Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
HeartOfFerria

Info | Sign ups The Hunt for Captain Greyhawk [Discussion and Sign Up] [Closed]

I’ll try to create a character sheet. This sounds interesting.

Name: Jacob (Jake) Sorreno

Appearance: Brown hair, blue eyes, 5’8”. Wears a black leather jacket with a white undershirt. Brown pants with tall boots. Wears black gloves that start at the elbows and covers his fingers.

Background: Jacob was born to a family of mercenaries on Earth, who taught him many things during their runs, including different languages, flying, and even trained him in combat. But his parents wanted him to have a good education and a better life, to which they taught him such. However, his family went out for a bounty, and their ship crashed into an asteroid due to mechanical failures. For eleven years, he’s been on his own, giving up his college education for a life of a mercenary. He is not proud with the life he’s forced to take, but he seems to manage. He has managed to create a squad of fellow mercenaries to cooperate in his runs. This bounty on a certain “Captain Greyhawk” has sparked his interest. He hopes to complete this bounty and live a normal life. But at the same time, he wants to stay as a mercenary only for the sake of adventure.

Position: Pilot and master of close combat

Personal Ability: He is very adaptable to any situation. He seems to have great leadership skills, but usually likes to keep to himself until things turn south, on a mission, or if fellow crew members have a disagreement. Jacob is also quite an escape artist, should everyone follow his lead. He is quite fluent in many alien languages, able to make a trade or deal without having to struggle with a language barrier.

Skills: Has unmatched knowledge of swordsmanship, but usually sticks to his blaster, and even then, he is quite a sharpshooter. Ace pilot, able to navigate through anything, even tightly packed asteroid fields, although rare. He is also very good at repairing the old ship.

Race: Human

Augments: N/A

Equipment: Carries a blue sword that can charge up and use friction to cut through anything, although it takes days to recharge. He also carries a blaster. On his right arm, he has a device called a “slinger”, he is able to use it to shoot projectiles (like stones, pods, etc), and it even comes with a grapple hook.

Stats:

-Strength: 14

-Dexeterity: 13

-Constitution: 10

-Intelligence: 12

-Wisdom: 11

-Charisma: 10

Edited by Endless Thundaga

Name: Tibarn Llang

Appearance:

pyromaniac_by_sealkittyy-d7gjra9.png

Background: Raised by an oriental family on the planet of Nuu, Tibarn left for space as an exporter, hoping to support his aging parents.  When he returned one summer he'd come to find that his mother had passed away by a disease that had swept through, filling the young man with grief.  He didn't return to his job and instead drew inward, conversing with few and relying on many trips to the bar for comfort.  It wasn't until a trip to death's door that finally snapped him back into living again.  Tibarn left home for space again, this time as a pirate.  He considers himself a pirate with morals, however: he won't take from orphans or the poor, and won't often kill for spoils unless he felt the person deserved it.  Tibarn travels with the crew in search of his sense of self and purpose.  But will he find it?  That remains to be seen.

Position: Gatherer of intel and skilled assassin (also the ship's bartender xD)

Personal Ability: Thievery.  Has a knack for breaking out of almost any cell, and is known for stealthy pickpocketing.

Skills: Great with knives, but thrown and close-up combat.  Great agility and speed, and, again, has thieving abilities such as lock picking and pickpocketing.

Augments: None

Equipment: Jeweled dagger that his father gave him, along with throwing knives lining his vest.

Stats:

Strength: 10

Dexterity: 15
Constitution:13
Intelligence 10
Wisdom 8
Charisma: 15

Overall this looks pretty neat.  I did notice, however, that you didn't give us a place to add the appearance of our character in our sheets, which I think would be a nice addition.

By the way, I wasn't sure what origin planets we had to choose from for our backstories, so I invented one.  If it's a problem, though, I would happily replace it with your selection of planets.

@Endless Thundaga

In reference to the stats, its honestly up to you guys if you want me to make a stat system just for show. “Ah this person is fair strong, or this person seems to be the intelligent type.” We wouldnt really use it for much without further experimentation

@Mystics Apprentice

The appearance part slipped my mind in favor of game mechanics and the like, Ill addd it in shortly. As for the planets, I was hoping you would choose to make your own as the limitations of this game is how far you are willing to reach in space, anything is up for grabs really

I was thinking about making a shop for your credits to make it feel like your working for something and actually able to use your credits, what do you think of this idea?

I also furth invested in the stat idea, preffering to choose the point buy system from D&D which eill be explained upon a later date

Oh! Right, accepted, both of you

Edited by HeartOfFerria

@Endless Thundaga

In reference to the stats, its honestly up to you guys if you want me to make a stat system just for show. “Ah this person is fair strong, or this person seems to be the intelligent type.” We wouldnt really use it for much without further experimentation

@Mystics Apprentice

The appearance part slipped my mind in favor of game mechanics and the like, Ill addd it in shortly. As for the planets, I was hoping you would choose to make your own as the limitations of this game is how far you are willing to reach in space, anything is up for grabs really

I was thinking about making a shop for your credits to make it feel like your working for something and actually able to use your credits, what do you think of this idea?

I also furth invested in the stat idea, preffering to choose the point buy system from D&D which eill be explained upon a later date

Shop system seems like an interesting idea. I’d be down to give it a try.

Btw, you don’t have to type “@“ in KH13. We use the “Quote” button at the bottom of our posts. It’s a LOT easier that way.

@Endless Thundaga

@Mystics Apprentice

If we're not really going to use the stats it may be a lot of additional work for you to create a stat system, but it would be entertaining.  I'm not inclined either way, really, so whatever you feel is best sounds great to me.

That sounds great about the character's appearance!  I'll edit my sheet in like to implement it.  I'm also glad that I wasn't overstepping my bounds by creating a planet.

Concerning the shop: I rather like the idea of working to earn credits.  It would make things quite interesting.

@Endless Thundaga

Seeing as Im on my phone, it appears Im only sble to quote one person so if it doesnt bother you, I would like to proceed with @

@Mystics Apprentice

Im trying to keep a hold on the game while giving you guys creative liberties. And since the wold is endless its really ended up as a, Why not. Kind of system. As for the shop since in throwing you right into a mission thr system will not be up immediatly but if this goes well Ill be sure to have it up and running by the next arc.

https://www.zerochan.net/725697

Can you guys see that?

———————————

Name: Solomond Krane

Position: Scoundrel

Backstory: Born aboard an old mining rig without a family, Solomond quickly learned the world was dog eat dog. He began to steal, he began to scavange, he began to loot, he even sold drugs, he did time... and he was sooo good at it that He figured why not, and left the rig on the first passing trade ship they confronted. He watched and listened, learning the art of trade from the ship owners. Until one day he could swindle his way through somebodies heart and into their pockets. Credit is all he really cared about in the world besides lifes most basic desires. Currently he resides as a guard for a ship and its crew, watching over it while they go off to hunt down bounties he finds and brings to their attention

Personal Ability: Twisted Tounge, with a handle for haggling Solomond makes items cost 25% less as long as he is activly participating in the scene and with the merchant.

Skills: having been around traders for a significant amount of his life, Solomond has a navk for haggling prices, and his personal ability certainly makes that even easier. Being very good with his hands he finds that small arms are his best bet, his favorite being his hotshot fire pistol, basically a handheld flamethrower. Ususally used to weld ships back together. He grew up a scoundrel and developed a sense of stealth very quickly, cant get caught if they dont see you. His past also hints at an ability to repair a ships hull, he was built aboard a very old mining rig, he wouldnt want the ship to collaps. Lastly he found himself good at convincing people to go along with his actions, he could be very persuasive.

Augments: A single Cybernetic Arm that contains a grappling hook.

Equipment:

grappling hook

Flame spewer pistol

The clothes on his back

Stats

Dexterity: 14

Constitution: 10

Intelligence: 14

Wisdom: 10

Charisma: 14

Edited by HeartOfFerria

Is there a character limit that you had in mind, or could we make more than one character?  I had some ideas for another that would be fun to add to the fray.

Oooh. Interesting.

I'l make a sheet when im home.

@Mystics and Thundaga.

Neither of you are getting rid of me!

Wouldn't dream of it.  More characters to have verbal wars with. :P

That would be four people which would be nice and at my current max till i understand how you guys roleplay here

I'm pretty sure that Vaude would want in on this, as this is right up his alley.  Might I reserve a spot for him?

@Mystics Apprentice

I suppose I wouldnt mind you reserving a spot. If it comes down to it, as it sounds like you all are close friends I wouldnt mind turning my character into a npc for me to have aboard the ship so your friends could hop in. The more the merrier and the more ill be able to GM this.

As for character limit. Id prefer one per, but if this gets self running I might consider a second.

@Mystics Apprentice

I suppose I wouldnt mind you reserving a spot. If it comes down to it, as it sounds like you all are close friends I wouldnt mind turning my character into a npc for me to have aboard the ship so your friends could hop in. The more the merrier and the more ill be able to GM this.

As for character limit. Id prefer one per, but if this gets self running I might consider a second.

Sweet, thanks!  And yes, we're all pretty close friends.  Being in one roleplay together for two years and counting will do that. :). I could see this idea gathering a lot of interest, as it's quite a fun and refreshing idea.

And no problem on the second character; one is just fine with me. :)

We are all basicaly a very disfunctional family.

quote name="HeartOfFerria" post="1984658" timestamp="1529603457"]@ScrapMaster

You seem to have been lurking for a while its a pleasure to findslly see a post from you ^~^

Been looking for free time to post while at work.

And since you allowed magic...im maling a psychic.:D

@Scrapmaster

I was waiting to see who would take that. I will warn you though, Im probably gonna make psychic interference a thing since if you get to play with psychic stuff Ill get to play with psychic stuff in a later arc.

Edited by HeartOfFerria

@Scrapmaster

I was waiting to see who would take that. I will warn you though, Im probably gonna make psychic interference a thing since if you have a psychic stuff Ill get to play with paychic stuff in a later arc

Im nor making your common "Telekinesis psychic". Just FYI.

And psychic interferance seems good. Will there be equipment that provides resistance to it?

Im nor making your common "Telekinesis psychic". Just FYI.

And psychic interferance seems good. Will there be equipment that provides resistance to it?

Of course but that should come later on. Ill let yall get aquainted with the system before throwing anything too crazy at you

At the beckoning of Mystics, I have come, and I'm game for this adventure!  Let's see what I can do with my character sheet.

~~ ~~ ~~

Name: Adamina of the Loft.

Appearance:  While falcon-like in many ways -- brown and white feathering, clawed feet, and sharp eyesight -- Adamina has arms with clawed hands along with her wings and legs.  Her wings have proven useful from time to time but inconvenient for other times, like fittings for spacesuits.  Typically she is dressed in a long white skirt and a golden-beaded headdress, and very rarely does she wear anything else.  Her slender, animalistic physique does not need anything else.  She has fragile, light-weight bones like the typical bird, though she can match the typical human in terms of lifting things.

Background: The Loft were a quiet race once, but the past century gave rise to a new lust for adventure within the stars.  Technology advanced, travel became more and more possible, and the need for more than a humble life spurred young avians to try their luck beyond their home planet.  Adamina was one such individual.  She tried it all, from a bright career path as a junior officer to becoming a lowly scum-of-the-earth.  She now chose the life of a mercenary.

She could not be tethered down by a moral code.  Instead, she lived by the simplest rule that "the strong survive" and acted on it.  It takes more than strength to survive, however, in the depths of space, and she learned this quick.  It takes guile, finesse, the understanding of multiple roles, and financial stability that allow her to be as seasoned as she believes herself to be.  In the back of her mind, she still wonders about her place in this wide universe, but cash comes first.  After that, she can think about what to spend it on.

Position: Contractor for Hire, Medic

Personal Ability: Thoughts in Unison.  The Loft's unique biology of having two separate brains make them difficult to mind-read or fully understand.  Adamina's focus on this natural strength made her resolve great, resulting in great difficulty breaking her down.

Skills:  Resistant to mental attacks, able to fly/hover short distances, multiracial first aid, and decent eyesight.  Has some training in quarterstaves.

Race: Loft (alien, humanoid avian)

Augments: None.

Equipment:  Shrinking and enlarging quarterstaff (battery-sized at the start and up to 4 metres or 13 feet at the longest), with a positron attachment to eat through matter with antimatter of limited strength; multiracial trauma kit; the clothes on her back.

Stats:

Dexterity: 14
Constitution: 8
Intelligence: 15
Wisdom: 13
Charisma: 12

~~ ~~ ~~

I hope this is acceptable.

Edit 1:  Changed out skill "able to repair mildly advanced equipment" to skill "multiracial first aid".  Changed out equipment "mechanic's set of multitools" to equipment "multiracial trauma kit."

Edited by Vaude

Name: Daniel Morgan Lancaster

Appearance: In his All environment suit

XzHnC4l.jpg

Outside his suit:

um4froY.png

Background: Back in his home colony, Pytheas, Daniel always dreamed of going beyond his world's atmosphere, to travel the stars, and assist in the expansion of mankind, at least that is what he believed, the once bright eyed aspiring space adventurer with stars in his eyes, was easily fooled in a "volunteer" program by the intergalagtic Tryston corporation, he was to be an enginer in the colony they built, as he had spent most of his life learning how to maintain and take care of ships. 

However, his "volunteer" job wasn't what he originaly thought it was, instead of fixing things and keeping the space station operating, he was instead a guinea pig for experiments in making a hybrid between the human race and the space traveling, instinctive race of aliens known as Typhon, who fed on the minds of their victims, and with it, they had great psychic power, psychic powers the scientists were trying to implant on Daniel and the other volunteers, it was gruesome and terrifying. But it only got worse as the Typhon broke containment and overrun the whole space station, coming in direct contact with the aliens awakened Daniel's newly acquired psychic powers, and with those powers, and his technical knowhow on how to fix and upgrade things, armed with a trusty shotgun he escaped the station in one of the last escape pods. With nothing but his suit, he stole from one of the members of the space stations, now upgraded and padded with armor and other enhancements.

The Typhon, a shifting mass of seemingly pure dark energy, are unknown to be still around. Their mind powers incredible, and what little Daniel borrowed from them...is frighteningly unique and powerful.

Now, possibly on the hunt from Tryston, and with nowhere to go, he has delved into mercenary work, be it whatever the job entails. He has to make a living somehow in space. 

Position: The Volunteer.

Personal Ability: Psyonic: All those experimental injections and mind altering experiments, have left their mark on Daniel, and as such he has a keen connection to the psychic, and can manifest some of this power to use in most mundane tasks, live levitating things, to even accessing and remotely controling devices from a distance as a sort of reverse hacking. 

During active combat, he is able to hijack the minds of weak and other foes weak of mind, turning them against their allies for as long as needed, before making the controlled enemy commit suicide, he is able to hijack machines with technopathy, inherited from the Typhon, as such he can control weak and non complex machinery. As well as created a small psyonic barrier to protect himself and his allies during combat, the psyonic barrier taking little damage before breaking, but offering a tactical advantage in well...not dying in one shot.  

Should the mind hijacking fail, however, Daniel can utilize "Psychoshock" Which is a direct attack and overload of psychic signals to directly to the target's mind, causing confusion and damage directly to their psyche. However, it is single target and takes a hefty drain on him. But its exceptionaly useful against the psychic resistant.

He cannot chain these skills in quick succession though, he is still learning to control and expand on these abilities, and as such he has a cooldown to take into account, depending on the more powerful the ability in question and the task used, the higher the cooldown. Overuse can lead to psychotic breakdowns and even death.

Skills:

- Repairing and Upgrading
- Mind Reading

- Small arms

- Stealth

- Survival instinct.

Race: Psyonic Human

Augments: A cybernetic left eye, allowing him a small heads up display and interface.

Equipment: His environmental suit, and his shotgun he has maitained and upgraded ever since the incident. As well as a...useful wrench, both as a bludgeon and as a tool.

Stats:(this is where Im personally conflicted as ive looked through some of thr older RPs on the site and it doesnt seem to work well or matter much in most of them. So im tempted to leave it out as it could prove to be a bother, or i could keep them simply as a quick view of who this character physically or mentally is)

Strength: 11
Dexterity:12
Constitution:12
Intelligence:15
Wisdom:13
Charisma:10

There ya go!.

Edited by Scrapmaster

Give me like 8 hours.

Like they're going to go on a Galaxy hopping Adventure without me!

(I'm not the last of their friends you were expecting, but no one expects the yuri Inquisition)

Edited by Sabre Lily

Dont worry, ill make sure they dont leave without you. ^~^

Also very well. I suppose a sixth couldnt hirt. But I wont. Be able to do any more people.

Yuri Inquisition? Please explain?

Mystic, Thundaga. Dont forget appearances and stats.

Thank you for your time

<3

Edited by HeartOfFerria