Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter

There's a rated T for Teens and Adolescents and there's just T for Teen.

Most Final Fantasys have T for Teen, while most Shonen anime games have T for Teens and Adolescents. I think Disney won't go past Teens and Adolescents.

Personally, if this does happen I sincerely hope they keep the cussing to a very small minimum.

Edited by Xanjoh

Most Final Fantasys have T for Teen, while most Shonen anime games have T for Teens and Adolescents. I think Disney won't go past Teens and Adolescents.

Personally, if this does happen I sincerely hope they keep the cussing to a very small minimum.

lets hear mickey say the F word 

I'm pretty sure there's just one Teen rating unless you live outside the US or something.

I recall a Pirates game was rated T, so I doubt Disney will care if III ends up in the same boat.

I'm pretty sure that we'll see Kingdom Hearts III be the first game in the series to sport a T for Teen rating. I mean, with the game being darker than the rest of the series, there's no doubt in my mind that there's going to be some scenes or some battles that will definitely merit the T rating. If not, then the game will probably have the E10+ rating the previous entries have sported.

I don't think it will go above E10 and up. They still market the game for younger players. Sure it might go darker but I don't think that means it will be more violent like with blood and such. The only reason KH2 was E10 and up was because of PotC which had some alcohol and a tiny itty bit of blood. I doubt they would do much more than that. Not to mention I don't think Disney would want a game that has Mickey Mouse in it to be rated T. 

I'm pretty sure there's just one Teen rating unless you live outside the US or something.

I recall a Pirates game was rated T, so I doubt Disney will care if III ends up in the same boat.

Pirates of the Caribbean is a PG-13 rated franchise and, right now, it's the only one that comes from "in-house" Disney. So of course the games based on those movies are rated T. They've made other PG-13 movies, but none that are quite as successful. 

As far as Kingdom Hearts 3 goes, I don't really have a problem with it remaining E10+, except for one thing that was brought up during Final Fantasy XVs development: that different ratings boards across the world will rate a game based on themes that-in North America, at least-aren't really offensive enough to warrant greater age restrictions. In the case of FFXV, it was the concept of worshiping the Goddess of Death. That lead to the games entire mythology being changed.

It sounds irrational to apply this concern to Kingdom Hearts, a series which has gotten away with more than what most games rated E10+ even attempt to do AFAIK, but it really makes me think.

Fun fact: Back before KH2 was released in English, G4TV featured it in a program with a T rating. And given the amount of censorship the North American and PAL versions of the game have, I'm inclined to believe that was the actual ESRB rating before the censorship was applied.

Edited by Andrew Rowland

With Nomura confirming darker themes and quite possibly deaths, I was wondering if it's possible we could see the first T  rated game in the series? I don't believe that Disney would care as long as it's not M. What do you all think?

That would be sick but I highly doubt it considering it’s supposed to be marketed towards kids in the 6-12 range as well as adults. Parents are becoming more aware of game ratings and having it rated T would exclude a huge audience. And who knows, I could be entirely wrong and it could actually be rated T once it releases, but considering who they’re trying to sell to, not likely.