Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Sign in to follow this  
SorRik

KH2.8 How did Mickey know about Sora and Riku in 0.2

Well, I assume it's Yen-Sid's doing, just like you've mentioned. Of course it was the first game, and Nomura couldn't include these intricate plot points and characters without explaining a whole bunch of other stuff, but if we want to make sense of the plot as a whole, I believe Yen-Sid is a good call :)

Well it was confirmed long ago that the voice for the tutorial in KH1 was Mickey, also, on the Final Mix version there are Riku scenes included from the start where he arrives at Hollow Bastion to the point where he is cast to the Realm of Darkness due to Ansem's possesion. At that point Riku is regretting his actions and asking for his friends forgiveness and very much like Aqua he stays on his feet saying he needs to see them one more time IT'S THEN that Mickey's voice appears and guides Riku telling him he needs his help with closing the Door to Darkness A.K.A. Kingdom Hearts to which Riku agrees since he can feel Sora's and Kairi's hearts and now knows they're OK.

With this in mind now you know why Riku goes there, although it's never specified how Mickey knows about these two friends. As you said it's possible that Yen Sid prepared Mickey beforehand telling him about what these two boys would become and how he would need to help them from the dark realm.

EDIT: So the reply before me explains the point of how Mickey knows about these two. He was kinda stalking them behind the scenes :v

Edited by KeybladeMasterBalo

Yeah, pretty much as the other members have mentioned, Mickey already had some pre-ordained knowledge of Sora and Riku. Just because he was off doing his own thing didn't mean that he didn't know what was going on in the other worlds, ya know? He is, after all, a very powerful Keyblade Wielder and a king, so I would figure it's his job to keep tabs on certain things, ya know? And like stated in the comments above, he was working behind the scenes, and so he knew of the two, that Sora was helping to keep order in the worlds, while Riku helped him out in the end to close the Door To Darkness.