game ends actually sounds pretty awesome, but if there's multiple ways to go, then I'd be scared because what if I ended the game with a non-canon ending!? Like, when I play the game, I want to play through to the true ending, ya know? Because if we kill Aqua, then she won't have a role in the next saga! Or even if we do kill her and then she appears all fine and dandy, everyone will be like: "Wtf, what just happened here?"

Or, like you said, maybe we save her and she doesn't appear in the next saga! Anything could happen here, as you said, but for when it comes to tampering with the true ending, that's something that's a little disconcerting for me, ya know?

My take on this would is simply that I feel it would be interesting if all he meant was that depending on how you progress through the game, like say going to Monster's Inc. before The Toy Box will affect how certain things play out but still kind of having that Telltale Diamond of choice where regardless of your choices you're still going to get effectivly the same result. So like others have said you might save Aqua but if you fail she ends up as a force to fight later and you end up saving her later because she's supposed to be saved regardless for the story. but! if you fail to save her then not only does she show up to fight later but so does Ven, as an example.

My take on this would is simply that I feel it would be interesting if all he meant was that depending on how you progress through the game, like say going to Monster's Inc. before The Toy Box will affect how certain things play out but still kind of having that Telltale Diamond of choice where regardless of your choices you're still going to get effectivly the same result. So like others have said you might save Aqua but if you fail she ends up as a force to fight later and you end up saving her later because she's supposed to be saved regardless for the story. but! if you fail to save her then not only does she show up to fight later but so does Ven, as an example.

This can actually be a great thing, which will make all of us happy because we can have different stories but with only a canon ending!