Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Thunder Keyblade Master

The Next Saga for Kingdom Hearts after the Xehanort Saga.

OK I would like to say that Kingdom Hearts 3 would be completely epic, but it is not a guaranteed thing to make another Kingdom Hearts game after the Xehanort Saga, in an Interview with Nomura, it said this.

In another interview you said the reason why it's shocking to other people is because they don't know the path that you've created and you know where it's going to end, so you know how to get there. How far have you created that path? This is supposed to be the end of Sora's story. Do you have another story that goes beyond this or is this the end for you as well?

The way that I make games is that while I'm creating the current title, I'm always thinking about what's ahead of that. That hasn't changed from [the first] Kingdom Hearts, so it's the same for Kingdom Hearts 3 as well and it's all in my mind. But that doesn't mean that we will be able to create that game or we will eventually create the next game. I do this so that it doesn't contradict what I see in the future of Kingdom Hearts. Like I said earlier, it's just not that it's a definite yes or no as to whether or not there will be [another Kingdom Hearts] title, but I do have something in mind.

So we will never know until the future if Nomura is going to create another Kingdom Hearts saga, or he will close the franchise entirely.

For some reason this is the first time I'm seeing this interview. And I found it on Gamespot after searching it on google. Still, there are some inconsistencies.

Firstly, it was stated by Nomura himself that KH III wouldn't be the end of Sora's story.

And secondly, it was also stated by him that after KHIII a new saga would begun. 

So...unless it is on kh13.com, or I won't believe on it. It sounds too much suspicious too.

Edited by Ricardo Magid_49647

Well, in my eyes, as long as Nomura doesn't lose the love or the spark or the motivation of creating more Kingdom Hearts games, I'm pretty sure that the series will continue, as he had stated himself long ago that Kingdom Hearts III would close out the Xehanort Saga, but not end the series permanently. 

I'm confident that after a decent time of rest between Kingdom Hearts III and Kingdom Hearts IV, a new saga will come into play! :)

I'm sure there will be more. They might make a few "side" games first (hopefully not too many), but with it being this popular and it looking like Nomura wants to continue, it looks like there is more to come.  

Well, he said he has something in mind, so I think there's a good chance the series will continue. 

Good chance? It has confirmed that the series will continue.

Well, in my eyes, as long as Nomura doesn't lose the love or the spark or the motivation of creating more Kingdom Hearts games, I'm pretty sure that the series will continue, as he had stated himself long ago that Kingdom Hearts III would close out the Xehanort Saga, but not end the series permanently. 

I'm confident that after a decent time of rest between Kingdom Hearts III and Kingdom Hearts IV, a new saga will come into play! :)

This dosent surprise me at all in kh1 we could fight against xemnas and when he paases throug sora words like roxas, nobody and so on can be seen so i think he has always some basic idea what he is going to do next

There will also be a Secret movie in kh3 which you can bet your socks will be a tease for kh4 which is why i will right away choose the highest difficulty so that i can be sure that if there are sidequest that are to annoying to do i will get the cutscene anyway

Lik in every project the idea is there, niw it depends if he can sdapt it well, he certainly has material to work with, lots if Disney properties still have to make an appearance and as we move forward more Disney stuff releases as well, so yeah, if everything goes well ee csn get more KH after the already acclaimed KHIII :D

If he creates a new saga, I feel like he should start it totally over with a new cast of people. I love all of the characters and everything to death, but it’s time for some innovation when it comes to characters, themes, worlds, combat, etc. KH3 is already innovating with combat which I’m happy about, but something that definitely needs to change for the next saga—assuming there is one—the story needs to be way more cohesive. In my opinion, Nomura is really good at writing characters, but kinda shit at writing the stories a little :/

Also, I love Sora to death, but I really don’t want to play as him again in the next saga

This dosent surprise me at all in kh1 we could fight against xemnas and when he paases throug sora words like roxas, nobody and so on can be seen so i think he has always some basic idea what he is going to do next

There will also be a Secret movie in kh3 which you can bet your socks will be a tease for kh4 which is why i will right away choose the highest difficulty so that i can be sure that if there are sidequest that are to annoying to do i will get the cutscene anyway

Yeah, Nomura has always planted the seeds for what's to come next in all of his games, so odds are that Kingdom Hearts III will follow similarly!

I definitely agree that the secret movie will most probably be a tease for the next saga, and I'm personally hoping it has something to do with the Master Of Masters!

If he creates a new saga, I feel like he should start it totally over with a new cast of people. I love all of the characters and everything to death, but it’s time for some innovation when it comes to characters, themes, worlds, combat, etc. KH3 is already innovating with combat which I’m happy about, but something that definitely needs to change for the next saga—assuming there is one—the story needs to be way more cohesive. In my opinion, Nomura is really good at writing characters, but kinda shit at writing the stories a little :/

Also, I love Sora to death, but I really don’t want to play as him again in the next saga

I somewhat agree with everything you said (other than focusing on other character since I'm pretty sure they are gonna keep the focus on Sora and friends). But yeah, the overall story needs to be more cohesive, and hopefully all the games start out all on the same system(s).  ;)