Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Wan_Pisu

What are your thoughts on the full version of Utada Hikaru's "Chikai"?

What are your thoughts on the full version of Utada Hikaru's "Chikai"?  

58 members have voted

1. 1. What are your thoughts on the full version of Utada Hikaru's "Chikai"?

• Beautiful!
    • I liked it before and I like it even more now
    • It's alright
    • I still don't know
    • It's a bit slower than I want
    • I'm excited to hear the English version
    • There are some weird bits in it, heh
    • Not a fan of it
    • I prefer other new Utada songs
    • I need to see the opening first
    • Something else? Share below!

When I thought about the ending of KH3 along with hearing this song, it kinda hit me and I really like it now. I’m going to be so depressed when I get to the end of KH3, especially with this song playing. I feel like they’ll make an after the battle version too, because it could probably be slower and even more depressing, just like I like it :D

As mentioned before, I'm not a fan of the song. It's too slow, lacks rhythm in my opinion and the lyrics don't really seem to fit unless you squint really, really hard. I also think it sounds too solemn for the series' epic finale and I hope that's the ending version. And that they don't push it into every single trailer, especially at points where it sounds strange.

Though to be honest, it's not what I usually listen to anyway and just because it's connected to Kingdom Hearts won't make me magically adore it. I can't oversee my personal opinion of music just because of that and even seeing the opening won't make me like it. It might fit the opening in the best case, but int he end I wouldn't have minded if she didn't write a song for KH3 and they simply chose one of Shimomura's tracks.

It's not a bad song or badly performed, just not my cup of tea. I'm glad many people seem to enjoy it though.

As mentioned before, I'm not a fan of the song. It's too slow, lacks rhythm in my opinion and the lyrics don't really seem to fit unless you squint really, really hard. I also think it sounds too solemn for the series' epic finale and I hope that's the ending version. And that they don't push it into every single trailer, especially at points where it sounds strange.

Though to be honest, it's not what I usually listen to anyway and just because it's connected to Kingdom Hearts won't make me magically adore it. I can't oversee my personal opinion of music just because of that and even seeing the opening won't make me like it. It might fit the opening in the best case, but int he end I wouldn't have minded if she didn't write a song for KH3 and they simply chose one of Shimomura's tracks.

It's not a bad song or badly performed, just not my cup of tea. I'm glad many people seem to enjoy it though.

I like the song but I see where you are coming from and personaly I think I will enjoy it less if it wasn't made for Kingdom Hearts.

I'm not a big fan of it. It's in no way bad, but it just doesn't have the quality that the previous two theme songs had, if anyone knows what I mean. Don't get me wrong, it's a beautiful song but it just isn't what I was hoping for.

However, on the subject of it being too slow, I don't think that will be an issue for too long. The previous theme songs of the series have had two different versions included in their respective game. In the original Kingdom Hearts and in Birth By Sleep, the version of Simple and Clean that opened the game was a remix that had a good beat and fast speed, while the regular slower version played over the game's credits. In the case of Kingdom Hearts 2 it was reversed; the regular version of Sanctuary played to open the game and then the slower "After the Battle" version played over the credits. The other games were similar in this pattern.

If Kingdom Hearts III follows this trend, then there will be two different versions of Don't Think Twice used during the game. I just hope that if this is true, then the version that opens the game is an alternate faster version.

I don't know,it still doesn't clic with me,but hey I use to hate Simple and Clean and now I sing it everytime I hear it,so it might grow on me by playing KH3

We have to keep in mind that she wrote this song specifically for Kingdom Hearts 3, so she definitely knows what she's doing. The other two songs were already written and integrated into the series, so this song has more meaning for me.

I see that a lot of people don’t like Don’t Think Twice and that’s kinda funny. We have folks who couldn’t carry a tune to save their life but apparently they know more about music than someone who has composed and sung over 90% of the songs throughout the KH series. If you can’t write and produce a song better than Utada, you are just pissing in the wind.

Edited by OhHamburgers!

I see that a lot of people don’t like Don’t Think Twice and that’s kinda funny. We have folks who couldn’t carry a tune to save their life but apparently they know more about music than someone who has composed and sung over 90% of the songs throughout the KH series. If you can’t write and produce a song better than Utada, you are just pissing in the wind.

Just because someone doesn't like something doesn't mean they think it's trash. I'm not a fan of Don't Think Twice, but I don't think it's bad; it just doesn't do it for me.

Japanese is a beautifull language but since the day i heard the the first few linea of the english Version it made "click" in my mind right away.

Sora always blinks twice.  Does that make him a Xehanort?

It makes him ultra xehanort! The reason for this involes a lot of time travel again which i will explain in a 400 page book later thia year