Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Iamkingdomhearts1000

Kingdom Hearts is my favorite thing in the world but...

After hearing all this talk about Kingdom Hearts III, namely sources coming from apparently Nomura himself that Sora isn't his favorite self designed character anymore, that Kairi and Lea are going to end up together and that now there are going to be other 7 Princesses of Heart when it should only be Kairi, Snow White, Aurora, Cinderella, Belle, Jasmine and Alice, since the X-Blade was shattered into 7 Light fragments and those fragments became the aforementioned seven's Hearts, i get this feeling that Kingdom Hearts is going back on its whole story-line...i love Kingdom Hearts, more then anything else but this isn't the Kingdom Hearts III that i have been waiting for in over 10+ years, this isn't how i want to see Kingdom Hearts III, i hate this feeling, i hate this talk that people say Kingdom Hearts III is going to be the end of Sora's story, especially even Nomura himself saying it even though he once said that Sora is the protagonist of the whole franchise and Kingdom Hearts will end when Sora's story ends...i know this is rage talking but i don't care, i don't want to play a game that goes back on everything that has made it into what it is so far up to now ever since the original Kingdom Hearts, i just want Kingdom Hearts to be the story that all we fans have played across and have seen since the original game, i don't want Kingdom Hearts III to just radically change in an instant just like that according to the director and/or other peoples' tastes, in other-words basically, i don't want Kingdom Hearts III overall to become the ending of Marvel's Avengers: Infinity War, i want the plot, the characters and everything else to stay true to the mythology again that has made it into what it is so far up to now, no more, no less, that is the story i personally believe Kingdom Hearts III and the overall Kingdom Hearts saga deserves, who here agrees with me?

I say this for our Dearly Beloved Kingdom Hearts.

Edited by Iamkingdomhearts1000

Im with you on this one. Like how can they do this. Im about done with my chronological run through of the series and none of what they are talking about could or should happen it makes me sad. I dont want riku and sora separated. And lea and kairi what about the paupu fruit?

I don't mind which direction Nomura is taking KH3 to so far, and I do have hope that it could turn out to be a decent game, in terms of story and/or game-play, for me to enjoy, but I hope that he'll be able to deliver a conclusion to the Dark Seeker Saga that I, as the rest of us, could be satisfied with, but I don't like the time travel aspect he introduced in DDD, it felt cheaply shoehorned in, and doesn't make any sense, Xehanort could've just made Replicas of Marluxia, Larxene, and Luxord, as well as the other members of the Real Organization XIII as norts through the Replica Program, and I wouldn't mind, I liked DDD, but the time travel thing was something from it I didn't like at all. I do find the concept of new Seven Hearts of Light to be interesting, but I hope Nomura explains why they're a thing in KH3, cause if it's not and is answered in another game, I would feel as if it's shoehorned in as a retcon to the game's lore. As for Sora not being his favorite designed character anymore, I'm not bothered by that, not every person who had designed a character is going to stay liking it forever, times can change, and not every creator may not like their main characters as much as they used to, and even Nomura admitted that he himself got confused by the story, even though he does have KH3's storyline planned out. I don't mind KH3 having a dark story, in fact, that makes me even more interested, especially since KH3's theme is 'resolution', but this is all jus tmy opinion, and you don't have to agree, but I understand what you're saying.

Edited by KHLegendIII

I don't mind which direction Nomura is taking KH3 to so far, and I do have hope that it could turn out to be a decent game, in terms of story and/or game-play, for me to enjoy, but I hope that he'll be able to deliver a conclusion to the Dark Seeker Saga that I, as the rest of us, could be satisfied with, but I don't like the time travel aspect he introduced in DDD, it felt cheaply shoehorned in, and doesn't make any sense, Xehanort could've just made Replicas of Marluxia, Larxene, and Luxord, as well as the other members of the Real Organization XIII as norts through the Replica Program, and I wouldn't mind, I liked DDD, but the time travel thing was something from it I didn't like at all. I do find the concept of new Seven Hearts of Light to be interesting, but I hope Nomura explains why they're a thing in KH3, cause if it's not and is answered in another game, I would feel as if it's shoehorned in as a retcon to the game's lore. As for Sora not being his favorite designed character anymore, I'm not bothered by that, not every person who had designed a character is going to stay liking it forever, times can change, and not every creator may not like their main characters as much as they used to, and even Nomura admitted that he himself got confused by the story, even though he does have KH3's storyline planned out. I don't mind KH3 having a dark story, in fact, that makes me even more interested, especially since KH3's theme is 'resolution', but this is all jus tmy opinion, and you don't have to agree, but I understand what you're saying.

I agree with you on some points, its just the whole new 7 Princesses of Heart and both Kairi and Lea ending up together thing that's bothering me, especially the latter, i just want to see three things happen in Kingdom Hearts III:

A one on one final duel between Sora and Master Xehanort.

Sora and Kairi confessing their true feelings for one another and sharing a passionate kiss.

and finally,

Sora saving everyone that has suffered across the entire Xehanort Saga, namely:

Namine,

Roxas,

Xion,

Ventus,

Terra,

Aqua,

Ansem the Wise

and

Master Eraqus

I don't want the feelings that Sora and Kairi share for one another to just be gone just like that, its so frustrating even to think about. :[

I know what you mean and I agree that I hate the way that Nomura seems to go back on his words about Sora being a protagonist after Kingdom Hearts 3. I didn't mind him retconning the X-Blade and how it was originally supposed to be made by one light and one darkness, but now it's supposed to be made by seven light and thirteen darkness. I didn't mind the time travel element in Dream Drop Distance for the most part until the new Frozen trailer ruined it for me because Nomura brought back Larxene and Marluxia after Xemnas clearly stated that most of the original members were either untrustworthy or too weak to be part of Master Xehanort's Thirteen Seekers of Darkness. It's just lazy writing and he didn't even bother to create new characters or use Xaldin to be part of the Thirteen Seekers of Darkness. As for the "new seven lights" I hope Nomura will explain this in the game once it comes out and I hope the new seven lights are necessary. I still think Master Xehanort is using this new seven lights as "plan B" in case he can't use the original seven princesses of heart. When it comes to writing a story I understand that some writers had to change some things to make the story better. But the way Nomura is talking about Kingdom Hearts 3 it just seems like he's just changing a lot of things from the previous games just to make Kingdom Hearts 3 have lots of twist and turns just to make the story interesting. It's even worse that he admitted himself that he sometimes get confused of the stories he's trying to tell when he's making a new Kingdom Hearts game. I hope Kingdom Hearts 3 is a good game it delivers a good ending for Sora and his friends. 

What kind of idiot poopface would think that Kairi and Lea would end up together

I'm not sure how much faith I have in the plot not getting messier, but at least the characters we've grown with shouldn't start going out-of-character. I think random ships or friendships being ended or whatever would ruin things more imo

And where did you decide that Kairi and Lea will be together? I do not take this in an interview.

I didn't decide, i heard it on Youtube coming from sources that say apparently it was Nomura's words on the matter.

Edited by Iamkingdomhearts1000

I can understand where you're coming from. Things can feel scary, especially in a point where Kingdom Hearts III is the game that'll wrap up 15 years worth of story and lore! I get it!

But honestly, I welcome the unexpected! That's what creators do to ensure that their stories remain relevant and keeps people invested, ya know? The whole concept about seven new hearts is an immensely intriguing one, and it just makes me think of what could possibly happen to the original seven princesses! It's fun to speculate about, and well, it just adds to one's anticipation of the game, ya know? As for Kairi and Lea maybe blossoming into a friendship that turns to romance...that's not something that I would've expected! We've always been under the assumption that Kairi is Sora's girl, it's even stated heavily in Re:CoM because of the bond they share! I'm sure that their relationship and feelings are strong...but if there is chemistry between Lea and Kairi...dang, that's another interesting thing to think about!

And hey, just because Nomura created Sora doesn't mean that Sora will remain his favorite character, ya know? One can differ in one's personal favorites, and he's always liked Riku more, anyway, ya know?

But don't worry, I'm sure Kingdom Hearts III will be a satisfying conclusion to the Xehanort Saga, and as such, I know we'll all enjoy it! :D

I'd seriously hold back on the assumptions. The problem with all this new information circulating is that a whole lot of false information is also part of it.

It was nowhere stated that Lea and Kairi would end up together (not to mention that this might not be well-received because Lea is about 10 years older than her and she's a minor. It's not illegal and not unheard of, but I feel that it might be frowned upon by some). On the contrary, Nomura once again talked about how friendships develop, not romance.

Sora not being his favorite character is not necessarily a bad thing. He said that he can't sympathize with him and looking at his appearances and the interviews, it would be odd if he could. Nomura is a grown adult and doesn't seem like the happy-go-lucky type so he may not be able to identify with him. But that's not a problem. I also write stories and there are main characters I don't like the best but I've written them because they suit the plot.

I would also be upset if things are unnecessarily retconned. I'm doubtful regarding those points as well. I also do not see the absolute necessity for messy tropes like time travel because he could have easily used the completed people again since having a heart obviously is not preventing someone becoming a vessel.

But I would also wait and see. Things are often depicted a lot more drastic than they actually are because it depends on what people consider as "dark" for example. Nomura also said that previous titles were fairly dark, which is true, so naturally KH3 needs to be the climax to that but it does not mean that it will end in a tragedy. Especially the comparison to Marvel might not be the best option because we all know they excel at bringing characters once presumed dead back to life. The same will happen in KH3 because we basically know they're going to bring Roxas & Co. back.

That's why I wouldn't be so negative yet. Promoting a game like this makes people anxious but also curious to see what happens. It doesn't mean that KH will suddenly take a drastic turn or completely crush the beloved atmosphere. I always considered Nomura to be someone who likes tormenting people like this. But there was always this underlying hope in every game.

Edited by Merilly

I can understand where you're coming from. Things can feel scary, especially in a point where Kingdom Hearts III is the game that'll wrap up 15 years worth of story and lore! I get it!

But honestly, I welcome the unexpected! That's what creators do to ensure that their stories remain relevant and keeps people invested, ya know? The whole concept about seven new hearts is an immensely intriguing one, and it just makes me think of what could possibly happen to the original seven princesses! It's fun to speculate about, and well, it just adds to one's anticipation of the game, ya know? As for Kairi and Lea maybe blossoming into a friendship that turns to romance...that's not something that I would've expected! We've always been under the assumption that Kairi is Sora's girl, it's even stated heavily in Re:CoM because of the bond they share! I'm sure that their relationship and feelings are strong...but if there is chemistry between Lea and Kairi...dang, that's another interesting thing to think about!

And hey, just because Nomura created Sora doesn't mean that Sora will remain his favorite character, ya know? One can differ in one's personal favorites, and he's always liked Riku more, anyway, ya know?

But don't worry, I'm sure Kingdom Hearts III will be a satisfying conclusion to the Xehanort Saga, and as such, I know we'll all enjoy it! :D

I just can't bring myself to see and like a relationship between both Kairi and Lea, i have to agree with Merilly about it being frowned upon, its just Sora and Kairi have cared for one another since the beginning of the series and i just want to see those two have a happy ending together with one another.

I don't think Kairi and Lea will get together. It is possible for a man and a woman to have a meaningful friendship without it turning into romance. Plus, yeah, Lea has to be at least in his twenties or something. I think you either heard a theory or someone is spreading false information.

Honestly I would personally be OK with Kairi and Sora not getting together romantically, if they stayed friends that is. Things change. People rarely stay together with their childhood crushes. They are probably gonna stay together though.

I am a little nervous myself. It's like watching the season finale of a TV show where you don't know what gonna happen. The whole "the ending is gonna be hard to accept" is a little scary. Even though I don't think it's gonna be as dark as people think it's gonna be, but that could mean a lot of things. I'm more worried about the characters than the overall plot cause every KH game other than the first one has had been really.... let's just say weird. So I'm kinda expected weird plot twists and the like. But yeah, I understand where you are coming from.

I don't think Kairi and Lea will get together. It is possible for a man and a woman to have a meaningful friendship without it turning into romance. Plus, yeah, Lea has to be at least in his twenties or something. I think you either heard a theory or someone is spreading false information.

Honestly I would personally be OK with Kairi and Sora not getting together romantically, if they stayed friends that is. Things change. People rarely stay together with their childhood crushes. They are probably gonna stay together though.

I am a little nervous myself. It's like watching the season finale of a TV show where you don't know what gonna happen. The whole "the ending is gonna be hard to accept" is a little scary. Even though I don't think it's gonna be as dark as people think it's gonna be, but that could mean a lot of things. I'm more worried about the characters than the overall plot cause every KH game other than the first one has had been really.... let's just say weird. So I'm kinda expected weird plot twists and the like. But yeah, I understand where you are coming from.

Its exactly in the description you just said about the ending being like a TV season finale, i can only hope that things will turn out the way i imagine.

I just can't bring myself to see and like a relationship between both Kairi and Lea, i have to agree with Merilly about it being frowned upon, its just Sora and Kairi have cared for one another since the beginning of the series and i just want to see those two have a happy ending together with one another.

Yeah, I know what you mean! I'm one of the ardent SoKai shippers, and I want nothing more than for them to end up together, especially considering the fact that they are very important to each other, that much has been stated in the series before! So I'm sure they'll end up together!

But yeah, it'd be pretty interesting to see what something between Kairi and Lea would foster into. Though there's also the chance he'll simply bond with her the way he did with Xion!

Well, I see nothing wrong with the 7 new princesses of light: do you really think they are immortal and never change? Well, at some point one has to die and there has to be a new one, so this can happen anytime (Maybe when their were removed to build the keyhole in KH1 they changed? Kairi's heart hasn't stayed outside a body for more than a minute so maybe nothing happened to hers).

As for Kairi and Lea I'd be mad too, but I think Nomura knows all this and then he has actually said that "KH3 does depict how every character feels for each other", so maybe he meant that friendship will turn into love (I personally think that Sora will tell Kairi that he loves her: Axel behaves so only because she's practically a copy of Xion even if he doesn't remember of her).

Then no one said Sora won't be in KH4, I think.

Anyway I have confidence in Nomura even if the ending "will be hard to accept" and, as someone has already said, there's no need to be negative about it.

Edited by Richypiants02

Well, I see nothing wrong with the 7 new princesses of light: do you really think they are immortal and never change? Well, at some point one has to die and there has to be a new one, so this can happen anytime (Maybe when their were removed to build the keyhole in KH1 they changed? Kairi's heart hasn't stayed outside a body for more than a minute so maybe nothing happened to hers).

As for Kairi and Lea I'd be mad too, but I think Nomura knows all this and then he has actually said that "KH3 does depict how every character feels for each other", so maybe he meant that friendship will turn into love (I personally think that Sora will tell Kairi that he loves her: Axel behaves so only because she's practically a copy of Xion even if he doesn't remember of her).

Then no one said Sora won't be in KH4, I think.

Anyway I have confidence in Nomura even if the ending "will be hard to accept" and, as someone has already said, there's no need to be negative about it.

I'll hope you're right.

To be completely honest, I have actually suspected that something might happen between Kairi and Axel for a while now. I don't know what it is, but their interactions in KHII had an odd kind of chemistry that I would really like to see more of. Also, the letter Kairi wrote about her training with Lea that was read out loud at the Orchestra World Tour last year seemed to indicate some kind of connection, though it's not necessarily romantic (as much as I'm hoping it will be). Now that being said, I don't have a big problem with the Sora/Kairi relationship. It's obviously intended to be a possibility throughout the series and that's fine, but that relationship just doesn't do it for me for some reason. Maybe it's because Kairi has had next to no development, or maybe it's because she and Sora have barely had 10 minutes of screen time together, but I'm just not a big supporter of that pairing. However, I totally understand why people love this pairing so please don't take this as me dumping on it. These are purely my own feelings.

I can also understand concerns with the whole "the ending will be hard to accept" thing floating around, but I'm sure Nomura will give us a satisfying conclusion. I am a bit concerned (I'm particularly worried that Lea is going to die), but this wouldn't be the first time that something I love has gone in a different direction than I thought it would (How I Met Your Mother, for example). Nomura loves the fans and I'm sure he worked really hard to give us an ending we can all enjoy.

Edited by Allwil13

OK I don't think the other princesses of heart are dead (I doubt Disney would allow it). There could be another explanation. Like there are just more now.

I'd be strongly opposed to any original characters getting together, any of them at all. The fact that the writers didn't feel the need to shoehorn in romances between any of it's original characters to prop the story up is a really refreshing thing to say the least about Kingdom Hearts so far. So much of fiction just loves to take any two characters of opposite gender and put them together with these extremely cliched love stories or worse throwing them together all of a sudden despite a total lack of compatibility and I like not seeing it here. The fact that any two characters can just be friends with each other including extremely close friends without having to end up together or giving off any vibes that they might is a strength of the series.

As for if it's true Sora stops being the protagonist after 3, I'd say good riddance to that if it happened. Not that he doesn't work well enough, but Sora has been a really generic and terrible All Loving Hero protagonist with very little actual development throughout the series, all the other protagonists the series has had have been much better than him by a wide margin. The only way I'd be okay with Sora continuing to be the protagonist is if in the next saga he gets character development, a LOT of it and some actual issues to work through. Having Sora get some level of intelligence as well as acting like he's as experienced as he should be by now instead of just automatically and blindly falling for every cookie cutter bad guy's scheme would help too.

Normua not keeping up with his own story I understand after all this time, though I myself have no real issues following it. It probably has something to do with me playing through the whole series at least once a year though.

Edited by immortalfrieza

As for if it's true Sora stops being the protagonist after 3, I'd say good riddance to that if it happened. Not that he doesn't work well enough, but Sora has been a really generic and terrible All Loving Hero protagonist with very little actual development throughout the series, all the other protagonists the series has had have been much better than him by a wide margin. The only way I'd be okay with Sora continuing to be the protagonist is if in the next saga he gets character development, a LOT of it and some actual issues to work through. Having Sora get some level of intelligence as well as acting like he's as experienced as he should be by now instead of just automatically and blindly falling for every cookie cutter bad guy's scheme would help too.

I think Sora will be the protagonist until the end of the series. Nomura has said a few times that kingdom Hearts is Sora's story, so Kingdom Hearts 3 shouldn't be his last appearance, it's just the end of this chapter. But maybe the vision for the series has changed or something and Normura sees it more as a multi-hero thing now.

I'm all for Sora getting development obviously, but I personally like him being a happy go lucky kinda guy. There are too many angsty protagonists that it's nice to have one that's nice and happy. Especially one that is meeting a bunch of Disney characters. I just don't think the series would work as well with let's say Riku or Roxas. That said, I do hope Sora, along with Kairi, get some development.

OK I don't think the other princesses of heart are dead (I doubt Disney would allow it). There could be another explanation. Like there are just more now.

Of course there is, it was just an example to say they could actually change.

I'd be strongly opposed to any original characters getting together, any of them at all. The fact that the writers didn't feel the need to shoehorn in romances between any of it's original characters to prop the story up is a really refreshing thing to say the least about Kingdom Hearts so far. So much of fiction just loves to take any two characters of opposite gender and put them together with these extremely cliched love stories or worse throwing them together all of a sudden despite a total lack of compatibility and I like not seeing it here. The fact that any two characters can just be friends with each other including extremely close friends without having to end up together or giving off any vibes that they might is a strength of the series.

Normua not keeping up with his own story I understand after all this time, though I myself have no real issues following it. It probably has something to do with me playing through the whole series at least once a year though.

I wouldn't be mad too if the next protagonist isn't Sora, but if he is I hope he stops losing his powers from one game to another.

I don't have any problem with the story too, I think Nomura was meaning in that comment that he doesn't remember if Ventus knows Sora (for example)and he needs to check.

To be completely honest, I have actually suspected that something might happen between Kairi and Axel for a while now. I don't know what it is, but their interactions in KHII had an odd kind of chemistry that I would really like to see more of. Also, the letter Kairi wrote about her training with Lea that was read out loud at the Orchestra World Tour last year seemed to indicate some kind of connection, though it's not necessarily romantic (as much as I'm hoping it will be). Now that being said, I don't have a big problem with the Sora/Kairi relationship. It's obviously intended to be a possibility throughout the series and that's fine, but that relationship just doesn't do it for me for some reason. Maybe it's because Kairi has had next to no development, or maybe it's because she and Sora have barely had 10 minutes of screen time together, but I'm just not a big supporter of that pairing. However, I totally understand why people love this pairing so please don't take this as me dumping on it. These are purely my own feelings.

I can also understand concerns with the whole "the ending will be hard to accept" thing floating around, but I'm sure Nomura will give us a satisfying conclusion. I am a bit concerned (I'm particularly worried that Lea is going to die), but this wouldn't be the first time that something I love has gone in a different direction than I thought it would (How I Met Your Mother, for example). Nomura loves the fans and I'm sure he worked really hard to give us an ending we can all enjoy.

Oh, Lea isn't going to die, Nomura said he's going to have more time under the spotlight in KH4. I personally think he could be a possible traitor because I assume that the Book of Prophecies refers to this Keyblade War.

I think Sora will be the protagonist until the end of the series. Nomura has said a few times that kingdom Hearts is Sora's story, so Kingdom Hearts 3 shouldn't be his last appearance, it's just the end of this chapter. But maybe the vision for the series has changed or something and Normura sees it more as a multi-hero thing now.

I think so too. Sora is 99% being stil the protagonist in KH4 in my opinion. 

Edited by Richypiants02

Of course there is, it was just an example to say they could actually change.

I wouldn't be mad too if the next protagonist isn't Sora, but if he is I hope he stops losing his powers from one game to another.

I don't have any problem with the story too, I think Nomura was meaning in that comment that he doesn't remember if Ventus knows Sora (for example)and he needs to check.

Oh, Lea isn't going to die, Nomura said he's going to have more time under the spotlight in KH4. I personally think he could be a possible traitor because I assume that the Book of Prophecies refers to this Keyblade War.

I think so too. Sora is 99% being stil the protagonist in KH4 in my opinion. 

I'd say its realistic that Sora loses his powers each and every single game because that way story wise he won't start off being OP in all the following games. 

I'd say its realistic that Sora loses his powers each and every single game because that way story wise he won't start off being OP in all the following games. 

Yeah but it's not that other people like Riku progress and become stronger and instead Sora always loses his powers (In CoM with the lost of his memories, then in KH2, then again in 3D just because Yen Sid said so and even now in KH3 cause of the darkness)

Edited by Richypiants02

That's a relief. DO you know when or where Nomura said that? I'd love to find that interview/quote.

Edited by Allwil13