Sign in to follow this  
SorRik

How did Mickey know about Sora and Riku in 0.2

Okay Kingdom Hearts fans I have came across this post and this is a mind boggling question indeed. Heres the post,

I just got done playing 0.2 and one thing that really stood out to me was that Mickey knew Riku and Sora’s names and that Riku knew he had to help close the door to Kingdom Hearts. If I remember correctly In KH1 there was no mention of Mickey knowing of Riku and Sora, except for the mention of the “key” but still there was never a specific name and I don’t really remember the specifics on why Riku knew he had to help with the door to darkness. So my question is how does Mickey know their names in 0.2 and how does Riku know to close the DTD

(Birth By Sleep 0.2 and KH1 timeline) He wants to try and find out how did Mickey knew about Sora and Riku have been helping him the whole time. Scene takes place when Aqua and Mickey entered a broken Destiny Islands and when Mickey asked "what were the boys names?"Aqua mentioned Sora and Riku, Then Mickey knew that Sora and Riku have been helping him.

Was it to just advance the plot or would have been Yensid updating him telling him what to do or something else missing? I know KH1 was the first game and hasnt been thought of these. So lets try to brainstorm about it. Thanks

Edited by SorRik

Well, I assume it's Yen-Sid's doing, just like you've mentioned. Of course it was the first game, and Nomura couldn't include these intricate plot points and characters without explaining a whole bunch of other stuff, but if we want to make sense of the plot as a whole, I believe Yen-Sid is a good call :)

Q: How does Mickey know the names of Sora & Riku by the events of 0.2?

A: Mickey revealed in Re:Coded that he was actually in Traverse Town the same day that Sora arrived there and began his journey with Donald & Goofy (KH1). That is probably how he knew about Sora. Since Mickey was running around behind the scenes in KH1, and he knew about Sora, it wouldn't be too crazy to assume that Mickey was aware of Riku as well, since he was a prominent player on the Villain side of the story. (The info appears at 1:45 in the following video).

Q: How did Riku know to close the Door to Darkness?

A: In a scene added for Kingdom Hearts Final Mix, Mickey tells Riku about the door while Riku's heart(?) is wandering around the Realm of Darkness. This scene takes place after the scene where Kairi gives Sora her lucky charm in Traverse Town (KH1). The voice that Riku is speaking with has been confirmed to be Mickey. This can be seen in the clip below.

Well it was confirmed long ago that the voice for the tutorial in KH1 was Mickey, also, on the Final Mix version there are Riku scenes included from the start where he arrives at Hollow Bastion to the point where he is cast to the Realm of Darkness due to Ansem's possesion. At that point Riku is regretting his actions and asking for his friends forgiveness and very much like Aqua he stays on his feet saying he needs to see them one more time IT'S THEN that Mickey's voice appears and guides Riku telling him he needs his help with closing the Door to Darkness A.K.A. Kingdom Hearts to which Riku agrees since he can feel Sora's and Kairi's hearts and now knows they're OK.

With this in mind now you know why Riku goes there, although it's never specified how Mickey knows about these two friends. As you said it's possible that Yen Sid prepared Mickey beforehand telling him about what these two boys would become and how he would need to help them from the dark realm.

EDIT: So the reply before me explains the point of how Mickey knows about these two. He was kinda stalking them behind the scenes :v

Edited by KeybladeMasterBalo

Yeah, pretty much as the other members have mentioned, Mickey already had some pre-ordained knowledge of Sora and Riku. Just because he was off doing his own thing didn't mean that he didn't know what was going on in the other worlds, ya know? He is, after all, a very powerful Keyblade Wielder and a king, so I would figure it's his job to keep tabs on certain things, ya know? And like stated in the comments above, he was working behind the scenes, and so he knew of the two, that Sora was helping to keep order in the worlds, while Riku helped him out in the end to close the Door To Darkness.